Slimming World Diary of a Male

Chris good luck for your weigh in today! Will be interested to see how you get on. Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Thursday 04th April 2013 (The dreaded weigh in day!!)

Now, as most of you are aware this has been a bit of a roller coaster week for me because I had such a terrible weekend in terms of exercise and sticking to plan however I've done my utmost to recover and sign of a loss there was by working very hard in the gym during the last 4 days and by also trying to eat exactly to plan. I was really happy with the amount of exercise I had done for the whole week but I think the intensity and lack of break between the workouts had worn me down quite a bit because I really did feel exhausted. I think the exhausted feeling mixed with a sudden bug I had caught didn't help which meant I had to take the day off work due to really not feeling well. None the less I spent the day at home still sticking to plan and resisting any temptation of an easy food "fix". I found the hardest thing for me whilst I'm at home is drinking the amount of water I'd usually like to. When I'm at work I naturally drink a lot of water but when I'm home it seems to get pushed down the priority list. I guess my body doesn't feel the urge to survive when it's in the comfort of it's own home! haha.

So anyway... I got through the day by having a lot of hard earned rest but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really nervous about the weigh in I had at 7:30pm. When I arrived at the SW meeting I noticed it was very busy, however I had been united with a common cause with all the other members. It seemed that most people had strayed off course during the easter weekend so that gave me a little comfort. I was queuing up for the scales and I remember thinking to myself "Here it is... your first loss is about to come!" I handed my card over to the woman reading my weight and then stepped onto the scales. It seemed to take forever to settle on a number but when it did I was shocked with what I saw. I HAD DONE IT! I managed to lose 2 1/2 lbs even after all the times I'd strayed off course that weekend. I was so happy that I almost jumped up and down on the scales!

Now at this point I wanted to mention a little side mission I have set myself, when I first started SW 6 weeks ago my main mission was obviously to lose the weight and get to target but a side mission I had was to not make any gains on the whole journey. This is the time that I felt I could really make a first gain so I'm glad I didn't and I feel it has given me a good kick up the bum for this week to really go for it. I set myself a weekly loss target of 6lbs. I know this is high but I really believe if I don't go off track and work as hard in the gym as I have been that it is very achievable!

So anyway, here is my daily routine.

Breakfast: 60g Protein Shake w/ 200ml Skimmed Milk (5 syns)

10am Snack: Shape Fat Free Yoghurt.

Lunchtime: Chicken and Mushroom Mug Shot, Tomato and Herb Mug Shot & Shape Fat Free Yoghurt.

3pm Snack: Orange.

Evening Meal: SW Smash Pizza (Ham, Cheese, Chicken & Bacon topping.)

Total Water Drunk: 4 Litres.

Daily Exercise: I used today as a rest day!

Thanks for reading again everyone. I'm very happy with the results I got this week and it just goes to show that anything is recoverable if you work hard enough. I make you all a promise right now... this week will be a big week for me.

Blimey, well done on the loss!! That's fantastic considering just how much you did go off plan. Wow!

Your "missions" of no gains and 6lb weekly losses are quite ambitious! But I'm sure with your hard work and determination you'll manage to complete them.

Really well done, you must be thrilled :)

Well done Chris, thats some achievement after the week you had. Beast yourself in the gym & Im sure you will be able to reach your 6lb loss for this week

Woohoo congrats on your loss, thats great! :D Mega jealous of your 4 litres of water daily..I try to make an effort to drink more but I'm lucky if I can get 1 litre down!

Thank you to all of you for your words of encouragement. I have to say it really helps me by coming on here and speaking to you all! It's a big motivation factor.

Stevie: I'm also shocked seeing as I went off plan so much but it does give me a big insight into what's achievable if I do stick to plan. Here's to a hard working week!

Kim: I'm glad you have started using Tabata! It's a killer isn't it but so so so effective. Have you noticed any differences yet? I remember you saying your husband was a Marine, has he heard of it before?

Joanne: I can usually manage to drink so much water because I'm working and often use a computer so unless I drink the water I usually get headaches but I know how hard it is when you're home to drink. It's almost a chore to get it and drink it isn't it. I find that robinsons orange squash helps me a lot. I also find that if you drink it from a bigger glass such as a pint glass you can just drink it all as fast as possible and then not worry about it for another couple of hours. You are only 1 litre off of the daily recomended intake for a woman. I only drink so much because I sweat like a motherf*cker in the gym lol.

He knows it as HITT & used to do it all the time in his running years! He now cycles & uses the same principle as he's always training for something or other lol!
I haven't done it for a week or so, as in the hurtlocker at the moment, so taking it a bit easy on the 'fizz' front!

Hope you had a good weekend!

Back