Slimming World Diary

Week 10

Maintained this week. Which I'm totally okay with. I was a little disappointed if I'm honest as my at home scales had me at half a pound lighter but after the week I've had in terms of food a maintain is fair and square.

I let my temptations get the better of me this week and I ordered a takeaway pizza. I felt so sick that night and all day the next day though that I've realised it really wasn't worth it. I really enjoy pizza wraps and omelette pizza and they don't leave me feeling sick at all so in a way I'm glad I did it so now I know that I don't miss it.

This week I'm determined that I will get to my Club 10 so my target is to lose 2lbs. I think that I could probably do it if I was just 100% on plan with extra easy, but I am going to try SP and see how I get on with it. I think that having a slight change this week might be just what I need to kick myself back into gear.

Before starting slimming world I was gaining weight every time I stepped on the scales and I can remember telling my mum when I started that as much as I wanted to lose weight, if I could just stop putting it on then that would be great. But here I am 1 stone 2.5 lbs lighter after 10 weeks. I have to look at the bigger picture when I have weeks like this one for sure.

Starting weight: 12 stone 7.5 lbs
Current weight: 11 stone 5lbs
Total weight loss: 1 stone 2.5lbs

Week 11
I'm a bit late posting this week seeing as I weighed in on Thursday but I lost 2 lbs this week! So happy!

I really actually enjoyed doing SP. I love vegetables so I got on pretty well with it. I had a really crappy start of the week at work so I did go over on my syns a couple of times. I need to stop relating emotions with food but it's already a habit so whenever I get a bit sad all I want is chocolate. So all in all I think 2 lbs is a real result and I achieved my Club 10 award.

My 1 and a half stone award is 2.5 lbs away now and my consultant set that as my goal this week but I'm really not sure about whether that's possible.

I'm back on extra easy over the weekend but I'm going to do some SP days during the week so I can have my best chance at getting that 2.5 lbs but I won't be too upset if I don't manage it.

Current weight: 11 stone 3 lbs
Total weight loss: 1 stone 4.5 lbs

Catch up time!

Week 12/13
I missed a weigh in as I got my shifts confused but over the two weeks I lost 2.5 lbs bringing me to my 1 and a half stone award. I was so happy with this as I kept saying to myself over the 2 weeks: 2.5 lbs, 2.5lbs and I did it! I set myself the goal of losing 2 lbs but just 1lb would put me into new numbers.

Week 14
I did a bit of self-sabotage this week and maintained. I convinced myself that there was no way I could lose the 2 lbs I'd set myself so why should I even try? So I ate lots of chocolate. And when I say lots of chocolate I mean LOTS of chocolate. I also worked nights at the start of the week and they really are a danger zone for me. I start out with the best intentions and bring loads of SW friendly food but by about 3 am, an apple and a jelly don't seem so appealing, especially when there's chocolate cake that somebody else brought in. My consultant sent me home with a for and against list and already just by reading what it says on the front, it's really resonating with me, so it should be a useful tool.

I have ordered Chinese takeaway tonight because I feel like I just need to get it out of my system but then I'm going to be on it totally from tomorrow morning. I'm going to sit with my journal and write a meal plan and I'm going to reread my food optimising book so that I can go back to basics.

My goal for this week is to be in new numbers so that means 1lb. I know that I can do that so there will not be any more self-sabotage from me!

Current weight: 11 stone 0.5 lb
Total weight loss: 1 stone 7 lbs

Week 15

It took everything I had to come to group this week. I've binge-eaten my way through the week. I'll go all day without eating and then have a huge binge in the evening. On top of that I've been out to eat 3 times this week including the night before weigh in where I also had a few gin and tonics. All of that has added up to a 1.5 lb gain.

I've really struggled mentally this week. Hence the binge eating. It's made me feel really sluggish and yucky so I'm ready to make a fresh start from right now. No more saying I'll start again tomorrow. I'm starting again right now!

Even with this 1.5 gain I've still lost 1 stone 5.5 lbs, which is still a little bit unbelievable to me. My goal for next week is still new numbers so 2.5 lbs.

I know I can and I'm not going to talk myself down like I have before. I can and I will do this!

Current weight: 11 stone 2 lbs
Total weight loss: 1 stone 5.5 lbs

Week 16

Absolutely ecstatic to have lost 3 lbs this week! Lost what I gained last week and the same amount again :) AND I'm in new numbers!! It feels so good that my weight starts with a 10 again. This is the weight that I was when I started uni nearly 4 years ago so it feels amazing to be back here again.

I did have a slight blip yesterday when the hospital I work at came under cyber attack and to deal with all the stress one of my colleagues went and bought sweets to share around. But I was on it all the rest of the week so I guess I could count yesterday as a flexi syn day.

