Slimming World and Exercise

Alilou21

Not too sure where to post this but...

I have finally hit a dead end with my losses.. I think i need to up my exercise. During the day i am not very active as i have an office job. So on a typical day i would only have a hours walk at lunch and any odd distances in the office during the day. Which clearly does not add up to much!!

Basically my friend is getting married in 13 weeks.. I would love to loose 2 stone by then and/or tone up.

I was thinking about doing the C25K challenge. Was just wondering if what people's view's / experiences are?

Has anyone had any really good results doing anything else? And could give some recommendations?

If you went out and walked you entire lunch hour then I would say that is plenty of exercise. But of course it wouldn't hurt to do more! Swimming is a good exercise, and c25k would also be good.

However, if your weight loses has stopped I would be inclined to look more closely at what you are eating first of all. Something isn't right if you aren't losing 1-2lbs a week without the exercise at your current weight. Of course, the exercise should help nudge it along a bit. Always good to shake up the body!

Good luck!

Thanks!
As far as I can see what I am eating is fine... Maybe my portion sizes are big, so this week I have made them smaller! This is my 3rd week of staying the same! But like you said I should be seeing a little bit, I must be doing something wrong! My body just does not want to let go! I think I might post my food diary in full next week!

Thanks for the advice I will not give up!! X

As Gilbo has suggested, I walk during my lunch hour not every day but at least 3 times per week-even if its just to the local town and back its something. I do Zumba on the WII through the week and love it!

Try the 30 day shred, its only half an hour a day and you can see results pretty quickly. I am on day 12 and already have a flatter (fat!) stomach, better defined arms and thighs and pretty sure my boobs are smaller!! This way even if you don't lose all the weight you wanted your body will definitely look better - I'm saying this from experience, have spent the last 6 weeks trying to lose another stone for my friends wedding in 10 days time and doesn't look like I'll get all the way there now but I do look better!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do though

Thank's guys...
I know alot of people have said about the 30 day shred... but i have a problem with some exercise dvds.. I broke my wrist 9 months ago and had to have it operated on. Although i have had the all clear from the doctors, i still struggle to hold my weight on it. I'm guessing the 30 day shred would include something of this kind?!

I'm still unsure what to choose!

Alilou21 said:
Thank's guys...
I know alot of people have said about the 30 day shred... but i have a problem with some exercise dvds.. I broke my wrist 9 months ago and had to have it operated on. Although i have had the all clear from the doctors, i still struggle to hold my weight on it. I'm guessing the 30 day shred would include something of this kind?!

I'm still unsure what to choose!

You might struggle with 30 day shred then tbh. I have a rsi in my wrist and really struggled with it. There are a lot of push ups and plank type exercises that involve putting your body weight on your hands. I got it for a fiver tho so its worth buying to give it a go. Level one is prob best but id leave out the push ups in it.

Edited to say ive just bought zumba for xbox kinect and it seems like a good workout. Had me sweating after the tutorials!!!!

Mr Gilbo's post was excellent!

Up/increase the body magic and examine the food eaten - refer to past diaries, I assume you still write everything down (might just be me).

I'm being a bit hypocritial here as on day 12 of 14 in Florida undong all my good work of the past 6 months! - no doubt i n the next two weeks I will get to practice what I preach and sort myself out lol.

Steve

Back