Slimming World Quiche

Made these ones with onions, ham, deseeded tomato, eggs and a hexa of reduced fat cheddar....

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1412503159.984539.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Gonna try this on Sunday ready for lunches in the week - yummy!

had abit of my quiche today - was lovely but quite salty, not sure if it was baecuse I sued smoked bacon instead of unsmoked - would that make a difference?

had abit of my quiche today - was lovely but quite salty, not sure if it was baecuse I sued smoked bacon instead of unsmoked - would that make a difference?

I would say yes x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I would say yes x Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app
thanks for getting back to me, next time I'll try the unsmoked & hopefully it will taste better

Thanks Ginlin, will defo try that next time

I think these quiches are the nicest the next day after being in the fridge overnight - seems to firm them up a little.

Hi!

I love quiche, But I'm not too keen on Cottage cheese, I'd like to make a cheese and tomato version of the SW quiche, I always find that cottage cheese has a sour taste to it, does the quiche end up like this?

x

I line a muffin tin with ham, then fill with my quiche mix, which at the moment is onion broccoli and bacon, baked for 20-25 mins. Lush!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I love Slimming World crustless quiche,it's probably one of the best recipies that I found,I have a pot of cottage cheese and eggs and just add different vegetables to it which always acts as a quick stand by meal for dinner or lunch. Also I make little ones when I take my Son out for the day in packed lunches so I don't have to have sandwiches.

I prefer using Quark, as opposed to cottage cheese. Don't like Quark itself but in a quiche it easily takes on the flavours of the other ingredients and, as long as you use mature or extra mature grated Cheddar in it too (save some for sprinkling on top prior to cooking, too so it goes beautifully golden), it is really tasty! I tend to use 4 eggs for my large quiche dish so it firms up really well too. I make it for myself and partner (he loves it too) so, 2 x lots of HEX cheeses, means there's lots of yummy cheesiness (not sure that's a word!) going on. We usually have it with a jacket and baked beans or with SW spicy wedges and a side salad. Yum!! :)

Kathy

Hello

I've never made SW quiche before but want to have a go. Can anyone tell me:

- do you use the liquid of the cottage cheese or just the lumpy bits?
- Do i need to cook my vegetables first? I plan on leek which always goes really wet for me anyway :(

Back