Slimming World and me...

Hi,

Just catching up on your diary :) Congrats on your loss. I'm sure you'll smash your 11lb goal! Is good to have mini goals/-lbs to work towards I think. Helps you focus, well it does me anyway!

xx

I always struggle to get my full HexA in - have 2 or 3 cups of tea with a bit of skimmed milk & that's usually it. Not really a creal fan (although the alpen light bars are yummy :) ) & don't trust myself with cheese at the minute!

I always struggle to get my full HexA in - have 2 or 3 cups of tea with a bit of skimmed milk & that's usually it. Not really a creal fan (although the alpen light bars are yummy :) ) & don't trust myself with cheese at the minute!

I'm usually ok with my HeB, but I struggle a bit with HeA. I don't drink milk, and I'm not too bothered with cheeses. I tend to just have a couple of mini Philly tubs or babybel light.

I can trust myself with cheese, but not chocolate ! :)

Today

Breakfast - Fruit & fibre (HeB), soya milk (150ml) (HeA), Activia 0% yogurt

Lunch - Quorn burger (0.5 syns), wholemeal roll (HeB), salad cream (0.5 syns), red gem lettuce, cucumber, Babybel light (HeA), Activia 0% yogurt

Snacks - Pot shot, 2 mini brownies (6 syns each!!! Going by a search on Google, oh my god!!! They are so tiny!!! I won't be eating those again)

Dinner - Noodles, broccoli, soy sauce, fry light (This is so simple, but I just love it, and it's really quick and easy for when I have to work late)

Syns - 13

Water - 2 litres plus

Exercise - Housework and work today

Last edited:
Today

Breakfast - Activa 0% yogurt, fruit & fibre (HeB), 1/2 a banana

Lunch - 4 rice cakes (HeB), Philadelphia tub (HeA), red gem lettuce, tomato, cucumber

Snacks - Apple, 2 hot chocolates with a splash of soya milk (HeA) (2 syns each), 1/2 a banana, pot shot, breakaway (5 syns)

Dinner - 3 Quorn sausages (3 syns), brown rice with peas & sweet corn, baby gem lettuce, tomato, cucumber, tomato sauce (1 syn)

Syns - 13

Water - 2 litres plus

Exercise - Group training (1 hour), treadmill (10 minutes)

Last edited:
Oh yes, I most definitely can't be trusted with chocolate!!! But as it's synned I think I'm less likely to cheat as I feel less guilty 'guesstimating' my HexA amounts even though it's stupid.

Wow those brownies are high! But you're still within your syns, & you're food's looking very good (& yummy!) as usual.

X

Oh yes, I most definitely can't be trusted with chocolate!!! But as it's synned I think I'm less likely to cheat as I feel less guilty 'guesstimating' my HexA amounts even though it's stupid.

Wow those brownies are high! But you're still within your syns, & you're food's looking very good (& yummy!) as usual.

X

Thank you ! :) I really appreciate the positive feed back. I'm not very adventurous with food (I've never been interested in cooking), so I try to keep things simple, which works for me :)

The brownies were a real shock to me, and an eye opener. It wasn't long ago that I used to go through a whole box of them ! When things are small I often think they haven't got many calories in them, lol

How are you getting on ? x x

Yeah, we quite often have packs of biscuits, mini brownies, flapjacks, millionairres shortbreads (my fave!) etc in the office. I always think '1 won't hurt' then before I know it I've muched through half a pack. I'm finding t difficult today actually, esp as a load of cream cakes, muffins, big chewy cookies, & other yummy stuff have just appeared right by my desk! Trying so hard to resist......

I love cooking & baking - & anything food or drink related really! Prob why I've always struggled with my weight, lol

Yeah, we quite often have packs of biscuits, mini brownies, flapjacks, millionairres shortbreads (my fave!) etc in the office. I always think '1 won't hurt' then before I know it I've muched through half a pack. I'm finding t difficult today actually, esp as a load of cream cakes, muffins, big chewy cookies, & other yummy stuff have just appeared right by my desk! Trying so hard to resist......

I love cooking & baking - & anything food or drink related really! Prob why I've always struggled with my weight, lol

Oh I know exactly how you feel ! I work in a cake shop/bakery ! I'm surrounded by yummy things everyday, it's so hard to resist. Thank god I'm leaving soon, it's the worst place to work for someone like me.

I'm trying to save up my syns today so I can have a chocolate bar later, I've had cravings for chocolate all week ! x x

Are Quorn sausages free ? I've been counting them as free, but when you do a Google search everyone says something different ??

SW online syn checker thing says they are 1 syn for all varieties :)

Cauldron Lincolnshire veggie sausages are 0.5 syn and Ljnda McCartney red onion and Rosemary ones are free xx

Thanks Sam :) I must try and get hold of the Linda McCartney ones ! Annoyed I've got to syn my sausages for dinner tonight, I hadn't planned that. At least I know for next time though :)

Sainsburys do a low fat quorn sausage that's free & quite nice .. And Linda McCartney does an Italian sausage that's half a syn and their really tasty :) x

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend :)

I've had the weekend off (movie and treats with my boyfriend as usual :eek:). Eventually I hope to be able to stick to plan over the weekend, aswell as during the week, but I'm not going to punish myself for it at the moment as I feel I am making positive steps forward (even though they are baby steps). I have had a bit more control over my binging, I've been sticking to plan during the week, keeping within my syns AND I've added alot more exercise into my days which is beginning to make me feel a bit better. I'm trying to look at my achievements as I tend to just see the negative, I think noticing your small achievements can really help.

I went to another class yesterday (Saturday) morning (Body Attack). It was really tough, but I felt really good afterwards :)
I will be back on plan tomorrow, beginning the day with a Body Pump class :character00116:

Thanks for everyones support so far..:gen126:.

I also really struggle to keep to plan at weekends. I have the mindset that in order to relax & enjoy myself I need to have nice (i.e. unhealthy) food & drink. Maybe one day I'll get out of that but can't see it happening any time soon unfortunately, lol.

It's good that you're also making lots of positive changes with the exercise and everything, & acknowledging the progress you're making. I also find it waaay too easy to dwell on the negatives, which just makes everything so much harder.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

X

Today

Breakfast - Activa 0% yogurt, fruit & fibre (HeB), 1/2 a banana

Lunch - Apple, 2 mini Babybel light (HeA), brown rice, peas, sweet corn

Snacks -

Dinner -

Syns -

Water -

Exercise - Yoga (53 mins aprox) I was going to go to Body Pump, but I haven't been feeling well :(

Last edited:
Back