I'm 21 and dec 1st I weighed 17 stone 1 wearing a size 20
I decided to j

I'm 21 and on the 1/12 I weighed 17 st1
I decided to join slimming world on my first weigh in I was 16st l8
So I had lost 7lbs before joining
On my 2nd weigh in I had gained 1.5 lbs I was gutted
I've got my 3rd weigh in today so fingers crossed
I'm worried my pcos is going to bugger this all up
I'm getting married in June and would love to be a size 12 that means losing 7 stone and 5 dress sizes :/. I'm just a bit nervous that I won't reach my goal
On the plus side my acne has cleared up loads
Still no sign of the periods but that's not all bad because I'm not rushing for a child x

Hope you get a good result to cheer you up today. Don't panic too soon - it's very unlikely that following the plan you will not lose weight, even if it is a bit slower than for some people. If things don't go well feel free to post on here and I'm sure people will have helpful suggestions as to where it might've gone wrong. What did you do between 1st Dec and joining SW that made you lose 7lb? Well done whatever it was. Also remember that if you have a big loss your body can rebel a bit and it takes a while to adjust to new lifestyles.

I've heard some people with PCOS say that doing Red days helps as they cut down on carbs as well, but for me I don't think that would work because the PCOS means I crave carbs/sugar and I would not stick to it.

Drs have told me that losing 10% of your body weight is thought to help a lot with PCOS symptoms. So when you get to Club 10 you should def be seeing improvement, and it's great that you're noticing skin changes already. Just shows it's a healthier diet even if you don't see weight loss immediately.

Thank you :) I will post on here later how I've got on x
I crave carbs on a hour basis lol but the red day is worth a shot maybe in the new year x

Helloo :)

I've got PCO & PCOS and endometriosis too (my body hates me haha). SW is the only 'diet' that has ever ever worked for me. Extra easy is okay but red/green is amazing for losses with PCOS I've found. I've come off of my medication, my acne is improving, body hair is reducing, my mood is better, the pain is pretty much non existent & my DR said I'm the healthiest he's seen me in the long long time :D mr DR said that he has also seen some really good losses in PCOS patient on the NHS slimming world refferal scheme & apparently even just getting your club 10 reward significantly lowers your diabetes risk which as you know is higher for us PCOS girls.

I know PCOS is supposed to be linked to insulin etc. but that hasn't stopped green days working for me & I pig out on the lovely carbs every single day and so far haven't exercised at all :)

Hiya,

I have pcos, endometriosis, metabolic syndrome and now an overactive thyroid and after trying ww loads of times, rc and dukan and doing sw a few times this is my fourth time doing sw and this is my most successful time dieting ever, I don't loose big amounts but if it goes down or stays the same I'm happy. I do extra easy, I've gained a couple of pounds but I'm putting it down to my overactive thyroid and not the sw plan..I get so hungry and I haven always eaten the right thing but I'm back in track now.

I've found that a lot of ladies with pcos do well on sw, you can do it, even if you get a loss of 1/2 lb be pleased with yourself because its going in the right place :) my gp said to me to be happy if I lost 1lb a month. Good luck x

I have PCOS and have been successful with SW before. I didn't lose big amounts each week but 1-2lbs is the norm anyway. It is possible, have faith! :) x

Back