Slimming World diary here's to good health

I have stuck to plan today which I'm really pleased about - your doing the forever detox that looks so hard - your sailing through it though ? I used to do juice plus lost 2.5 stone but it went back on once I finished it. So I decided to do SW and pace myself eating things that are healthy and tasty, it's fun in the kitchen that's for sure just had two clementines as snack x x

Yes - forever detox. I much prefer calorie counting and researched this one carefully as juicing / 100% shakes isn't for me. After the first 48 hours is done you eat 1000 calories a day - 2 shakes and a healthy 600 calorie dinner. It's also only for 9 days. The reason I'm doing it is because I've been the same weight for 2 months. Now I know I've had a 2 week epic asia holiday and a week biz trip to NYC but you'd still expect some loss in 2 months. I know why I haven't - because in the remaining 5 weeks I've had massive nights out and totally binged on the weekend. This detox is short enough so I don't lose the plot but covers a weekend so should hopefully get me out of this nightmare weekend binging cycle which has got beyond a joke. Nothing wrong with some treats but not 4000 calories on no exercise - at my size that's a ridiculous amount!!!

Looking fed to going back to normal next weds - missing my scrambled egg white breakfast!!

I think SW is a great plan. The only thing that makes me laugh is people who play around with free foods in an unnatural way to make cakes and stuff like that!

I think detoxs are great for breaking cycles like that it's infuriating - I get you the tweaks and stuff I looked at some of those and in honesty it's ok to syn a normal cake if needs must lol

There's cakes in my fridge now Infact a whole chocolate draw for hubby but the thing I have to watch is crisps!!

They are my kryptonyte :-/

But hand on heart other then a blip day the other week I haven't eaten crisps for a few days in fact maybe since the blip day (just realised this and am having a proud moment lol).

Your breaks away sound like they were amazing and I'm sure you will kick this plateau to the curb now - our bodies are strange vessels at times - I have a hospital appointment in the morning that could shed some light on my weight gain and hopefully help me a bit further on my plight (endocrine issues).

I will admit that I make mini quark cheesecake every now and then eek

I will admit that I make mini quark cheesecake every now and then eek

Lol!! I don't think that's bad though as the quark isn't pretending to be something it's not!!

It's still the cheese in the cheesecake :)

Weekends are my nemesis - I eat everything!!

We used to be like that but hubby's busy time at work is sept to nov and days merge into each other the weeks dynamics change and everyday becomes a week day. It kinda breaks the habit for us luckily.

Right just a quick dash through as I am off to the hospital now :) chat later x

So today I had my hospital appt, blood tests and other tests done - pain and manGement meds given.

What they can offer the pill and then I won't be able to try for children or try for children and guinea pig cocktails until something suits!! Hmmm...

Bright side they love that I'm on slimming world we all had a good chat about it lol taster nights, clementines as snacks and exercise etc.

Today's menu I'm trying a new recipe from here

Thursday

Hi fi bars HEB

Mugshot free

Jacket potato free
Leftover chilli free

Christmas soup free ( this batch could make 10-15 portions)
Stuffing 5 syns
Sausage 0.5 syns

Milk HEA

5.5 syns out of 15

Forget to add clementines and apple plus veggies for my super free - changing hea to cheese now too lol

image-2391354321.jpg

Decided there was enough potato with tonight's Christmas soup, so no jacket with lunch just cheese allowence x

image-2530539902.jpg

So we made Christmas soup today and it was lovely <3

Very filling, I decided to half my stuffing and save some for a portion tomorrow meaning less syns used yayy.

Totally recommend this from the recipes section x

Friday and what a Gray day it is! Because I made so much Xmas soup Iv decided I will have that mainly today - it's rather like a healthy turkey hotpot. It's perfect for this weather and season and everyone likes it.

I received my spices yesterday so we will be able to make our own healthy doner kebabs sans fat and made in the slow cooker :) lots of salad and a fat free yoghurt dressing <3

That may be tomorrow's experiment. I truly believe healthy does not need to be blanks and herbs and spices are healing in their own right do include them as much as possible.

