Extra Easy Slimming World frozen meals

faye cheshire

Silver Member
Hi all. I do make most things from scratch but it would be nice to occassionally have a rest.
That in mind I thought I would ask what you all think about the Iceland ready frozen meals. Also the sausages as although I am not mad on sausages I sometimes do them with pasta and sauce and salad Thanks for any replies

Faye':eatdrink051:

I've not tried the sausages but tried quite a few of the meals....sadly I wasn't keen on many of them, the only ones I found okayish were the Sweetcorn Chowder soup and the Tikka Masala.

I've only had the paella, which was ok but I wouldn't make a special trip for it. I'm not really keen on their normal sausages either, they're a little rubbery for my liking but a lot of people have said that they're really nice if you use the sausage meat to make scotch eggs. There are some limited edition Italian style pork and beef ones there at the moment, they're better than the other ones but again, I wouldn't make a special trip. I much prefer the 0.5 syn ones you can get from various supermarkets.

I can't say much regarding SW food as I don't often touch processed stuff like ready-meals. I very occasionally have sausages but, since everyone I've spoken to has said the SW ones are horrible, I stick to the 1 syn HECK sausages, which are lovely.

I agree with Wolf, the Heck sausages are really nice. My favourites at the moment are the Porky Lights, which are only half a syn each and the way they taste reminds me of the sausages I used to have when I was a kid that we got from the butchers. Sooo scrummy! They're a little hard to come by at the moment though since I think they're in high demand! I found some in Tesco a few weeks ago but haven't seen them since...only empty shelves :(

Back