• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Slimming world for life

S: 15st0lb C: 15st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 37.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi guys
Well last night i finally realised where i have been going wrong the last 10 years. I have always seen my diet, be it sw or ww, cc or sf, as a short term fix, until i get to goal, so have never really changed my eating habits.
Well after another blow out binge last night (im 35wks preg too) it hit me, that whatever diet i do needs to be for life, as soon as i come off weight goes back on, and sw is the perfect plan for life. So now instead of having my binge days, where if i fancy something off plan i will have iyt and blow the whole day, now iknow this is for life, if i have something off plan, i can keep on track the rest off the day, because the sw food is the food i need to eat foirever not the junk pizza and takeaways!!!
Hope this makes sense to some of you, it finally does to me.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 14st4lb C: 14st4lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 32.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I totally agree hun! Thats the beauty of SW :) Congratulations on being 35 weeks pregnant by the way, hope all is going well x

LadyHelen

No Coffee, No Workee
S: 19st6.5lb C: 19st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 42.9 Loss: 0st6.5lb(2.39%)
It makes perfect sense - and I think I've had the same realisation this time too, scary though it is.

Woodsylou

Silver Member
S: 13st6.5lb C: 13st6.5lb G: 9st11lb BMI: 32.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
i agree, i feel exactly the same. when i started SW it was a 'diet' and now i've been on it 7 weeks i've realised that it isn't a diet, it's just how i will eat forever. and im happy with that as i never really feel deprived.

congrats on the pregnancy :)

*angie*

loves food and cooking
S: 12st10.5lb C: 12st5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 26.3 Loss: 0st5.5lb(3.08%)
My turning point was when I realised that the food I considered was a 'treat' was actually making me feel dreadful - both physically and emotionally. Instead I could treat myself *on plan*, and still have the odd takeaway / birthday cake / whatever.

SW is a great plan, it is very forgiving of being 'human', and I am very very pleased with having stayed at target for over a year now, eating (mainly) the sw way.

Huge congrats on your pregnancy, and I hope you continue to feel positive about how you eat :D

eternity

Gold Member
S: 16st6lb C: 9st6lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 7st0lb(42.61%)
I've only been at target for 2 months but I realised some time ago that I wasn't thinking that when I got to target I would go back to eating like I used to.
I love eating the SW way and I hope that I can stay at target this time by staying on plan with extra heb's for maintenance. I'm hopeful that I will