Slimming world for life

yummy-mummy2b

Hi guys
Well last night i finally realised where i have been going wrong the last 10 years. I have always seen my diet, be it sw or ww, cc or sf, as a short term fix, until i get to goal, so have never really changed my eating habits.
Well after another blow out binge last night (im 35wks preg too) it hit me, that whatever diet i do needs to be for life, as soon as i come off weight goes back on, and sw is the perfect plan for life. So now instead of having my binge days, where if i fancy something off plan i will have iyt and blow the whole day, now iknow this is for life, if i have something off plan, i can keep on track the rest off the day, because the sw food is the food i need to eat foirever not the junk pizza and takeaways!!!
Hope this makes sense to some of you, it finally does to me.

I totally agree hun! Thats the beauty of SW :) Congratulations on being 35 weeks pregnant by the way, hope all is going well x

It makes perfect sense - and I think I've had the same realisation this time too, scary though it is.

i agree, i feel exactly the same. when i started SW it was a 'diet' and now i've been on it 7 weeks i've realised that it isn't a diet, it's just how i will eat forever. and im happy with that as i never really feel deprived.

congrats on the pregnancy :)

My turning point was when I realised that the food I considered was a 'treat' was actually making me feel dreadful - both physically and emotionally. Instead I could treat myself *on plan*, and still have the odd takeaway / birthday cake / whatever.

SW is a great plan, it is very forgiving of being 'human', and I am very very pleased with having stayed at target for over a year now, eating (mainly) the sw way.

Huge congrats on your pregnancy, and I hope you continue to feel positive about how you eat :D

I've only been at target for 2 months but I realised some time ago that I wasn't thinking that when I got to target I would go back to eating like I used to.
I love eating the SW way and I hope that I can stay at target this time by staying on plan with extra heb's for maintenance. I'm hopeful that I will

Back