Slimming World Bride to be 30th September 2017

well done. I think slow and steady is best, more chance of keeping it off :)
you're getting married the day after my birthday

Thank you! I was surprised and relieved! I'm starting to really enjoy the group too which is good. Nice, friendly people and we all have a good laugh! When is your baby due again? x

Thank you! I was surprised and relieved! I'm starting to really enjoy the group too which is good. Nice, friendly people and we all have a good laugh! When is your baby due again? x

that's good to hear. having baby by c-section around oct 12th. I think you have 136 until you get married :) x x

Just read your diary I know that its frustrating when the scales don't show all the effort you've been putting in. I came back on here after a few years about march time this year and have lost about 4 pounds all together. Although during that time I went on holiday and it was my birthday. My birthday week I went off the rails so at one point I had put on all the weight
I had lost. Luckily I continued and the weight came off quickly so im glad that I have got some results. You just have to keep going. I know I haven't got much to lose but it is happening very slowly.

Just read your diary I know that its frustrating when the scales don't show all the effort you've been putting in. I came back on here after a few years about march time this year and have lost about 4 pounds all together. Although during that time I went on holiday and it was my birthday. My birthday week I went off the rails so at one point I had put on all the weight
I had lost. Luckily I continued and the weight came off quickly so im glad that I have got some results. You just have to keep going. I know I haven't got much to lose but it is happening very slowly.

I don't know why but I just thought it would be a quick fix but I have come to terms with the fact that it is a long process and it is not an easy process either. I am so focused on the end result though and I am so determined to get o my goal weight.

My other half is doing so well, he has lost 2 stone 2 pounds now and you can really see such a difference in him. Everywhere we go, people are constantly congratulating him and saying how amazing he looks because he really does! We have both been dieting for the exact same time, we have both been as good as each other...in fact, I would say I have been slightly better!! and I can't see the results as much on me yet. Im hoping another half stone or so, people will start to see a difference.

I go away on Saturday so I am going to be extra good between now and then because there is no way I will be able to stick to plan whilst I am away (hen do in Tenerife!).

You will get there! Have a nice time in Tenerife :)

Weigh in tonight......what do other people do on the day of weigh in? I don't weigh in until 7:30 so we take our dinner with us and then eat during image therapy but throughout the day I eat really lightly and from around 2pm I try not to even drink!! Its ridiculous I know but because my weight loss is so slow, as in half a pound to a pound a week, I can't bare the thought of anything affecting it! Nervous for tonight!

2 pound off last night and I am pleased with that. I am a pound off my stone and a half award.

I have 3 full days of slimming world food before I go on holiday for 6 days and then 5 full days before weigh in after holiday so I will just be really extra good on all of those days to make up for the 6 days of holiday where it will be pretty impossible to 100% food optimise.

I am starting to see a little bit of difference now in my body. My clothes are starting to fit me really nicely now (I was still wearing clothes that were waayyyy to small for me before I started SW!) so I am feeling good. Just need to get my holidays out of the way so I can concentrate on my goal for the wedding

I went for a run last night!! Yes, I actually went! It was sooooo hot and I sweated buckets! I am aiming to go tonight too...desperately want to lose 2 pounds between weigh in on Tuesday just gone and Saturday so I have 2 pounds to play about with on holiday! Weighed myself this morning though and it doesn't look as though that is going to happen as seem to have stayed the same but still have a couple of days!

I'm baaackkkkk!

Had an amazing holiday. 5 days in Tenerife for my friends hen do, it was absolutely fabulous! I was on plan 100% right up until I got to the airport and then went right back on plan as soon as my plane landed back in the UK 5 days later. I have of course weighed myself at home and it looks as though I put 3 pounds on since my last official weigh in at SW and I weighed myself again this morning and I am now 4 pounds down so I am totally on track for a 1 pound loss at WI tomorrow which is exactly what I had hoped for. Fingers crossed!