I've given myself a target of 2 lbs this week because I just want to lose as much as I can before I go on holiday at the end of the month but I originally just wanted to be in new numbers by the time I go on holiday and I've already done that :)

Current weight: 10 stone 13 lbs
Total weight loss: 1 stone 8.5lbs

Week 16

Absolutely ecstatic to have lost 3 lbs this week! Lost what I gained last week and the same amount again :) AND I'm in new numbers!! It feels so good that my weight starts with a 10 again. This is the weight that I was when I started uni nearly 4 years ago so it feels amazing to be back here again.

I did have a slight blip yesterday when the hospital I work at came under cyber attack and to deal with all the stress one of my colleagues went and bought sweets to share around. But I was on it all the rest of the week so I guess I could count yesterday as a flexi syn day.

I've given myself a target of 2 lbs this week because I just want to lose as much as I can before I go on holiday at the end of the month but I originally just wanted to be in new numbers by the time I go on holiday and I've already done that :)

Current weight: 10 stone 13 lbs
Total weight loss: 1 stone 8.5lbs
Well done and congratulations on moving into the Tens!:0clapper::woohoo:

You did well to get through yesterday on a few sweets.

Week 17-19

So this is more of a general update as I've not been great at writing up here. Mostly because I haven't really wanted to share the fact that I've gained weight again. But I'll try to write what I can remember about what's happened over the last 3 weeks as it does usually help me to consolidate my feelings.

In Week 17 I skipped out on weigh in. I'd be lying if I said it was because I couldn't make it. I did sleep in too late but I usually set an alarm go to group on a Saturday morning if that's my weigh day. I had totally stuffed my face during my night shifts that week and I don't really know why. It was a bit stressful as we were still dealing with the aftermath of the cyber attack, but we were so busy that I shouldn't have had time to eat but I managed it somehow! I have no clue how much weight I put on that week but I know I felt too nervous to go to weigh in and talk about it so I chickened out.

The following week I tried to get back on track but I still wasn't exactly perfect. I went over in my syns quite a few times if I remember correctly but my meals were all on plan. I weighed in at the Thursday evening group and I knew it was a taster session so I didn't have to worry about talking about my gain in IMAGE therapy. Anyway, I'd gained 1.5 lbs putting me back into the 11stone bracket :( However, that week was our Man of the Year celebration and I felt so inspired by what the guys were saying about their journeys, it still brings tears to my eyes thinking about it.

Last week, I was on holiday in Port Aventura. It was a really lovely holiday but it was really difficult to even try to stay on plan with the food choices, so I stopped trying after a couple of days. The day I got back I weighed myself and I had apparently gained 5 lbs but I think a lot of that must have been water as the next day I'd already lost 3 of those and my feet and ankles had swollen up a lot on the flight. According to my scales I am now down to what I weighed before going away. I've been back on it totally since coming back (except one dinner at Frankie and Benny's ;)) but I won't know for sure until Thursday evening and I'll be post night shift so we'll see...

Week 20

Lost half a pound which is full on amazing following my holiday :D totally proves the power of slimming world that I was able to get back on it and lose the holiday gain straight away. I didn't do anything special like SP days or low syn days just plain and simple Extra Easy. So I'm going to keep going with that because I know that it works and I don't feel restricted in the same way as when I do SP.

I would love to lose 2 lbs this week. Last night after weigh in I did have a little bit of a sweet binge but ready to be on it again now. I'm a little bit frustrated to be so close to being back in the tens again after slipping out so next week I want to be there a bit more comfortably.

Current weight: 11 stone
Total weight loss: 1 stone 7.5 lbs

Week 21

I finally feel like I have conquered the night shift! I did 3 last week and I stayed totally on track and lost 1.5 lbs! Night shifts have been a huge stumbling block for me throughout my journey and I don't think that they'll ever be easy but this week I feel like I found the best method yet for getting through them without going mad on syns.

I always pack a bag full of food but it was mostly fruit and at 2 am, you don't want an apple. So I brought in homemade mini crustless quiches and hasselback potatoes as well as a huge portion of pasta bake. All syn free but all felt like a nice treat during the shift.

It was actually after the night shifts that I had a little bit of a binge which may be the reason why I didn't quite manage the 2 lbs I'd aimed for but 1.5 lbs is nothing to be sniffed at. And I'm back in the 10s!!!

It's super hot this week and I feel like I'm retaining water like a camel (that should be a saying) I also can't actually make group this week so I'm going to try my best to stay with it even with the big gap between weigh ins.

