Extra Easy Slimming World for Students!!

Fudgie2012

Hey all, just wondering if anyone is in the same position as me? I've recently restarted slimming world but I'm now going back to college next week and I'm terrified that the diet will stop! I'll be busing it up every day which takes an hour each way and i'll be spending all day in college.. Does anyone else make up snacks or lunches for uni or work that they can just take out of their bag and eat? It doesn't help that I'm a fussy eater either!! :cry:

Hey, I'm a student too, it can be really frustrating to find good snacks to fill up on, especially when you're stuck on campus or in the library all day! What kinds of foods don't you like? What kinds do you love?

Taking up superfree foods to fill up on is always a great idea, so carrots, celery, apples etc. Also on the SW website they've now included Asda's chargrilled pepper and chilli humus to the healthy extra b list (42g serving of 30% less fat).

Yeah exactly its hateful especially when everyone just goes to the canteen or across to the shop and gets yummy goujon rolls!
Well i have a major sweet tooth that doesnt help! I love my fruit but not keen on vegetables! Only thing is no matter how much I eat I can never get full - my boyfriend eats non stop and I've let myself go and now I can easily eat the same amount of junk as him and still not be full! :(
Oh that sounds nice whats hummus like?? Can that be eaten cold??

I'm a student, and I struggled at first! Especially seeing as the uni canteen is full of tempting rubbish, and salad's with a ton of dressing. But tuna pasta salad and things like that all boxed up have helped me out, as well as making sure there's always some fruit in my bag so I'm never caught short and hungry!

Worst bit is being offered naughty snacks during lectures - wine gums and whatever other sweets my classmates have bought! Learned to take grapes instead now!

A bit of pre-planning, and you can make it work around you, and have healthy, filling (and most importantly - cheap!) meals!

Me!

It takes me 3 hours to get to Uni - 3 hours to get home....So if I have a 9 o clock start I leave at 6am. If I don't finish til 3 then I get home for 6pm. Lonnnggg long days.

I have bought myself a pretty blue lunch bag and put a tub with a salad in, a small sandwich, a tub of fruit, carrot sticks, cereal bar and a little yogurt. I find that just about covers me for the day! Plus it's not sitting down for a proper lunch (when would we have time?!) they're things you can have when you have a 15minute break, or a 30minute bus journey, etc...

I've just finished my MA and found it tough _ especially towards the end with deadlines but I still managed to lose 3.5 stone in 20 months and it could have ben more if I'd kept it up for all of that time. I used to take in pastas our salads or sandwiches, - fruit, yoghurt and alpen lights. One day a week I'd treat myself to a jacket potato, with beans from the canteen.

Good luck, it is doable but you do have to plan and make sure you have plenty of fruit with you.

Wow thanks a million everyone! :) Yeah last semester i had the 3hour journey each way as well but thankfully I'm staying in an apartment an hour away now for this semester! I'm defo gonna try out these pasta dishes and have my wee boxes of fruit then too and an alep bar or something like that! Heres hoping it works! :)

I had a 2 hour commute each way and used to take 2 meals a day plus snacks.
- Lunch meal I'd do a flask of something hot (leftovers from the night before usually, or often I batch cook so I get 8 meals out of something and just mic one and stick it in the flask)
- Dinner meal Id do a big box of home-made free spicy hummus and another box of carrot sticks, mini veg (snap peas, baby corn, baby tomatoes etc) to go with it.
- Then for snacks Id put a bag of fruit in and sometimes some Quorn slices or something else free/low syn to nibble on

And a few cans of something sugar-free and fizzy, the bubbles help me feel full :)

Thanks a million everyone! :) Made some pasta last week for the breaks between lectures but ended up overdosing on the chilli end! :p Better luck this week I hope!! Have my 1st ever wedding to attend at the end of March and would really like to lose at least half a stone to look kind of half decent at it but especially with my boyfriends eating habits its sooo hard to stick to it! :(

I'm not a student Fudgie but I travel a lot with work- I probably make 6-8 bus, train or taxi journeys a day. I plan all of my meals in advance and tend to carry a cooler bag full of food everywhere I go!! It doesn't help that I never get a "sit down" meal, most of my food is eaten on the go. Each day I take:

• 1 portion homemade frozen soup
  • 1 frozen leftovers meal
  • 2 bananas
  • 2 apples
  • punnet strawberries/cherries/blackberries
  • 1 hifi bar
  • a mullerlight
  • water

Yes, everyone thinks I'm nuts and a lot of people comment at me eating at bus stops or at train station platforms, but I'd cave if I wasn't so prepared. To save money I used to buy actual fruit but now I buy the prepared stuff as I end up binning it all otherwise!! I also invested in a cupboard full of throwaway cutlery and tupperware (sorry environment) so that once I've eaten I can just bin it and not have to carry dirty stuff about with me!!

So it can be done, it just takes a bit of forward planning, once you've figured that out it will take up less and less of your time each week :D Good luck x

Back