Slimming World Diary

I've just started Slimming World and I thought it would be a good idea to document how I'm feeling week by week

I weighed in today after my first week on Slimming World. I lost 7 pounds!!! I'm so happy but also a little worried that it may be too much too quick as I've always thought that slower, steadier weight loss is better than faster weight loss.

Also I'm going to Rome for 5 days on Monday so I'm a little worried about how I'll maintain the healthy eating while away - especially because I love Italian food!

Anyway, absolutely astounded at my weight loss. Never dreamt it would be so much!

Starting weight: 12st 7.5lbs
Current weight: 12st 0.5lbs
Total loss: 7lbs

HI Hannah Welcome to Minimins
I think it depends on the persons choice really, I always do sensible eating and then integrate exercise its a slow loosing way but there are hundreds of cases on here and in the world of Slimming world looses. They are big numbers, I think someone posted on here that with SW the first losses re very high ones, so it may even out and not be so worrying for you.

Hi and welcome in! :D First week loss is usually high as your body has basically been spring-cleaned! After that you'll most likely find it will settle to around 2-4 lbs a week, which is a good, steady rate. :)

Week 2/3

Lost 1/2 lb over the last 2 weeks which I was actually pretty happy with. Rome was amazing and I tried to make the healthier choice where I could but still ended up eating quite a lot of the wrong foods - including the best gelato ever! I have no doubt in my mind that I would have put weight on last week but I know that I enjoyed myself :)

I've come back from holiday straight into working night shifts which has been a learning experience for sure. The first night I didn't bring any food with me - huge mistake! - and ended up scoffing down all the junk that the others had brought. So then the next shift I brought in leftovers from my dinner but then found myself wanting snacks about half way through the shift and helping myself to some Doritos.

So tonight I've brought dinner with me plus a muller light and some hifi bars for when the urge to snack hits and we'll see how it goes!

I'm going to set myself a target to lose 2lbs this week.

Current weight: 12st
Weight loss: 7.5lbs

Week 4

I had a bit of a mixed week this week but came away with a 2lb loss :D
Started out with the struggles of being post night shift and being too tired to go out shopping but only having rubbish food in the house. Then on Sunday my boyfriend came over and we decided to order a Chinese takeaway :confused: then because it was I was working all day Tuesday (Valentines) so wouldn't get to see him, he cooked us dinner on Monday. He tried his best but didn't realise how high in syns Dolmio sauces are.

But I was determined that I wasn't going to let a couple of bad days ruin things for me so I drew a line under it and wrote out a full meal plan on Tuesday for the rest of the week and I stuck to it. I was working Thursday evening so couldn't make it to my usual group but went along this morning (Saturday) instead. I definitely find that going to group really helps me and my consultant is so helpful. I come away feeling inspired by the other group members.

Target is to lose another 2lbs this week but I'm bearing in mind that because I'll be back to Thursday group, it will only be a 5 day gap between weigh ins.

Current weight: 11st 12lbs
Total weight loss: 9.5lbs

Well done having fun and loosing wieght too! Is your job an active one? I had an active one years ago Id like another one after caring for Mum save me a gym membership. Earn while I work out :D

I'm a radiographer so I'm on my feet all day taking x-rays and doing CT scans. I love it but although it's an "active job" I think my body must be used to it as it didn't seem to make a difference when I was gaining weight before starting sw! :p

The advice usually is your body does get use to it and once that happens you do have to do more on top. Which is why exercise is always raised through cycles until maintain is reached.

Week 5

1lb lost this week. Not my target of 2lbs but it's a loss so I can't complain. I planned all my meals again which worked out for the most part but I definitely need to be stricter with myself about my syns. Before now I've got away with going over on my syns and I always knew that it wouldn't be the way forever. I have 3.5lbs left to get to my 1 stone award but I have 3 night shifts this week to get through so to be honest I'll be happy if I manage to not gain weight.

I have to say though I've felt like something has just clicked in my head this week. Like I just suddenly get it. It doesn't actually feel like a diet anymore because I realised that I would be happy to continue on the slimming world plan for the rest of my life. I don't feel like I'm deprived of anything and I feel healthier than I've ever felt before even when I was nearly 2 stone lighter.

