Slimming World Quiche

I've not tried making mine yet woody - Sainsburys messed up my online delivery, but I'll let you know how mine goes when I get round to it this week! x

Hi guys, I'm quite new to this so hope it works properly, I've made the quiches several times however everytime there's always alot of water at the bottom, anyone any ideas on how to stop this?

How much cottage cheese and how many eggs do you use? It will depend on you dish size. Also certain veggies like mushrooms can have a lot of water in them and so may need cooked first.

Hello can you use fromage frais instead on cottage cheese?
I find philly works just as well, if not better. That way, if you don't like the 'lumps' in cottage cheese, they are....obviously...not there. Plus you can add a bit of 'zing' with the garlic and herb variety..I am not too sure about the syn value though, you would have to use a fair few HEX B's..but shared over,a few days, for snacks, I don't think it's too bad..good luck.

When I make s/w quiche, for the basic mixture I use 300g of low fat cottage cheese and 2 large eggs, beat them together and add a little salt... I still do corned beef quiche (which used to be a syn free recipe way back in the olden s/w days when corned beef was to free) I just syn the corned beef now and instead of using a tin of corned beef mashed as the base I use less by lining the base of a flan dish with lean corned beef slices (usually in a pre-pack of 4) - and then pour the egg/cottage cheese mixture on the top. Bake in medium heat oven until set & golden brown on the top. Nice warm with baked beans or cold with salad.

I also like it made with tinned tuna chunks (drained) and broccolli florets (pre-cooked). Just put tuna and broccoli in flan dish, pour the egg mix over and bake.

:eating:

This is in the oven now, it looks like a watery mess!! :( I did 500g CC and 4 eggs... I've put it back in try and dry it out!

I popped it back in for another 15mins... It was beautiful :) a new fav!!

i made one earlier ready for tomorrow.........i can hear it calling me from the fridge, so i dont think its going to last til tomorrow :)

I use 3 eggs mixed with a tub of quark, add fried/reduced (frylight) onion, leek & bacon & finely grated cheese (HEX). Takes about half an hour & is sooooo good. Actually prefer it to normal quiche as I don't like shortcrust pastry. I use quite a lot of bacon so it's quite salty but I love that even more! x

Never thought of adding cous cous to the quiche, going to try that! Love a sw quiche with roasted med veg too, yum!

Good Idea!

I´m gonna try this recipe tomorrow night! I love couscous, it´s so fast (my kids loves too), but we don´t have quark or fromage frais in our country, I´ll try using non fat yogurt...

I love this forum with all these great recipes!:eek:

Thanks for sharing!

I´m gonna try this recipe tomorrow night! I love couscous, it´s so fast (my kids loves too), but we don´t have quark or fromage frais in our country, I´ll try using non fat yogurt...

I love this forum with all these great recipes!:eek:

Thanks for sharing!

Andrea , dont think yogurt will work, do you not have queso blanco 0%,, it really needs to be a cheesey thing, if not any fat free soft cheese will work, or make the syn free soft cheese from natural yogurt yourself, it wont work in its natural state as there is too much liquid in it.

I love SW quiche! Since I discovered this it has become a lunchtime favourite :)
I usually do one with roasted assorted peppers, mushrooms, onion, ham or bacon and topped with halved cherry tomatoes.
last time I did cheese and onion - added low fat cheese (hexA) as well as cottage cheese - yummy.
Whatever fillings I use I always 'line' my dish with slices of ham first - makes for a lovely base :D

Someone in my group does their SW Quiche with a boiled potato base, it was lovely!!!

Back