slimming world crisps

butterf

I made some yesterday and they were nice. Did some in oven and some in microwave. I kept some to snack on later in a sealed container but they went soft!:cry: Anyone any idea how to keep them crispy? Many thanx

Our SWC confirmed this week that they are no longer classed as free food, he said he almost didn't tell us as he had eaten huge amounts whilst losing his weight and didn't have a problem. Apparently there is something on the SW website to confirm and the reasons why.

Xxx

You are supposed to class the crisps as syns because they are an indulgence free food. Meaning that by turning the free food into crisps you are more likely to eat more of them than you would do normally. I wouldn't worry too much about it...not unless you notice that it does start to affect any losses anyway :) xx

Ok, i see the point here.. but thats like saying i 'enjoy' mullerlight sprinkled with choc, so there for i eat more of them.. but there free/

Makes no sence!

I'm with you Fern, it contradicts the SW way of eating with the saying "its free food eat all you want". What they are really saying is "its free food eat all you want as long as its not too much" lol.

As I understand it, they mean that you could make some crisps out of 4 large potatoes and end up snacking on the whole lot over the course of an evening (especially with a bottle of wine :D). Whereas, you would be unlikely to eat 4 actual potatoes as it would be too filling? I know what I'd rather eat anyway..... ;)

I suspect people have been snacking on these sorts of foods and gaining weight so SW are trying to cover themselves. If you are eating them and still losing, carry on!

Its like the fruit smoothie thing.

i slice 1 potato and cook and have with my sandwhich i cant see how that is wrong as all i am doing is replacing the home cooked spud crisp with a packet of walkers and saving myself 9.5 syns, as you all say all in moderation, i am trying to stop eating crisps all together as they are my down fall :cry:

when i asked my consultant about doing this she said it was a good idea

I made some crisps last night and I used 2 medium sized spuds and shared them with my hubby ..... if I were having a jackie P for a snack, 1 medium sized one would be acceptable (in fact, I've even seen in previous SW mags, 1 jkt p listed as a snack) so why is it not acceptable in crisp form??

I agree it could be easy to use more pots and munch your way through the lot, but surely as long as you're 'keeping it real' it should be ok!?!?

J x

I have never heard of these can someone just tell me how they are made??

i just slice a potato using a v slicer or cut very thinly spray with oil then put in the micro for 5 mins check to see if they are going brown and crispy if not keep cooking until they do and i also sprinkle them with salt

We were told by our consultant that the lasagne crisps and using polenta in baking or cous cous other than as part of a meal was not ok...but that making our crisps out of potato was ok.

I made some crisps last night and I used 2 medium sized spuds and shared them with my hubby ..... if I were having a jackie P for a snack, 1 medium sized one would be acceptable (in fact, I've even seen in previous SW mags, 1 jkt p listed as a snack) so why is it not acceptable in crisp form??

I agree it could be easy to use more pots and munch your way through the lot, but surely as long as you're 'keeping it real' it should be ok!?!?

J x

I totally agree, I dont make these very often,only as an occasional treat, but I use one potato and you get plenty from that when you are slicing them with a V Slicer. I use more than one potato when I am doing SW Chips so if I am using less potatoes to do SW Crisps then why should I have to syn them.So I shall continue to use them as a free food. So long as you are using them in moderation why syn them if they are a free food!

Same with the smoothie thing. My SWC said it isnt because if you juice it, it brakes down the sugars etc (she said this comes from SW so that it fair enough), it is because you can eat more if you juice it. Fair enough, it would proberly take more than 6-7 orange to make a good glass of juice, but I used to juice alot of veg then add and apple or 2 and maybe a handful or gapes or something for sweetness and flavour. This is not going overboard at all because we are only talking 3 pieces of fruit and there is nothing to say you cant juice veg, So why do you have to syn it? same with cooking fruit. I like liver and prunes, I no it sound gross but it is delish, lol, I would only use a small tin of prunes.Why do you have to syn tinned fruit and If you cook it if your only using normal portions???

Sorry to go on there :D

Back