Slimming World Quiche

Mmm that looks delicious!!! Which recipe was that?

It was lean bacon, mushrooms and onion fried in frylight, and the mixture was a 300g pot of cottage cheese with chives, 3 eggs, salt and pepper, then topped with tomatoe.

I always whisk the cottage cheese with the eggs really well, and then you don't end up with the little lumps left in it;)

ham and beetroot quiche

ham and beetroot quiche is lush just line a dish with chopped lean ham and layer beetroot over the top then mix 4 eggs with a dash of milk :)

eye6769 said:
Andrea , dont think yogurt will work, do you not have queso blanco 0%,, it really needs to be a cheesey thing, if not any fat free soft cheese will work, or make the syn free soft cheese from natural yogurt yourself, it wont work in its natural state as there is too much liquid in it.

Oh no! :( I will think in a substitute, cottage cheese, maybe? Queijo branco it's not 0% fat here.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How long will it keep?

Ive just made one of these how long will it keep? If I put it in an airtight container and fridge 2 days max? What do you think? ... Many thanks

Mine's in the oven now, I drained it after 15 mins as i could see a lot of liquid on top.That's 2 lunches sorted.

Ive just made one of these how long will it keep? If I put it in an airtight container and fridge 2 days max? What do you think? ... Many thanks

I personally wouldn't keep it any longer than 2 days & also its so yummy Im sure you would have eaten it by then.......I made it yesterday & have eaten half of it already!

I didn't like the cottage cheese lumps so now I blitz it with a hand blender before mixing with the eggs. Works a treat and you can't taste it as such. Definitely need to try the potato base.

Finally tried the SW quiche yesterday and it was yummy! :drool:

I used a packet of Cheese and Broccoli Pasta and Sauce, whisked 6 eggs into it, added a tub of quark and added some chopped onions and bacon cooked with frylight. I lined my flan dish with ham and poured the mixture in and put it in the oven until the top was slightly browned. :drool:

Has anyone tried making the quiche with flavoured cottage cheese?? I was thinking of trying onion & chive?? Any thoughts?

I've tried flavoured cottage cheese before and it still turns out lovely and tasty. I tend to add some dried herbs or spice to give it a different flavour each time anyway.

I used silicone cupcake & mini star moulds to make my SW quiche into mini quiches today so I can pop one in my mouth whenever I open the fridge this weekend. A great deterent to anything calorific lurking in there!

i make mine in a pyrex oval dish
i dry fry 4 slices of bacon cut into small pieces with fat cut off with sliced mushrooms, in the pyrex dish i mix 250g virtually fat free cottage cheese with chives and half tub of quark and 4 eggs, then mix sliced spring onions the bacon and mushroom and top with slice tomatoes then put it in a preheated oven at 180 for 40mins then let cool

it delicous and not eggy at all! i think it tastes better the premade quiches from the supermarkets and its not lumpy like you would think using cottage cheese.

im new to slimming world and minimins so hope i got it right xx

Here's a bacon and mushroom s/w quiche I made last week.
8e5a6f48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That looks lovely! Which recipe do you use?

It is lovely! I use 300g low fat cottage cheese (either plain or onion & chive, both nice) 2 large eggs - mix them together, then dry fry or fry in fry light some chopped bacon & mushrooms, , (amount varies depending on what I've got in! usually at least 2 rashers) then mix the whole lot together and put in dish add sliced tomatoes to the top, bung it in the oven & cook until it looks done! :)

Spooky. As I type, I'm tucking into SQ quiche - ham (HEB), peppers, mushrooms, 4 eggs, half a tub of Quark, salt and pepper.

Gorgeous.

Missyt

Well my friend made sw quiche with quark, and i did it with cheese and chive cottage cheese, so we could try it both ways. We both added cheese as HA and bacon and mushrooms.

Both ways where lovely which is nice to know! Def be on the menu again!!!

I made one yesterday, my hubby is now a SW convert lol!
300g cottage cheese
3 eggs
2 rashers thick cut danpak bacon with rind cut off and chopped into small pieces
about 6 slices of ham
a small leek diced up into small pieces
4 mushrooms diced up into small pieces
2 tomatoes
tbsp tomato puree
s & p to taste
pinch of dried thyme
lined a pyrex dish with the ham, spread the tomato puree over the ham then add a layer of tomatoes. Dry fried the bacon, mushrooms and leeks in the actifry (I don't use any fat).
add the bacon mixture on top of the tomatoes, then beat eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper together and pour over rest of ingredients and sprinkle with thyme. cooked for about 40 mins in a moderate oven. There was a fair amount of water in the dish when it was cooked, which I think came from the cottage cheese so I turned it out onto a plate then placed another plate on top and drained it. It was lovely hot and I thought even better cold :)

Back