My problem is, that I now go away again next Tuesday to Ibiza for my hen do! So I have one more weigh in which is tomorrow night and then the following tuesday I fly out and will miss that night's weigh in. I am planning on doing the same things as my last holiday as in, the days leading up to the holiday (I will have a full week as leave on weigh in day) be 100% on plan and then as soon as I get home get straight back on it....I will have 3 days after the holiday before weigh in. I only get one Hen Do so will let my hair down whilst I am there. Once I am home, I have nothing until my wedding which is 30th September so plenty of time to get to target.

Very happy with 1.5 pounds off last night. I got my stone and a half award which I'm really pleased with. I now have 6 full days of SW before I go on my hen do (5 days in Ibiza). So I am going to 100% food optimise between now and then, let my hair down whilst i'm there and then get straight back on it again when i am home. I am hoping that will bring me another loss at my next weigh in. Fingers crossed!

Good for you! Wow your lucky your going abroad for your hen dos ;-) you will be fine enjoy it.

Hi Jodstar

So glad I found your diary! We have the same wedding date (30 Sept) and I too have taken up running. On week 4 of the coach to 5k and it is HARD- I will keep going though.

It sounds like you are having a similar weight loss "journey" (though you are lighter!). I have lost 20lb and want to lose another 26 ideally. losing just a pound a week can feel demorolising sometimes but I guess we can see it does add up! Good luck on the hen do- if you gain a pound or two don't worry, it should drop off afterwards xx

Hi Jodstar

So glad I found your diary! We have the same wedding date (30 Sept) and I too have taken up running. On week 4 of the coach to 5k and it is HARD- I will keep going though.

It sounds like you are having a similar weight loss "journey" (though you are lighter!). I have lost 20lb and want to lose another 26 ideally. losing just a pound a week can feel demorolising sometimes but I guess we can see it does add up! Good luck on the hen do- if you gain a pound or two don't worry, it should drop off afterwards xx

Hi KitKat,

Thank you for your post. How are you getting on with the running? Its way too hot at the moment...I can hardly move, let alone run!

I am back from my hen do now and ready to get back on the slimming world fully!

Are you going to Slimming World classes or are you doing it from home? x

Back from my Hen Do and was not good at all whilst away! I haven't weighed myself since being home (5am yesterday morning) because the batteries in my scales have run out! My official weigh in is tomorrow night. I feel fat, bloated and disgusting so I am looking forward to getting fully back on it....Was relatively good yesterday and back on it well and truely today! I have no big events planned that I cant food optimise at between now and my wedding so fully focused. I got one of those SW summer diary last week so am going to fill that in every day and make a note of my measurements also which I really wish I had done before starting this but will do it now anyway!

Ohh noooo I can't go to weigh in tonight. Bit gutted cos I know it would keep me on track but will continue to food optimise and when I go back next week, I will most definitely have a loss.

I took my measurements today. I wish that i had taken them before starting back in February because I have definitely shrunk but will be interesting to see what i measure again in a couple of months time.

So I finally managed to weigh myself last night (managed to temporarily fix my temperamental scales!) and I am back to the weight I was before I went to Ibiza which I am sooooo pleased about! I need to keep going now and keep focused. I am now actually quite looking forward to weigh in on Tuesday. I have nothing now really standing in my way between now and my wedding except for the occasional meal out. I start a new job on the 3rd July which sees me on the road a lot with some overnight stays so I will need to be very prepared so I don't go off the rails. I CAN DO THIS!!

Yes you do this ;-) good luck with the new job. I am looking for a job.

2 pounds off last night. A total of 1 stone 9.5 pounds. Really happy with that. Starting to feel quite slinky! I set my target last night as well. I am bang on 11 stone on the slimming world scales and I have set my target to 10 stone 5 pounds so another 9 pounds to go. I will re-evaluate once I get there and decide if I need to go any lower but I am thinking at the moment that if I were to go any lower it just wouldn't be maintainable for me but we'll see!

I had to go for a works meal straight after weigh in and was a bit naughty with my starter so my plan this week is to stick to plan 100% (other than a few drinks on Friday night at a friends birthday party) and would love another 2 pounds off next week.

Back