slimmers world on a budjet?

paulaanne

Hi all i have been following exant on and off for a while and although i love the easyness of not having to think of what to eat plus my families meals but the weight comes off easy but goes back on hell of a lot easier thinking of doing sw again!but it always seem to cost so much anyone lost on basic convenient foods?dont want to be spending on loads of ingredients thanks in advance paula

There is a budget menu on the sw website, but i think you have to be a member to view it x

I follow the green plan & find it fairly cheap to be honest. Far cheaper than all the c**p I used to buy to stuff my face with anyway !!
If I make Quorn Chilli that will do me at least 4 main meals along with pasta or rice.
Quorn Mince £1.77
Value Chopped tomatoes 33p (x2)
Pasatta 27p
Value Kidney beans 26p
Chilli Beans 48p

Homemade soup is also cheap to make & makes a large potful. It could be expensive but I plan my week so I only buy what I need & look out for deals etc.

Its certainly cheaper than Exante lol. I buy a big sack of spuds for a fiver from a local farm and you can go to aldi or lidl for everthing else :)

I think its definately possible - I do green days as its a lot cheaper - i tend to eat a lot of meals such as beans or spaghetti on toast, or with jacket potato, pasta, rice etc - frozen veg is cheaper so there are definately ways. Those threads will be the best place to look :) Good luck xx

I posted on this subject the other day - so not going to repeat the entire (very long) post - but simply shop around. And don't be afraid of the bargin bins - most the fruit in those at the supermarkets aren't even ripe at the time and will keep for at least 3 or 4 days. If you have a good grocer near you that regularly has specials or grade II veg - buy and freeze - i've been buying and freezing my own mushrooms, leeks, and peppers for a while - always to hand when i want to do a chilli, or bolognese or curry, and always there to help bulk out portions of same that have come out of the freezer. That's on top of the fruit i freeze (pineapples, most berries, grapes for example).

I was doing exante but realised that its not a realistic diet. Yes you lose the weight but like you said it goes back on easier and quicker, its brilliant for a quick fix but thats about it. So iv rejoined SW and love it. This week iv done green days and found it cheaper than exante. Pasta and sauce, lovely roasted veg, rice stuffed peppers, stir fry and jacket potatoes are my fav meal. Lovely meals and very filling.

pizzle84 said:
I was doing exante but realised that its not a realistic diet. Yes you lose the weight but like you said it goes back on easier and quicker, its brilliant for a quick fix but thats about it. So iv rejoined SW and love it. This week iv done green days and found it cheaper than exante. Pasta and sauce, lovely roasted veg, rice stuffed peppers, stir fry and jacket potatoes are my fav meal. Lovely meals and very filling.

Vlcds are perfectly realistic if you stick to it. If the weight goes back on when you cone off it then hats down to you and the things you eat not the diet. People regain weight after losing on SW yet oddly enough no one ever seems to put the blame then at SWs door. To say it's a quick fix is nonsense. Have you seen how many people successfully maintain after a VLCD??

Vlcds are perfectly realistic if you stick to it. If the weight goes back on when you cone off it then hats down to you and the things you eat not the diet. People regain weight after losing on SW yet oddly enough no one ever seems to put the blame then at SWs door. To say it's a quick fix is nonsense. Have you seen how many people successfully maintain after a VLCD??

It says you're on exante, have you done SW before?

pizzle84 said:
It says you're on exante, have you done SW before?

Not sure why it's relevant but yes I most certainly have and it didn't work for me at all and I didnt enjoy it. Despite that I would NEVER go round saying it's a rubbish diet and doesnt work. It didn't work FOR ME but I totally respect the fact is an excellent diet and works for others so I wouldn't think of slating it.

Just because someone finds a diet doesn't work for them is no excuse for rubbishing it or writing it off, something which sadly happens all too often on this site

No one diet fits all there's not a diet featured on minimins that isn't effective it's just down to personal choice. Every diet works if you follow it properly and if you don't make sensible choices when you come off ANY diet the weight will go back on. And that's no fault of the diet. Thats the fault of the dieter

Last edited:
Anyway...........looking at that site im not sure how you can do food for just £1 a day, surely you'll have to spend out alot first to have the right ingrediants like honey etc. I'll definately be trying some of these recipes, cheers for the link.

I'm not sure either, but I might encorporate some of the principles into next weeks shop and see how cheap I can make it!

Back