Slimming World friendly PIZZA!!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by bugsbunny2000, 19 August 2011.

1. bugsbunny2000

bugsbunny2000 Proud to be a LOSER :)

Okay - I know this is actually quite an old recipe, but it's totally made my week so feel the need to share it :)

Okay so for this "recipe" you will need:

1 Asda Wholemeal Pitta Bread
    2 tbsp tomato puree (1 syn) OR passate (free!)
    Light Mozzarella Cheese
    toppings of your choice: I went with red pepper!

Put in the oven and voila - a SW-friendly family meal - throw in some homemade spicy wedges and you have yourself a dinner!

Made this the other day for dinner with my boyfriend. He went with a classic pepperoni topping - i was jealous - but kept reminding myself that while i eat my pepper-topping i am losing weight!

Can be used on an EE day, in which case feel free to throw on some diced ham/bacon/chicken topping mmm. Or keep it simple on a Green Day with veg!

Will definitely be making these again!!! Puts that syn-filled slice of mini pizza i had tuesday to shame!!!

2. yllw355

yllw355 Well-Known Member

is the pitta bread syn
  3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

The asda pitta bread can be used as a HEB
  4. yllw355

yllw355 Well-Known Member

thank you, i will be trying this :)
  5. Queen Bizzle

Queen Bizzle Well-Known Member

I know this is an old thread but thank you guys!!!!

I tried these at the weekend and they were amazing!!! Even my boyfriend loved them! :D

If you haven't already tried them and missing pizza I would recommend :)

I topped mine with sainsburys chinese chicked breast slices, chopped cherry tomatoes and red onion. Honestly the nicest diet food I've had so far :)
  6. Skulldilocks

Skulldilocks Well-Known Member

Definitely going to make this like all the time! I saw it on another forum, and as a massive pizza lover this is going to do the trick. Can make some yummy home made potato wedges to go with it, so excited :p
  7. Dukesy

Dukesy Well-Known Member

Sounds YUM
  8. sarah mann

sarah mann Member

Ohh sounds tasty. How many syns is the whole thing xx
  9. Queen Bizzle

I think if you save your healthy extras for the pitta bread and cheese then its completely free :)

You have to use the wholemeal pittas, and I think only the co op ones are free as a HEB.

I think some people use passata for the base, i've been using tomato puree and synning it just as it's all I had in the cupboard. xx
  10. Skulldilocks

Yeah apparently Co op and Asda wholemeal pittas are the only ones that are HEB :)
  11. Queen Bizzle

Oh I read somewhere that the asda ones had been discontinued :/ I dont have an asda though I didn't pay that much attention, I could be wrong ;) xx
  12. xsuex

xsuex New Member

:D sounds fabulous thanks
  13. Skulldilocks

Oh no! I hope they havent I did a "practise" online shop on there yest and found some wholemeal pittas but is there a special type to buy? D:
  14. Entropy

Entropy x Katie x

In the new book tomato puree is free!
  15. Queen Bizzle

AMAZING!!! I won't count it then!! :D xx
  16. juejon

juejon Well-Known Member

garlic bread to go with pizza ?

Toast a wholemeal pitta (healthy b) when it has warmed slice the pocket in half lenghtways, then cut in half width ways so you have 4 slices, rub with garlic and spray with frylight i also sprinkle on a spice mix but you can add any free flavours that you like, then grill until crispy
  17. Queen Bizzle

Amazing idea!!! Planning to have spag bol at the weekend, this will be perfect :) YUM xx
  18. CryLittleSister

CryLittleSister Da Boss

You can use smash as a pizza base!
  19. CryLittleSister

CryLittleSister Da Boss

And thats free..

Why isn't tescos wholemeal pitta free? It says 60grs of any wholemeal bread..?
  20. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Well-Known Member

No bread is free tho. 60g of wholemeal bread can be used as a HEb, but as discussed on many threads previously, only co-op and asda wholemeal pittas qualify due to the contents-most have oil in I believe