Starting weight: 12 stone 7.5lbs
Current weight: 11 stone 11lbs
Total weight loss: 10.5lbs

Week 6

I cannot believe my loss this week! 4lbs off this week meaning that I achieved my 1 stone award! To make things even better I got Slimmer of the Week!

I didn't let my night shifts get the best of me and for each one I brought a huge shopping bag packed full of SW friendly food and if it didn't come out of my bag, it didn't go in my mouth. I've also been a lot stricter with myself syn wise and it looks like it's paid off. I haven't felt as happy as this in a really long time. Slimming World is one of the best decisions I've ever made for myself :)

Starting Weight: 12 stone 7.5lbs
Current Weight: 11 stone 7lbs
Total weight loss: 1 stone 0.5lbs

Week 7
I've made a fairly last minute trip home to Plymouth this week and so I haven't weighed in. I've weighed myself at home though and I seem to have maintained although it's hard to tell as I don't know how these scales compare to the ones at group.

I booked a week off work ages ago and I had planned on just having a week to myself getting the jobs done around my flat that I've been putting off but my Nan has been in hospital recently and I could tell that my mum was getting really stressed about it so I thought that it would be nice to come and spend some time with her. I've had 2 days completely off plan but I've been good the other days so hopefully when I travel back tomorrow I'll get straight back on it and be able to achieve a loss next week :)

Week 8
A fairly surprising 1.5 lbs off this week. I have been on plan but when I've weighed myself at home (I know I shouldn't) I've either maintained or I've gained half a pound. My scales normally match up pretty well with the ones in group so maybe the weight finally decided to come off overnight last night :p

I planned my whole week out as usual and I stuck to it so I know that it works for me. I bought a journal at group today so I'll see if that helps me even more. I also am going to try my best to stay syn free during the day because I know that evenings are my danger zone so I can have my full amount of syns then instead of only having a few left.

At this point, I'm happy as long as I'm losing so I'm going to set myself a target for the week ahead of 1lb.

Starting weight: 12 stone 7.5lbs
Current weight: 11 stone 5.5lbs
Total weight loss: 1 stone 2lbs

All good Hanna , hope your Nans OK.
I find the family stress thing the biggest interference with my healthy eating. I use to think I was being selfish thinking that way but I'm OK with it now it's a seriouse issue and I think protecting it has to be our first priority. I've been open with my Mum about it more this time round and she's been great. Stopped offering me what she's eating, stopped asking if I want to share a pudding.
She actually been eating healthier too.

1lb is a good loss to look for its 12lb a year slow and should stay off longer :D

All good Hanna , hope your Nans OK.
I find the family stress thing the biggest interference with my healthy eating. I use to think I was being selfish thinking that way but I'm OK with it now it's a seriouse issue and I think protecting it has to be our first priority. I've been open with my Mum about it more this time round and she's been great. Stopped offering me what she's eating, stopped asking if I want to share a pudding.
She actually been eating healthier too.

1lb is a good loss to look for its 12lb a year slow and should stay off longer :D

Thanks lovely,

My nan is getting better but still in hospital at the moment. I know what you mean and it can feel like I'm being selfish and I find myself apologising to my boyfriend and my mum when I'm there for being awkward in that I'm trying to eat healthy, but I'm definitely going to have to learn to stop apologising when I'm trying to make a positive change

Week 9
I was most definitely expecting a gain this week so I'm feeling great having lost 0.5lb.

I gave in to my chocolate cravings a few too many times last week. I feel like I finally got on top of it on Thursday and Friday, which is probably how I managed to still lose half.

I guess it proves that the plan works seeing as I only stuck to it for 2 days out of 7 and still managed a loss, albeit a small one.

I'm going straight into night shifts tonight and tomorrow night but I've packed my bag full of fruit and low syn snacks as well as an extra serving of the chilli that I had for dinner so there should be no reason to go off plan.

I would love to lose 2lbs this week as that would get me to Club 10 but I'd be happy with any number as long as it's a loss!

Current weight: 11st 5lbs
Total weight loss: 1st 2.5lbs

Back