Slimming World from Down Under - Green/EE Days

Air con on. Lucky you. It is pretty cold here so socks slippers a cardi and by the evening a blanket too as the heating goes off.

You are doing god Sara. On the point of weighing you could get some friends together and all weigh. A bit of competition. May not be possible of course.

Anyway you are doing good with your food. Good luck with your next weigh in,

I have a son in NZ and his wife used to go to weight watchers. She doesn`t have to go anymore as she has a medital condition that does not make it easy to eat. Poor thing,

Air con on. Lucky you. It is pretty cold here so socks slippers a cardi and by the evening a blanket too as the heating goes off.

You are doing god Sara. On the point of weighing you could get some friends together and all weigh. A bit of competition. May not be possible of course.

Anyway you are doing good with your food. Good luck with your next weigh in,

I have a son in NZ and his wife used to go to weight watchers. She doesn`t have to go anymore as she has a medital condition that does not make it easy to eat. Poor thing,

Hi Doreen,

Thanks for stopping by again :) there is WW here but I have lost with SW before and know that it suits me, it is hard to do it from Australia as we don't have the same brand food as the UK and there aren't any cereal bars which you can have as a HEB and there are only 2 types of baked beans which are free, the rest have syns!

It is supposed to be 37 degrees tomorrow so the plan is to stay in the house, swim in the pool and then back to the air conditioned house! We're going up to the beach next weekend for a break so I hope it isn't this hot then!

So today was Hubby's payday (we get paid fortnightly here which is great!) so he wanted to get takeaway (you will notice a reoccuring theme here, Hubby loves takeaways!) so I negotiated with him by making a Japanese curry which wasn't low in syns but was better than a takeaway!

Friday 16th January

Breakfast: 60g Lowan Muesli (HEB*2) and 50ml SS milk

Lunch: Leftover pasta & sauce from yesterday

Dinner: S&B curry sauce (11 syns) with Quorn Fillet, mushroom, onion & carrot & rice

Snacks: Mini Eggs (10 syns), Nectarine, banana, strawberries, grapes, blueberries & raspberries

Syns: Mini Eggs (10 syns), S&B curry sauce (11 syns) = 21 syns

I lost 0.4kg this week which isn't great, I need to cut back on my carbs for next week I think.

I didn't have a good Saturday, I went for breakfast with my Hubby before he started work and then I was busy with the kids all day, we went to the podiatrist where we found out that they both need orthotics, my daughter needs full orthotics whereas my son just needs arch supports, I feel bad as it is my hypermobility which has been passed on genetically from me :( I have severe hypermobility and go to clinical pilates each week to build up the strength in the muscles behind my joints and my daughter is severely hypermobile in her lower joints, the little fella has it mildly so not as bad as his sister.

Anyway from podiatry we came home and went for a swim in our pool, then we went to my daughter's friends for a playdate and then to buy my son some specific shoes, picked Hubby up from work and then back home. I didn't eat from breakfast time until dinnertime and then was craving sweet stuff so I went a bit crazy :mad: Oh well onwards and upwards! I need to be good before we go away on Friday

Saturday 17th January

Breakfast: Greek Omelette with tomatoes, spinach, feta (HEA) and 3 eggs, 2 slices ciabatta (6 syns?)

Lunch: None

Dinner: leftover S&B curry sauce (5 syns) with Quorn Fillet, mushroom, onion & carrot & rice

Snacks: 2 Treatsize crunchies (8 syns), sweet & salty popcorn (10 syns), vodka, Lime & Soda (7.5 syns)

Syns: Ciabatta (6 syns), S&B curry sauce (5 syns), Crunchies (8 syns), Sweet & salty popcorn (10 syns), Vodka, lime & soda (7.5 syns) = 36.5 syns
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sunday 18th January

Brunch: 2 pieces Country Spill bread (HEB) with scraping of Nuttelex (2 syns), 30g Liddells cheese (HEA) and poached egg

Dinner: Burritos - 2 wholemeal wraps - which we found can be used as HEB here (HEB + 4.5 syns), filled with Quorn mince, mushrooms, onion, peppers, refried beans) topped with 30g Liddell's cheese (HEA) - crazy delicious!

Snacks: Nectarine, banana

Syns: Nuttelex (2 syns), Wholemeal wrap (4.5 syns) = 6.5 syns

That was a better day for you Sara. Thinking of your children. Genes are a pain. I am lucky in the only problem gene I have from my family is the FAT one.
Good that you found those pitta can be a hexb

Where are you going on holiday Sara.

That was a better day for you Sara. Thinking of your children. Genes are a pain. I am lucky in the only problem gene I have from my family is the FAT one.
Good that you found those pitta can be a hexb

Where are you going on holiday Sara.

Hi Doreen,

Thanks :) I feel like I have made good food choices today, I wanted banana bread when we went for coffee but talked myself out of it and instead drank loads of water!

