Slimming world chips

Carthago delenda est

Silver Member
So I'm making Slimming world chips. The last time I tried this it went completely wrong.

My mum and I have followed the instruction to the t, so here's hoping. They are in the oven...:eek:

i let them boil longer than stated (about 20mins) as i like them really soft in middle... then i put them on a tray and spray with fry light i leave for about 40mins tbh

Oh right! I'm a crispy chip fiend, so I hope these are OK for me. I'm going to take them out soon. They are sort of going brown in a patchy sort of way...they don't exactly look like the pictures :S

Oh well, if they taste good, then I'm fine!

I don't bother boiling them. I always just bung em in straight away! My OH does it the boiling way and to be honest I can't tell the difference between them. But they are yummmmmmyyyy!!!!

i had these yeasterday and i boiled for 4 mins banged them on a tray sprayed and left in for 20 mins they were yummy :D gd luck

I whack mine the microwave for a few minutes first. They are so much nicer (fluffy and soft inside) than straight roasting or parboiling then roasting.

I chop mine up, bung in microwave for ten mins in boiling water, then cook in oven for 20mins. They do go a patchy brown but are lush :) I had them for tea tonight. I like mine sprinkled with garlic salt, chilli powder and rosemary.

x

This is probably a stupid question but do you microwave them after they have been sliced or before?

I do chop them first, then I put them in a large jug and cover with cling film (with a little hole in). That way they steam in their own juice.

Back