Slimming World Quiche

What a goon.. Have read properly now! Was on phone before! Gonna try these next week, thanks!!

This thread has just reminded me to make a quiche as I haven't done this for quite some time now and when I make them I thoroughly enjoy them!! Red onion, bacon and tomato perhaps!!X

This might be a stupid question but do you sieve the cottage cheese before adding? I've tried to make this several times but it is always full of liquid I'm just wondering whether I should have removed the liquid before adding!

Thank you all for you ways to make quiche. I made it for the first time last night and after keeping my fingers crossed while it cooked . . . . it was lovely! My boyfriend also loved it and prefers it to the shop ones as the pastry is his least favourite part.

Im a traditional quiche girl, no pastry and no cottage cheese for me, its not needed i dont think...here is my recipe for bacon and mushroom quiche

• Six medium eggs
  • frylight
  • 200g smoked lean back bacon
  • Eight cleaned mushrooms
  • One beef tomato
  • splash of milk, from allowance
  • Salt and pepper to season
Set the oven to 210 degrees C or gas mark 7.

Break the eggs into a bowl and beat together with the milk. Season with the salt and pepper. Remember that the bacon will be quite salty so do not over salt the mix.
Spray flan dish with frylight,
Trim and chop bacon and slice mushrooms, add both to a preheated pan sprayed with frylight and cook until bacon is crisp and mushrooms are tender.
Add mushrooms and bacon to flan dish and pour over egg mixture, slice tomato and place on top...cook for 20/25 mins or until golden brown and firm to touch......mmmmmm delicious

Sorry if this has already been asked but I have seen people mention "the pasta based quiche" what is that? Has anyone got a recipe for it please?

I really like doing the Quiche with a rice base, add a healthy extra grated cheese to the rice then spray frylight buttery to the base and press the cooked rice and cheese in, to your egg and cottagecheese mixture add a tin of sweetcorn that you have blitzed and add to the quiche base, top with a full layer of thinly sliced Tomatoes and bake in oven for half an hour. Can divide up into portions and freeze but you will find that its so delicious that everyone will want some.

i made sw quiche the other day but with milk as a HEX a ,not keen on quark.just made another but made the smash pastry as a base...its lovely!I did part cook the pastry b4 i added the milk and egg mixture.Like u say its a great snack cold from the fridge x

I agree the quiche is great - the only thing is you should really syn it if using smash as a pretend pastry base and you are snacking on it. All the quiches I make are crustless so you really don't need to add the smash.

Was stuck as what to do for lunch but this sounds really good so might have to give this a try.

Katerpillar said:
Hey graciebabes! SW quiche is LUSH - definitely worth a go:

I use:
Mushrooms
Onions
Peppers
Courgettes
Plum tomatoes
Ham
(you could any veg that you wanted though - sweetcorn is an excellent choice!)
300g Very low fat cottage cheese
4 eggs

Fry mushrooms, onions, peppers (any veg that you have really) in fry light for a couple of minutes

Beat 4 eggs and add to the cottage cheese.

Add the veg and ham to the mixture and stir well - add salt and pepper / any other herbs that you fancy

Place in baking dish and cook at 180 degrees for 20 - 25 mins (keep an eye on it though as it can brown very quickly)

You could also add cheese from your HexA. Yum!

I will let you know how mine goes tonight! x x :D :D

Definately goons try that myself !! Thanks for posting !

This recipe sounds awesome... Planning to make it tonight. Is this a syn free recipe btw? I know all the veg+eggs would be free but not sure about the cottage cheese xxx

Hi guys, I'm quite new to this so hope it works properly, I've made the quiches several times however everytime there's always alot of water at the bottom, anyone any ideas on how to stop this?

Back