Slimming World - Loving it!!

dont worry honey. you could be in for a stonking weight loss next week!

Just had a friend text me...she is starting SW on Monday....i must be doing something right, thats my mum, cousin in law and friend ive managed to convince to go !!!! Yay me!

yeah lets hope so!! My mum joined last night too.... not really happy about it... as she questions everything i do and criticises me every step of the way, regardless of what i am doing... She can't think for herself and doesn't like that i am so independent!

ooh, thats a tricky situation. i would just let her know that you are happy for her support and glad she is taking an interest BUT you are capable of doing it alone as you are not 12 anymore. my mother in law still thinks my husband is 12 and it drives me up the wall! sometimes it feels like she is critisising me or im not doing good enough. grrrrr i know he is only 21, but im sure he has learned how to look after himself! LOL

Hi Girls

I'm thinking about doing SW at some point... did any of you go from VLCD to SW straight away? Did you put on weight initially??

Thanks!

Hi Karen
First of all ive been reading your dating thread...BRILLIANT! its better than Corrie! i hope it works out between you two.
Secondly i used to do CD but had a break of a couple of weeks before i started SW. put on some weight between diets but that was more down to me being a piggy!
Once i started i had losses of around 1 - 3lbs per week but last week was 4.5lbs!! crazy! didnt put on any weight at all initially but i think some people who have gone straight from a VLCD did....only a small amount and that was easily lost in the following week.
I would deffo reccomend SW its MUCH easier to WW in my opinion. its so easy and im never hungry. AND its really sensible. something you could carry on easily as a healthy way of eating.
hope that helps xxx
good luck!

i think ive got worms....or so my dad would tell me if he was here. :eek:
i cant stop eating today. so far its all been free food but now i have run out and the only other things left at work are crisps, chocolate, nuts and jelly sweets. I feel so hungry!!
im fed up too. today the clock is actually going backwards. Im on my own, lonely, hungry. its the TOTM and ive got work i REALLY ought to be doing but cant seem to get motivated (even thought the boss is back from holiday on Monday and will surely notice?! LOL)

some one make my day go faster...or at least stop me eating! :D

i am about to throw this computer out of the window as i have typed the following message three times already only for my computer to go doo lally when i try and post it! ARGHHHHHH!
Anyway.
I started the Cambridge Diet in Jan of this year. I struggled, moaned, threw my toys out of the pram on numerous occasions and finally lost just over 4 stone (then put half back on!) before i knew that i had had enough. Ive still got about 4 stone to lose, but im tryong something different now.
And so, i joined Slimming World last Wednesday and everything is really good so far. Im eating well (not too much!!) and above all im happy again!!
So, if anyone wants to say hello, or you have some good SW advice or recipes.....come on down!!

Bye for now!! xxx
hiya, i was doing the lighterlife diet, i have struggled on it for the last 2 weeks so like you i have decieded to go on slimming world and get back into the normal world, i have found being on the lighterlife diet hard and also i have been unhappy with not being able to eat, so good luck to you on slimmers world, if i hear of any good receipes i will pass them on to you

Wow it's quiet on here! How is everyone doing??? back from footballtraining with little man... i'm shattered today!! Hollie had a friend stay over and they were still awake at midnight and awake before 6am... so i am very very grumpy as i am soooooo tired!!!!!!!!!!!!

how are you all doing?

hey guys.... where are you all? I didn't manage to get on last night as i ended up laid up wioth a migraine. Ive still got a fuzzy head but the sickness has stopped!

4 days then i have a week off work ! I can't wait

Hi people, im back!! What a wonderful experience ive had. Ive been sailing for the last 2 weeks with 2 groups of 14/15 year olds and its changed me big time. I wasnt someones mum or down trodden wife i was me, working hard, having fun, learning new skills and meeting new friends. I was only supposed to have done 1 week but felt so free and good about myself that i begged and pleaded with my boss to let me stay another week and he did. Perry wasnt best pleased, it severely interfered with his social life but you know what i dont care. any stick i may take cannot compare with sitting in the netting right out the front of the ship, at 3am, sea spray in my face watching stars shooting across the sky.
Diet has been completely out the window and i im probably back where i started but none of it matters, ive lost it once, ill lose it again. Feel like ive discovered who i am once more and you know what? im great:D

Wow. Sounds like a fab time. I'm dead jealous.:p

As for the diet. Most of it is head stuff anyway, and it sounds like you've made great headway in the that department :)

I hope so Karion, a bit scared that ill be bogged down with real life again soon but ive memories ill never forget.

You're stronger now though. Now you have the strength to make the right decisions for you;)

Hi DQ, doesnt look like ill be making bootcamp now though, never gonna get away with more time away this quickly. Dont think even my kids would forgive me for that. Got to spend half term making it up to them.

A mental boot camp maybe, but huge homemade trifles, cooked breakfasts and creamy curries havent done much for my waist line. A great workout pulling the huge sails up and down every day though.

I have used SW succesfully in the past. At the moment I am on Cambridge and doing very well. 10gs in a month! But Cambridge doesn't teach you about food and management so my plan is to rejoin SW as I come within a stone of my goal - and thus get into a good habit before reaching target. SW is great. Am really looking forward to starting it again once CD is over.

Back