We're off to a place called Caloundra which is on the Sunshine Coast, it's only an hour from us and is lovely! It's forecast 31 degrees for the weekend so it should be nice but not too hot! It's a bank holiday weekend here next weekend so we're going from Friday to Monday and then my little girl starts back at school on Tuesday after their 6 week summer holiday!

How are you getting on with SW?

I did quite well tonight until I got home and Hubby had cooked tea, bless him! I had halloumi (yummy but synorific!), half a packet Uncle Ben's spicy mexican rice (yummy but mildly synorific), yet more leftover chilli (god help my guts!) and a wholemeal pitta pocket (yet more syns!).

I wouldn't mind but because I didn't have any syns all day I bought a packet of 8 mini Malteaster bunnies which work out at 3 syns each and O was going to have one when I came back from pilates tonight! So now I am having a Pepsi Max for the sweetness instead and then off to bed I go!

Monday 19th January

Breakfast:
30g Lowan Muesli (HEB) and 50ml SS milk

Lunch:
Leftover burrito (HEB), (HEA for cheese) and Quorn chilli

Dinner: Halloumi (7 syns), 1/2 packet Uncle Ben's spicy mexican rice (2 syns), leftover chilli and Bazaar Wholemeal pocket (6 syns)

Syns: Halloumi (7 syns), 1/2 packet Uncle Ben's spicy mexican rice (2 syns), Bazaar Wholemeal pocket (6 syns) = 15 syns

How am I doing on SW. I have problems sticking to it I am afraid. I am a foodaholic. I lose for 4 weeks, albeit small amounts, then I have a couple of binge days and put some back on. I keep on going to class each week and I get a lot of encouragement. It has started to move again . I do know that if I don`t go each week I will just be at home and eat, I love the SW plan and am trying to cut my portion size.
I am diabetic and one would think that would make me more careful, but no.

It sounds funny you saying about summer hols this time of year. Have a good time.

Tuesday 21st January

Breakfast: 30g Lowan Muesli (HEB) and 50ml SS milk (part HEA)

Lunch: 2 Quorn Burgers (1 syn), Steamfresh veggies (broccoli, cauli and carrots) and 1 tbsp Nando's Marinade (0.5 syn)

Dinner: 2 Quorn Burgers (1 syn) (yes it was a Quorn burger type of day!), SW wedges, Carrot & turnip, Steamfresh veg, 2 tsp VBisto (2 syns) and 2 Yorkshire puddings (4 syns)

Snacks: Banana, Orange, Nectarine, slice of raspberry chocolate cake (made by my friend)

Syns: 4 Quorn Burgers (2 syns), 1 tbsp Nando's Marinade (0.5 syn), 2 tsp Bisto (2 syns), 2 Yorkshire Puddings (4 syns) = 8.5 syns + cake damage!

How am I doing on SW. I have problems sticking to it I am afraid. I am a foodaholic. I lose for 4 weeks, albeit small amounts, then I have a couple of binge days and put some back on. I keep on going to class each week and I get a lot of encouragement. It has started to move again . I do know that if I don`t go each week I will just be at home and eat, I love the SW plan and am trying to cut my portion size.
I am diabetic and one would think that would make me more careful, but no.

It sounds funny you saying about summer hols this time of year. Have a good time.

Thanks Doreen, I will post some pictures up when I get back :)

Wednesday 21st January

Breakfast: 30g Sultana Bran (HEB) with 50ml SS milk (part HEA)

Lunch: 2 Quorn Fillets, Steam fresh veg (broccoli, cauli & carrots) and 1 tbsp Nando's marinade (0.5 syn)

Dinner: Palak Paneer (spinach, chillies, onions, garlic, paneer cheese) (6 syns), pilau rice (2.5 syns), wholemeal roti (5 syns)

Snacks: Orange, banana, grapes, strawberries & blueberries, Edamame beans.

Drinks: Water, soda water & medium cappucino (rest of HEA for ss milk)

Syns:
Palak(saag) Paneer (6 syns), pilau rice (2.5 syns), wholemeal roti (5 syns), 1 tbsp Nando's sauce (0.5 syn) = 13 syns

Thursday 22nd January

Breakfast: 30g Lowan Muesli (HEB), 50ml SS milk (part HEA)

Lunch:
Wholemeal Pitta (HEB), lettuce, onions, jalapenos with 2 falafel (4 syns) and sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)

Dinner: Palak Paneer (spinach, chillies, onions, garlic, paneer cheese) (6 syns), pilau rice (2.5 syns)

Snacks: Edamame, strawberries, grapes & blueberries, orange

Drinks: Water, Diet Lemonade, Cappucino (using rest of HEA for SS milk) (1 syn) for sugar

Syns:
Palak Paneer (6 syns), pilau rice (2.5 syns), wholemeal roti (5 syns), 2 falafel (4 syns), Sweet chilli sauce (1 syn), 1 tsp sugar (1 syn) = 18.5 syns

Back