Slimming World & PCOS

ClaireS84

I was just wondering what plans my fellow PCOSers find helps them with their weight loss?

I do GREEN days but I am not sure if I am defeating the object by doing this as aren't CARBS bad for us?

I do GREEN because it is cheaper for me.

I would love to hear from you all. :D

Hello :)

I do EE. The first time I joined SW, I hadn't yet been diagnosed with PCOS, and always done GREEN days, my weight constantly fluctuated, there was never a consistent period of losses, one week I could lose 3lbs then the following week I could gain it all back, even though I was doing the exact same as the week before.

So this time round I tried EE (as I do enjoy GREEN) but being able to have the meat as well without synning it I have found much better! x x x

I do mostly red - probably 5 or 6 per week with 1 or 2 green / EE. I agree green is certainly less expensive, but as I'm not a great veggie fan I'm a bit boring on the food variety front.

I do find I get very bloated if I have too many carbs so another reason not to do too many green days.

Hi! I do mainly green with a few extra easy days here & there as I dont eat much meat (former veggie!) & I must admit to liking my carbs.:)

My weight loss has been slow. It took me 18 months to lose 2 stone, but I have a very sluggish metabolism due to other health problems as well as the PCOS.

Last edited:
Trips said:
Hi! I do mainly green with a few extra easy days here & there as I dont eat much meat (former veggie!) & I must admit to liking my carbs.:)

My weight loss has been slow. It took me 18 months to lose 2 stone, but I have a very sluggish metabolism due to other health problems as well as the PCOS.

Glad it's not just me. :) x

I have had PCOS (diagnosed) for over 18 years now - been on SW since Jan and do mainly green or EE - I have just hit my 4 stone award and have regular periods every 5 weeks rather than every 9 months. I limit my carb intake a little - pitta bread once a week and pasta or rice once a week - jacket potato a couple of days but usually at lunch time rather than for an evening meal.

I have never stuck to a diet longer than about a week but this is it - it works and makes you better! Keep at it ladies
xx

Hi!

I've had PCOS for 10 years. Just started SW. Mostly do EE as I'm not one for weighing things. Have been taking chromium and folic acid along with following the plan. Can't take met as had bad reaction. so far have lost 1st 7lbs in 9 weeks!

JessieSOS said:
Hi!

I've had PCOS for 10 years. Just started SW. Mostly do EE as I'm not one for weighing things. Have been taking chromium and folic acid along with following the plan. Can't take met as had bad reaction. so far have lost 1st 7lbs in 9 weeks!

Wow that's amazing Jessie! I wish I could lose - just seem to be staying the same at the moment. :( Do you Dona food diary? If you do would you be able to send it to me please? xx

I do mainly green days,usually only do EE if i am going out, ive been doing sw since july 2010 and ive lost 6st 11lb,its the only plan that has ever worked for me,my periods are now every 28days instead of every 3 to 4 months...i was a bit wary of doing green days at 1st because of the carbs but im glad i took the plunge lol good luck to u all on your weightloss journeys xxx

hi there,
i also have pcos for the last 16yrs , i lost 6stone myslef last year, but stuck now with still 2st to lose so joined slimming world 3 weeks ago to see if it helps shift it, i have a very slow metabolism as well, im sticking to sw but my 3 friends go as well and have double what i have off every week doing the same thing, it gets so dishearting, the green and red options were never explained to us, how do they work?
thanks
rosebud

Hi ClaireS84

I dont' tend to so a food diary as I'm too easily distracted to sit and write one every day!

The main things I've changed since being at SW are having breakfast every day, I don't drink any fizzy drinks unless I'm out for a meal, and I use my syns to have choccie or crisps so I don't feel like I'm dieting! Also walking everywhere and taking the odd Zumba class!!

Jes
xx

Hi ClaireS84

I dont' tend to so a food diary as I'm too easily distracted to sit and write one every day!

The main things I've changed since being at SW are having breakfast every day, I don't drink any fizzy drinks unless I'm out for a meal, and I use my syns to have choccie or crisps so I don't feel like I'm dieting! Also walking everywhere and taking the odd Zumba class!!

Jes
xx

Cheers Jes

I am going to start getting on my Wii and do my Zumba. x

Hi ClaireS84

Jes
xx

I know what you mean about writing food diary - I use the online version, so much easier I can update on my phone.

I'm trying to get in at least one decent walk each week and a few sessions on the wii fit.

hi there,
i also have pcos for the last 16yrs , i lost 6stone myslef last year, but stuck now with still 2st to lose so joined slimming world 3 weeks ago to see if it helps shift it, i have a very slow metabolism as well, im sticking to sw but my 3 friends go as well and have double what i have off every week doing the same thing, it gets so dishearting, the green and red options were never explained to us, how do they work?
thanks
rosebud

Well done on 6 stones already :D I don't know the science behind how it works but for me I need more red days than green / EE.

hi there! i have pcos, and when i was doing slimming world, i always did extra easy and i managed to lose three stone in four months.....i think that for me personally, the pcos doesnt seem to affect the various diets that i have tried. i have lost weight on them all, and my only down fall has been the lack of will power rather than pcos!....i wish you luck with whichever plan you follow! xxx

Hi all,
My first post so I hope I am doing this right!!, reading all your posts has given me encouragement, am only recently diagnosed with PCOS and trying to conceive so started slimming world as my weight is just slowly creeping on, I want to conceive but also have some energy!! Am a member of s. world 4 weeks now, I have followed it very well but only lost 3lb in 4 weeks, my friend who joined with me lost 9.5lb so was struggling a bit with things. I think I have done better this week so here's hoping for my weigh in on Wed!!

I stick to green days because i really dont like meat and since the end of january i've lost 5 & 1/2 stone :) I always put a 1/3 of superspeed food on my plate (like they do on EE) and it seems to boost my weight loss xx

Glad to find this thread, I was diagnosed with PCOS about 8 years ago, I'm not on any medication as the dr basically said unless I was trying to conceive, they wouldn't help! I never went back after that. I started SW a week ago, and despite a weekend away have lost 2lb in my first week - am hoping a combination of EE and Green days will help me to lose weight - I have a lot of it going spare!

Back