Slimming world for life

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by yummy-mummy2b, 23 March 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. yummy-mummy2b

yummy-mummy2b Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi guys
    Well last night i finally realised where i have been going wrong the last 10 years. I have always seen my diet, be it sw or ww, cc or sf, as a short term fix, until i get to goal, so have never really changed my eating habits.
    Well after another blow out binge last night (im 35wks preg too) it hit me, that whatever diet i do needs to be for life, as soon as i come off weight goes back on, and sw is the perfect plan for life. So now instead of having my binge days, where if i fancy something off plan i will have iyt and blow the whole day, now iknow this is for life, if i have something off plan, i can keep on track the rest off the day, because the sw food is the food i need to eat foirever not the junk pizza and takeaways!!!
    Hope this makes sense to some of you, it finally does to me.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I totally agree hun! Thats the beauty of SW :) Congratulations on being 35 weeks pregnant by the way, hope all is going well x

4. LadyHelen

LadyHelen No Coffee, No Workee

Start Weight:
    19st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.39%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    It makes perfect sense - and I think I've had the same realisation this time too, scary though it is.

5. Woodsylou

Woodsylou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    i agree, i feel exactly the same. when i started SW it was a 'diet' and now i've been on it 7 weeks i've realised that it isn't a diet, it's just how i will eat forever. and im happy with that as i never really feel deprived.

congrats on the pregnancy :)

6. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(3.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World and 5:2 (not together)
    My turning point was when I realised that the food I considered was a 'treat' was actually making me feel dreadful - both physically and emotionally. Instead I could treat myself *on plan*, and still have the odd takeaway / birthday cake / whatever.

SW is a great plan, it is very forgiving of being 'human', and I am very very pleased with having stayed at target for over a year now, eating (mainly) the sw way.

Huge congrats on your pregnancy, and I hope you continue to feel positive about how you eat :D

7. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    I've only been at target for 2 months but I realised some time ago that I wasn't thinking that when I got to target I would go back to eating like I used to.
    I love eating the SW way and I hope that I can stay at target this time by staying on plan with extra heb's for maintenance. I'm hopeful that I will

8. MrsBabyCakes

MrsBabyCakes Naughty Fridge Picker

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.21%)
    Diet:
    Low fat, Low Carb, High Protein, SW tweaked
    I totally agree with everything you said! Good post!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.