1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Slimming world 14 week countdown to the sun

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by derwen25, 16 April 2014 Social URL.

1. derwen25

derwen25 Active Member

Well I finally decided to give Slimming World a go. I lost weight 4 years ago for a wedding using weight watchers online, but once the wedding came and went the weight came back. Since then I've halfheartedly lost and gained 7lbs. But I've 3 children so want to do this for them as well as me. We have a holiday booked for 3 weeks in 14 weeks time, so the time has come to do something about it. I am doing slimming world online so not attending a group, so am hoping by blogging my weeks here it will keep me on track. (Knowing other people can see it!) :ashamed0005:

I started online last Monday (7th April) and lost 7lb in my 1st week. I couldn't believe I could loose that while eating so much!! :D
    (One of the reasons I'd not tried slimming world before - as I could never understand how you could loose weight while eating - a diet to me was cutting down on everything, not enjoying lovely meals!)

Well I am really enjoying this and getting back to cooking. It may take longer but I don't think I've took anything out of the freezer apart from veg!

Start weight: 13st 9lb
    Week 1: 13st 2lb

Last edited: 16 April 2014
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. derwen25

derwen25 Active Member

Well feel a bit deflated today. Always dread school holidays as husband is off too. Def feel like I have overeaten the past few days and know I'm not going to have a loss on Monday like I had my 1st WI. Scales just don't seem to be shifting :confused:. I'm thinking of doing red and green days instead of extra easy. Does anyone have a preference to the days they do?

4. derwen25

derwen25 Active Member

I've decided I will do a mix so today is red.
    My menu for today is

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (Hex b) 350ml Skimmed Milk (Hex a)
    Lunch: Salad (lettuce, cucumber, pepper, beetroot) Ham
    Mullerlight and raspberries
    Tea: Chicken breast, roasted butternut squash, broccoli, carrots, (Hex b) 200g new potatoes
    Melon
    Syns: Quixo gravy 100ml - 1.5 syn
    2 x yorkshire puds - 5 syns

5. derwen25

derwen25 Active Member

If anyone reads this please feel free to tell me if I've gone wrong anywhere. Still abit confused being new :confused:

6. Target_Rose

Target_Rose Well-Known Member

Looks good to me, 7 lbs is great for your first week! I find red and green works best for me and rarely have a extra easy day as I'm used to the two healthy extras now. X

7. derwen25

derwen25 Active Member

Thanks Rosierose123 :)

I think red and green may be the way forward. Having 2 HEXa and B seems much better. Fingers crossed for Monday - Although am going to Disneyland Paris and Paris with the kidstill Fri so hoping all the walking will burn off some calories.

8. derwen25

derwen25 Active Member

Well I didnt get chance to weigh myself Monday as have been in Disney & Paris with the family. Will be home tonight so dreading weighing when I get home. Hoping all the walking will have burnt off the calories :(

9. derwen25

derwen25 Active Member

After arriving home and weighing I was just 0.5lb on. Am really happy with that after eating rubbish in Disney all week. Back to it now :)

10. derwen25

derwen25 Active Member

well after this morns weigh in I was 3lb on :( nothing I wasnt expecting after eating rubbish at the weekend. Back on it today and eaten well.

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (hexb)
    350ml skimmed milk (hexa)

Lunch : Super pasta n sauce( made with rest of milk) free
    salad & Aldi fat free greek strawberry yog

Tea: Syn free Chicken tikka Massala ( fat free natural yog, Tikka spice mix, Chicken breast, Tinned toms, Mushrooms and onions)
    Syn Free Chips
    Broccoli
    Aldi fat free lemon greek yog
    Strawberries
    Syns: 2 Meringue nests - 5

11. derwen25

derwen25 Active Member

4.5lb off this week! :)

12. Crafty Girl

Crafty Girl Well-Known Member

Well done

13. derwen25

derwen25 Active Member

Hmmn having an up and down week!! Mixture of stress, hormones, lack of sleep and laziness mean I have not stuck to plan 100%, but I know I can do this so am planning 100% over the weekend :)

14. derwen25

derwen25 Active Member

Don't seem to be doing well at all. I haven't put weight on but don't seem to be loosing either. My 14week countdown is now just 6weeks :cry:
    I think I may try success express? Last night I gave in and ate pizza and some wine. Then some biscuits :sign0007: It was late and really should have just ate tea the same time as the kids.