Current weight: 10 stone 12.5 lbs
Total weight loss: 1 stone 9 lbs

Week 22

I'm actually amazed that I lost weight this week. Half a pound off is seriously amazing to me. It's been swealteringly hot this week and in the last few days I've suffered with water retention. My legs swelled up so much that my usually loose work trousers felt like tight leggings.

Yesterday night I got home from work feeling really hot and sticky and my legs were so heavy and painful so I decided to weigh myself to check I wasn't imagining it and I had gained 3lbs! I started to have a little cry to myself but decided instead to try everything I could to get rid of it. I drank so much liquid and had my legs elevated all evening and night. I had to get up 5 times in the night to pee and when I woke up I had dropped 2.5 of those lbs. I tried my best to continue flushing the retained water out throughout the day but it was more difficult at work so I didn't know how successful I'd been until I weighed in.

I didn't have the perfect week food wise so all in all very happy with the half a lb loss. I'm considering altering my target now as well. Now I'm only 4.5 lbs from target, I'm feeling like I'm more than 4.5 lbs from a weight that I'll be happy with. I'm not sure if I can manage a whole half a stone more though so I'm thinking about altering it to something like 10 stone 3lbs because the target range is all in the 10s and I have never since I was probably 16 been able to get my weight to be in the 9s. I can always alter again after all :)

Starting weight: 12 stone 7.5lbs
Current weight: 10 stone 12lbs
Total weight loss: 1 stone 9.5lbs

Week 23/24

I've thought about quitting slimming world more in the last week than I think I have during the rest of my journey put together. I'm not doing too great mentally in general and it's all I can do right now to have even one day on plan.

That being said I did lose half a pound this week. Undeserved but I did. Depression is something I've been dealing with for the past year and a half and I had been doing much better in the last few months but right now I find it difficult to get the motivation to do daily tasks like showering and going to work and many other "daily tasks" have completely fallen by the wayside. My flat is in an absolute state right now. So eating right hasn't been top of my list.

I need a few days off work to sort things out but I don't think I have more than one day off in a row for 2 weeks. Anyway, enough of that. Wallowing in my depression isn't going to help but that's how I'm feeling at the moment and that's what this thread was supposed to be about.

Current weight: 10 stone 11.5 lbs
Total weight loss: 1 stone 10 lbs

Last edited:
Week 25

I've been feeling much better this week and that has been reflected in my weight loss. 2 lbs off this week, which is full on amazing :D I saw my dad for the first time in months at the weekend which definitely put me in better spirits and I've had a day off today so I've got quite a few jobs around the flat done. This isn't to say I'm over my depression but a good weight loss is always a boost.

At the weekend I didn't even really try to stay on plan because I wanted to just enjoy the time with my dad. So I'm super surprised by my weight loss even though I did get straight back on it Monday morning. This means I'm actually 2 lbs away from target but I'm still playing around the idea of lowering it. I'm worried that if I lower it, I may not be able to reach it. But there probably is still at least another half a stone of weight I could lose so I should just go for it.

Either way, my goal for the coming week is another 2lbs as this will get me my 2 stone award.

Current weight: 10 stone 9.5 lbs
Total weight loss: 1 stone 12 lbs

Hi,

just caught up on your diary. how have you been getting on recently?

sorry to hear you suffer with depression, have you thought about counselling? it can really help. I've worked with so many depressed clients and its so lovely to see them come out the other side.

hope you're ok x x

Hi Hannafritters hope your OK, don't stay quite if you've had to take a break from healthy eating, still pop in and write nobody judging anyone in here but i find the support is great either changing your eating or fighting a hard battle to achieve it. x

So it's been a while, so long that I don't know what week number it is anymore :p

I could give all the excuses in the world but I won't because none of them are real. All of them are things that I could have worked around. The truth is that I started to feel a bit uninspired with slimming world and with healthy eating in general. I stopped posting on Instagram - which is something I've really loved doing, I stopped staying for group and would weigh in then leave instead. I was doing some half-assed version of slimming world which wasn't working for me. I'd lose a pound one week then gain it back the next.

The last time I posted on here was 12th July and I weighed 10 stone 9.5 lbs. Last week I finally decided to take things back under control and I still weighed exactly the same. It could have been a lot worse, I know, but it was frustrating to not have gone anywhere in so long. I got my boyfriend to hide my scales (still don't know where they are) and I decided that this week I was finally going to get my 2 stone award.

I went to weigh in today and I was so frustrated to be half a pound away :mad: I could have given up there and then but then the lady at the weigh station asked me if there was anything I could take off. I'd already taken off my glasses, jewellery etc the only thing I could think of was my bra. So I went to the toilet, took off my bra then weighed again and it was enough! :D

I feel reinvigorated, ready to lose those last 7 lbs to get to target!

