Slimming success tips - add yours

Great idea.
I'm a returning newbie.
I have found, for myself ,it its planning and if i go out to eat, i have some free foods first so i am not tempted to go overboard.
Most of all the support and information from this website,
invaluable. Thanks everyone

I'm a terrible grazer inbetween meals....if i see food i eat it!
Boredom is also a killer for me and I can often be found at the fridge basking in the rays! :)

I struggle to find ways to disuade myself from giving in to urges - however I am very lucky that I am a natural healthy eater which keeps me at my maintenance weight.

I love reading other people diaries and really look forward to planning my own meals daily.

Minimins is really fantastic and the support network and interesting posts keep me happily amused for hours - so THANKS EVERYONE!!

REM

1 quick tip i have is when going to a restaurant look at the menu in advance 99% of menus can be found online and that way when i get there i know what im having and am not tempted to look at the menu again for something naughtier!!

Planning.

That's it! Plan your evening meals for the week, not for set days but the meals you will have and make sure you have the ingredients. Plan lunches, if you go to work, make sure you take lunch - not taking lunch is one of the pitfalls for me.

Keep it varied - use the recipes from the magazine and from here but don't limit yourself to those. I use all my cook books, just omit oil and use frylight, don't add butter and use less cheese if specified. Add fromage frais instead of cream. There are so many recipes out there!

Never allow yourself to get bored, if you eat the same thing week in week out then you will get bored and that's not good for me!

So, planning and variety are my top tips but the biggest tip of all.... If it's "not working" go back to basics and read the book.

Invest in a white board marker!

when i make a batch of something

say mushrooms stroganoff i write on the box/lunch box/ tupper ware how many portions roughly are in it and how many syns it is per portion and it wipes off when you need to reuse!!

I use my white board marker to write all my meals for the week on the board. Couldn't be without it.

I thought about using it on tuppaware - doesn't it rub off though in the freezer?

Don,t weigh yourself before your official WI day - EVER!!

Back