Slimming World friendly PIZZA!!!!

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Okay - I know this is actually quite an old recipe, but it's totally made my week so feel the need to share it :)

Okay so for this "recipe" you will need:

1 Asda Wholemeal Pitta Bread
2 tbsp tomato puree (1 syn) OR passate (free!)
Light Mozzarella Cheese
toppings of your choice: I went with red pepper!

Put in the oven and voila - a SW-friendly family meal - throw in some homemade spicy wedges and you have yourself a dinner!

Made this the other day for dinner with my boyfriend. He went with a classic pepperoni topping - i was jealous - but kept reminding myself that while i eat my pepper-topping i am losing weight!

Can be used on an EE day, in which case feel free to throw on some diced ham/bacon/chicken topping mmm. Or keep it simple on a Green Day with veg!

Will definitely be making these again!!! Puts that syn-filled slice of mini pizza i had tuesday to shame!!!

xxx

The asda pitta bread can be used as a HEB

I know this is an old thread but thank you guys!!!!

I tried these at the weekend and they were amazing!!! Even my boyfriend loved them! :D

If you haven't already tried them and missing pizza I would recommend :)

I topped mine with sainsburys chinese chicked breast slices, chopped cherry tomatoes and red onion. Honestly the nicest diet food I've had so far :)

Definitely going to make this like all the time! I saw it on another forum, and as a massive pizza lover this is going to do the trick. Can make some yummy home made potato wedges to go with it, so excited :p

I think if you save your healthy extras for the pitta bread and cheese then its completely free :)

You have to use the wholemeal pittas, and I think only the co op ones are free as a HEB.

I think some people use passata for the base, i've been using tomato puree and synning it just as it's all I had in the cupboard. xx

Yeah apparently Co op and Asda wholemeal pittas are the only ones that are HEB :)

Oh I read somewhere that the asda ones had been discontinued :/ I dont have an asda though I didn't pay that much attention, I could be wrong ;) xx

Oh no! I hope they havent I did a "practise" online shop on there yest and found some wholemeal pittas but is there a special type to buy? D:

AMAZING!!! I won't count it then!! :D xx

garlic bread to go with pizza ?

Toast a wholemeal pitta (healthy b) when it has warmed slice the pocket in half lenghtways, then cut in half width ways so you have 4 slices, rub with garlic and spray with frylight i also sprinkle on a spice mix but you can add any free flavours that you like, then grill until crispy

garlic bread to go with pizza ?

Toast a wholemeal pitta (healthy b) when it has warmed slice the pocket in half lenghtways, then cut in half width ways so you have 4 slices, rub with garlic and spray with frylight i also sprinkle on a spice mix but you can add any free flavours that you like, then grill until crispy

Amazing idea!!! Planning to have spag bol at the weekend, this will be perfect :) YUM xx

Gollywogg said:
And thats free..

Why isn't tescos wholemeal pitta free? It says 60grs of any wholemeal bread..?

No bread is free tho. 60g of wholemeal bread can be used as a HEb, but as discussed on many threads previously, only co-op and asda wholemeal pittas qualify due to the contents-most have oil in I believe

Back