Slimming world and Exercise

davytah

Hey all,
ive been doing slimming world for just over a month now and i have just lost my 1st stone:happy036:
i cant help but feel that the last few pounds lost were due to some extra exercise.
my 1st week i lost 6 lb
2nd week i lost 2lb
3rd week i lost 2 lb
4th week i stayed the same
5th week i lost 4lb.

on my 5th week i started really getting into my exercise more and got a great app on my iphone called "map my run"
basically it uses the gps setting on your phone and watches you while your on your run / walk and tells you your pace and how many calories youve burned. i also downloaded the biggest loser bootcamp dvd... ive done the warm up and level 1 and i found this so easy to do and its not too intense.

so my point being... i know a lot of people doing SW at the minute but not doing any exercise to go with it so my question is how many of you out there are doing exercise and what sort of Losses have you been getting?

Yeah I have lost 12 pound in my first 4 weeks and I did increase the walking, i have dogs so was walking anyway so increased that by about 10 minutes each walk. It seems to be helping! Deffo think excersise gives us a boost

I wish I could exercise, but I have a pain in my hip, not sure what's causing it, I've got a doctor's appointment on Tuesday.

I started going to the gym 5 times a week about a month ago and I had 1/2 lb losses so last week to try and loose more I cut carbs and did red days all week. I put on a 1/2 lb Thursday and don't know why. I had tears in my eyes cause id worked so hard and said no to choc all week. Ate my syns though!

It did not help that people lost and listed all the choc and cakes they'd eaten :(

My consultant said I need to eat more carbs when I go to the gym so going back to ee now.

X

3.8 mile hike up the mountain today burned 647 calories :) well chuffed with that... Legs are killing me but it's worth it... Boot camp again tomorrow... Really looking forward to that :)

I exercise a fair bit too, between running and doing 30 day shred DVD, and my losses are quite changeable, it just depends on lots of things, but generally I exercise 4-5 times per week.

Sarah xxxx

I found I consistently lost 2lb a week doing 30DS, as well as some serious inches; for the last 3 weeks I've been alternating Couch to 5k with Ripped in 30, doing each 3 times a week. Curiously my weight loss has really slowed and I haven't lost inches either - whether that's the change in exercise or other factors, I don't know.

I feel much healthier and happier when I exercise, not to mention sleeping better so it's definitely beneficial for me!

I started going to the gym 5 times a week about a month ago and I had 1/2 lb losses so last week to try and loose more I cut carbs and did red days all week. I put on a 1/2 lb Thursday and don't know why. I had tears in my eyes cause id worked so hard and said no to choc all week. Ate my syns though!

It did not help that people lost and listed all the choc and cakes they'd eaten :(

My consultant said I need to eat more carbs when I go to the gym so going back to ee now.

X

When you first start exercising your body hold on to water and you won't see the losses. I also started going to gym 5-6x a week and the first week I lost 1.5lb and the second I STS. However after those first two weeks I then lost 3lb and 3.5lb in the next two weeks.

And last week I lost 5lb! So don't get disheartened, the losses will show :)

davytah said:
Hey all,
ive been doing slimming world for just over a month now and i have just lost my 1st stone:happy036:
i cant help but feel that the last few pounds lost were due to some extra exercise.
my 1st week i lost 6 lb
2nd week i lost 2lb
3rd week i lost 2 lb
4th week i stayed the same
5th week i lost 4lb.

on my 5th week i started really getting into my exercise more and got a great app on my iphone called "map my run"
basically it uses the gps setting on your phone and watches you while your on your run / walk and tells you your pace and how many calories youve burned. i also downloaded the biggest loser bootcamp dvd... ive done the warm up and level 1 and i found this so easy to do and its not too intense.

so my point being... i know a lot of people doing SW at the minute but not doing any exercise to go with it so my question is how many of you out there are doing exercise and what sort of Losses have you been getting?