Current weight: 10 stone 7.5 lbs
Total weight loss: 2 stone!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, here we go again.

I bet anyone reading this is fed up of me only posting when I’m doing well then writing a long excuse post when I’ve not been doing so well and haven’t posted for a while.

So, the week after my last post I didn’t make it to group and I wasn’t exactly on plan. I wouldn’t say that I was totally off plan either though. Anyway I then did I think 4 days of SP and managed to lose 2lbs the following week.

Since then though, I have been eating like I don’t think I’m ever going to get the chance to eat again. I can’t even properly explain it. I thought that I may have been slipping back into my depressive behaviours again but I’m honestly feeling fine otherwise.

My meals are usually on plan but it’s the stuff in between that I struggle with and I think that’s common for a lot of SW members or in fact anyone trying to change their eating habits.

Anyway I only have 3 days until my next weigh in and there is just no way that I can undo the damage I’ve done in that time but I can at least try to limit the inevitable gain that I will have. Will let you know how I get on.

Current weight: 10 stone 5.5 lbs
Total weight loss: 2 stone 2 lbs

Okay.

So I decided to take a bit of a break from Slimming World not long after my last post. I just wasn’t feeling it any more I was doing one week on plan and one week off plan and generally feeling rubbish about it all. I felt rubbish when I was eating well and I felt just as rubbish when I was eating badly. There was no point in continuing to go to group while I still had that mindset.

I think I had a total of 6 weeks away from group and in that time I put on 7lbs. I debated about whether I would go back at all, but Slimming World has done so much for me and my self confidence that I figured it was stupid to give up on it entirely and also potentially gain back all the weight I’d lost.

I was incredibly pleased to still be under 11 stone as that was my original target. I had been so worried about going back to group because I was embarrassed of how much I’d gained, but I needn’t have been worried. I was welcomed back with no judgements and no questioning about why I’d been gone. Instead I was congratulated for being brave enough to come back.

I was so inspired by the other members at group that week and I left feeling determined that I would get back on it and all would be well again. Things are never so simple and it took me a few days to get back into the swing of things. But I did eventually and lost 1.5 lbs.

And yet, here I am again mid week and I’ve only managed one full day on plan. Maybe I need to stop using the phrases “on plan” and “off plan”. I feel like they affect my mood dramatically because as soon as I go even a bit over on my syns, I consider myself “off plan” and go and have a binge.

Anyway, I’ll get there eventually and I need to remember to be proud of what I’ve done so far, but also not settle on it. Yeah, I’ve lost all this weight, but I’ve still got more to go.

Current weight: 10 stone 11 lbs
Total weight loss: 1 stone 10.5 lbs

I know how you are feeling...

I was trying to talk myself out of going to group last night after being 'off plan' for a few days and fearing weigh-in...as it turned out it was not so bad after all...a pound gain...so very glad I went as the group help me to gain some perspective and I came away feeling I can do this.

One day at a time is all any of us can do.

Just a little update so that this thread doesn’t end so suddenly.

I’ve posted before about struggling with depression and over Christmas and New Year it hit me hard. Being away from my family and having to work just brought me down in such a big way. I shouldn’t use it as an excuse but it’s the only one I have.

I was genuinely struggling to get the motivation to even take care of myself. If I didn’t have work, I wouldn’t even shower and I was barely leaving the house (probably a good thing as I most likely smelled bad :oops:).

In January, I went on an amazing holiday to New York and then on to Vancouver and it was so good to just be away from everything. Then the second I got back I started to fall straight back into depression.

I probably should have gone to the doctors and got some more antidepressants but I wanted a more permanent solution this time. I read a lot of articles about how just practising self care can greatly improve mood and so I made it a priority to make sure I got washed and dressed every day. And I rejoined Slimming World. This was 3 weeks ago. Since then I’ve hardly posted on social media about SW because I wanted to keep the focus on me and not on pleasing others.

I really enjoyed posting on here and posting on Instagram at one point but eventually it felt like a pressure to always have something interesting to say or to lose weight no matter what else was going on in my life. It was a pressure that I put on myself and nobody else put it on me. I’m not saying I’ll never post on here again, but for now I’m making sure that I’m losing weight because I want to and not because I want to impress anyone else.

I’m feeling so much better already and I’ve been practising some CBT methods that have been really helpful. Also going to the gym has been a game changer for me. People always say that exercise releases endorphins but I was always sceptical. I don’t know for sure that it’s the workouts that are helping or if it’s just that I’m getting out of the house to go somewhere other than work.

Anyway it’s goodbye for now but not forever 😘

Back