Menu

Friday

1 Sausage 0.5 syn
2 Bacon free
1 Egg free
Onions free
Mushrooms free

Clementines free
Apples free
HEB Hifi bars
HEA Milk

Christmas soup free
Stuffing ball 1.5 syn

Christmas soup free
2 Stuffing balls 2.5 syn
1 sliced Pig in blanket 0.5
Cubed potato free

5 syns out of 15

Not really the weather for walking so time to dust of the DVDs and start getting this body moving again.

I still have spikey pains from yesterday at the hospital but hopefully they will subside and not interfere <3 a Happy Friday all x x

Added 30g rye bread and marmalade for 3 syns as extra fibre in my opinion is a fab way to use up some syns today :)

Hey daisy I think your right your hubby will like it, as mine did too lol.

The weather is a bit pants which kinda throws out my original plans, but I'm trying to think of something else instead.

I think slimming world is mostly liked by nhs, as it's quite a balanced eating plan.

Are you up to much this weekend??

I was thinking of a day out to the castle in Colchester but we will see x x

image-2377623364.jpg

Christmas soup in the lunch crock - yummy today too <3

that looks unreal! can you post the link which has the recipe for that ? drooling

Lol embarrassed to say I don't know how on my phone but here it is as I copied it into my notes a tweak it to your preference x

Xmas dinner soup

Turkey roasting joint (got one from the Asda whoops section for £2.24 ) or 2 turkey breasts
2 & 1/2 pints of chicken stock (I used Oxo cubes)
4 potatoes, peeled
3 medium onions
3 cloves of garlic
3 carrots
3 parsnips
several sprouts
Dried sage
Cooked roast potatos

Small box of stuffing mix (optional) made as directed and shaped into 24 little little balls, oven cooked for about 20 mins.

Put the turkey joint in the oven and cook as directed.

Lightly fry the rough chopped onions and cloves of garlic in a large soup pan. Add the stock, dried sage and peeled roughly chopped potatoes. Leave to simmer for 25 mins until the potatoes are soft then blitz with the hand blender to make a smooth soup base. Season with salt and pepper.

Peel and chop the carrots and parsnips into no bigger than 1cm pieces, half the sprouts and quarter the halfs. Chop the cooked turkey into small chunks. Add all to the soup base and simmer for 20 minutes until the veg is soft.

Add roast taters.

You're then done!! This should make about 8 decent portions, so if you make enough little stuffing balls for 3 balls per portion, the syns are hardly anything i'd say (1 per portion). However you could leave out the stuffing and have a syn free soup!

* asda smart price stuffing 5 syns for whole packet amazing

image-3398256582.jpg

Second portion served up and again it's truly amazing. This recipe is a keeper <3

Lol embarrassed to say I don't know how on my phone but here it is as I copied it into my notes a tweak it to your preference x Xmas dinner soup Turkey roasting joint (got one from the Asda whoops section for £2.24 ) or 2 turkey breasts 2 & 1/2 pints of chicken stock (I used Oxo cubes) 4 potatoes, peeled 3 medium onions 3 cloves of garlic 3 carrots 3 parsnips several sprouts Dried sage Cooked roast potatos Small box of stuffing mix (optional) made as directed and shaped into 24 little little balls, oven cooked for about 20 mins. Put the turkey joint in the oven and cook as directed. Lightly fry the rough chopped onions and cloves of garlic in a large soup pan. Add the stock, dried sage and peeled roughly chopped potatoes. Leave to simmer for 25 mins until the potatoes are soft then blitz with the hand blender to make a smooth soup base. Season with salt and pepper. Peel and chop the carrots and parsnips into no bigger than 1cm pieces, half the sprouts and quarter the halfs. Chop the cooked turkey into small chunks. Add all to the soup base and simmer for 20 minutes until the veg is soft. Add roast taters. You're then done!! This should make about 8 decent portions, so if you make enough little stuffing balls for 3 balls per portion, the syns are hardly anything i'd say (1 per portion). However you could leave out the stuffing and have a syn free soup! * asda smart price stuffing 5 syns for whole packet amazing

What a legend, thanks bee x

That's ok I reckon you could use other root veg to blend with chicken stock to make it thick Znd creamy and herbs I used were sage thyme rosemary garlic then you add your turkey and chunky veg etc x x

Back