For me, doing SW is a lifestyle change, so I've been exercising since day 1. I've lost 33lbs so far in 10 weeks - 2 stone 5lbs (but I do have a LOT to lose)!

I swim/do aqua aerobic type classes 2x a week (45 mins each) and I also do another 45-60 mins either power walking, using the exercise bike/cross trainer, kettle bell, etc. instead of sitting on the sofa at night I've bought an exercise ball and sit on that instead so I keep moving all the time.

Once I've lost a bit more and feel more comfortable with myself, I plan on getting a gym membership and/or adding another class like spinning or kick boxing.

I have been a SW member this time around since Sept 2011 and the weight losses have been very slow. (24lbs to date.) I also joined the gym and was going on and off so didn't really see a difference. I have been going religiously now for the past 3 weeks and follow EE correctly, and had a sts, 1.5lb gain and a 1.5lb loss. I am very disheartened at the moment but am keeping with it cos I am beginning to feel fitter and good within myself! I go 3 times a week for an hour a time. I hope really hoping to see a difference on the scales this week but I have also measured myself so will check any inch loss once a month.

I agree the EE or green days, my consultant said you need the carbs when exercising.

Doesn't seem fair when other members sit their and do no exercise and have fab consistent weight losses every week but I am loving what I am doing so don't want to give either up!

I have to admit that trying to find the time to work out can't be hard... My job is demanding on hours and contains a lot of sitting about (bookmakers 48 hrs a week) :-( I found a saying on the biggest loser Facebook page and it's "if you have time to read this... You have time to work out... No excuses" so I'm sort of sticking to that. So I finished a 12hr shift on Friday night and I was in my kitchen at 10.20pm doing the bootcamp DVD. I feel a whole lot better for exercising, and I'm starting to feel slot better about myself knowing that I am.

Yes I exercise everyday and do between 15,000-20,000 steps a day, it has helped with shreading some weight, though I am a self sabbatage but when I am in the right headspace I can achieve combining diet and exercise :)

My c told me to increase my superfree when exercising,as I might of not been eating enough.

Ah, that's interesting...I have been hungrier since I started running. I'll up the superfree and see if it helps. Thank goodness for this site, there are so many tips and ideas I would have missed otherwise, not having access to a class or consultant.

This is my 3rd week and ive just recieved my half a stone award

i go the gym between 3 / 4 times a week and do at least 1 hr there which i come away with 400 - 500 kcals burnt each session
my clothes are now loose on me, and ive even started to run and i can run 20 mins without stopping which is a huge acheievment for me
im unsure on if it help with pound loss, but i do feel alot fitter for it and have a spring in my step

My weight loss had slowed right down to 1/2lb to 1lb per week with some weeks STS.

During the last week I've done 15 mins/day on the Wii doing either My Fitness Coach or Zumba Fitness 2 and this week I've lost 3lb and got my one & 1/2 stone award!!

I'd say exercise definitely works! ;)

Well i have decided that to shift extra pounds a week , i need to shift me behind more . I am not going hell for leather as i am still quite heavy and don't want to do myself a mischief . So going to go up and down a step 50 times 3x a day . Then on Sunday i walk around a 60 acre lake . This is just the beginning :0)

Hey yoyo, that's good that your doing something... A lot of people I know don't do anything. I think the important thing is that you start your exercise off slow and build it up. I started by walking round the park 3 times which added up to 1 mile. Now I'm up every other morning and doing a 3 mile walk with plenty of hills before work, I also go to the gym (which I started last Friday) and on a Sunday morning I do a really long walk with the dog... The last one was 7miles in 2 hours. I was surprised by how many calories walking actually burned, the 7mile walk burned 657 kcals!!! :) if you have an iPhone or an android phone there is an app call map my run, you fill you stats in and then let it track you while you walk and it tells you how long you've walked and how many kcals you've burnt and I find that spurs me on because the next time I always try to beat it. Best of luck.

Back