Slimming world take 2.....

Bettyboop23

Hi all, after joining, doing it properly for a few months and doing great, then losing a bit of motivation i left. I hoped to do it myself at home, but i failed miserably, Have half of what i originally lost back on in a matter of weeks so i am hoping that by rejoining a group and being accountable here, i can stick with it.

Rejoined a group last night and its a different one to my old one. I started trying to follow the diet again on monday though (its always easier to start on a monday i think?) and have been doing well all week. want to lose around 4-5 stone will see how i look as (i hope) i get smaller.

Today has been a good day so far...

Breakfast - homemade fruit salad (apples, pineapple, pear, banana, orange, grapes) with a fat free yoghurt

Lunch - small wholemeal pitta (heb) with ham, rocket cheese(hea) and relish (2 syns), handful grapes, tea with milk (1 syn)

Dinner- Stir fry chicken with wholemeal noodles and stir fry veg pack and oyster sauce (6syns)

Going to town shopping now and for a hot chocolate later which i will get on skimmed milk, which will bring me up to at least my 15 syns today if not a little higher, i dont mind too much though i will have less tomorrow to make up for it. All in all I am happy with today, know the syns are high BUT i am hoping to start cooking more myself and learn some new recipes.

So I was starving last night when I got home, so I had some crackers with cheese and relish :( not the worst snack to have versus say chocolate BUT it did take me well over syns for the day! Not a great start as some might say, but I need to stay positive, there was a major difference between what I ate yesterday and my usual daily diet when I am not being "good". Baby steps :) In the library for the day today doing assignments (i just started a masters) so I had homemade fruit salad with ff yoghurt for breakfast again, have brought a SW friendly lunch along with me and think i will try a new recipe this evening, these smash coated chicken gougons sound interesting just hope they dont taste like potato! Have a great day everyone :) xx

Yesterday went well overall, had filled pitta and tea at lunch but forgot my sweeteners so had to use some of my syns on sugar! pork chops with veg for dinner and later last night i made a sw friendly dessert for 5 syns,ff fromage frais with a chocolate options mixed in and strawberries and a crushed meringue,it was nice but quite tangy needed sweetener or something!

So proud of myself today finally went back to the gym after a 2 month absence! Feeling it now but happy i did it!

Food wise today iv had 2 eggs fried in fry light,some grilled rashers with my hexb bread with some light spread 3syns and ketchup 2syns and dinner was roast chicken and veg,had ketchup again and some stuffing which Im sure is high in syns, 3 cups of tea today so used my hexa on milk! Oh and i met a friend and we went to a local pizzeria (pizza is my favourite food) and even though my mouth was watering i just had tea whilst she had ice cream and i was happy out :) off to sleep now long day in college tomorrow but have made porridge for the mornin,and pasta salad for lunch,also got fruit and other healthy things in aldi earlier so Im all set for a great week,will prob go for a walk tomorrow stretch my legs Im sure ill be stiff after the gym! Night all xxx

So been really busy all week so havent had much time to be on here, had an almost 100% week except for going slightly over syns some day but i had very few syns later in the week, weigh in last night lost 5.5lb and Im delighted! Off to a concert now tonight and staying overnight going to try stick to plan as much as possible but know its probably going to be really high syns for me tonight between alcohol and bold food,but thats life,ill draw a line under it tomorrow and be extra good all week and hopefully i can maintain or have a small loss :)

sounds like you getting ur head round it, i just starting perhaps we can motivate each other...i just posted n feel like im eating too much...soo not sure...good luck

bma123 said:
sounds like you getting ur head round it, i just starting perhaps we can motivate each other...i just posted n feel like im eating too much...soo not sure...good luck

Sorry about the delay,how are you finding it? Yeah i love how you can actually eat on the plan,its my second time at it and first time around i was convinced somethin was medically wrong with me to be losing a decent amount every week with all i was eating ha ha :)

So this week was a mixed bag was away last Friday night and had dinner drinks take away and mornin after breakfast which i knew would happen,but i left the damage continue till Sunday night!i stopped myself then,had a brilliant week till weigh in last night but was hoping for a maintain at best,pleased to say i LOST 2 pounds so shocked but delighted!

However-this is where i failed before,the weeks i expect to do badly i dont so i have bad behaviour again the following week?its like i test the limits of the plan see how bad i can be and still lose,it started this evenin when i picked at my boyfriends kfc followed by crisps and chocolate :-( such self sabotage! But Im really gonna try not give in!have a nice weekend all x

Having a bad day today just in bad form and really want to just pig out,instead i went for a short power walk,did some study and tried a new recipe,turkey burgers!so good day all around but going to have some chocolate later!

Want to try revive my pitiful diary attempts,I am on here multiple times a day and spend so much time here I should actually be writing here and getting support myself too! I am doing well lately back to 2.5 stone weight loss after leaving and gaining a stone and a half,its taken me 6 months to re lose the weight that took me 6 weeks to put back on! Up down up down up down,but lately its been down down down :) hopefully I will make a few friends on here its nice to be able to talk!

Morning all

Was hoping for a lie in but lying here awake ages! Yesterday was good food wise and I kept within my syns, weigh in tonight-apprehensive as I have been losing solid for 6 or 7 weeks and anytime I gain it throws me into a downward spiral, tonight I am expecting a gain,was completely off plan last Friday and Saturday including a 3 course meal, huge ice cream,lots of crisps and sweets and a night out amongst other things, I knew I would be off plan so don't mind,but since Sunday I have tried to pull it back with healthy food and lots of walking would be delighted with a maintain or half up, we will see!

Breakfast today is porridge with a spoon of honey which I will syn. Only tried honey in porridge last week and I am loving the real sweet flavour rather than the artificial chemical one that sweetener gives so it is worth the syns in my opinion.

Lunch is homemade veg soup and some fruit,that is it till after weigh in as I like not to eat too much before it,just habit now I suppose!

Wish me luck and have a lovely day everyone :) x

Got lazy about updating all week so will just write about my week in general, went out last friday night had a wonderful time, dranks a lot and was completely off plan. Cue the hangover saturday and the very bad eating. Then I did the stupid thing I often do and said that since I am going to gain anyway this week I may as well have all the things i have been craving and depriving myself off. Lately I have been good to stop this bad behaviour the next day, but i didnt :( it continued for sunday and I wasn't great all week either - not awful but not good. I did however do a lot of exercise so I knew this would soften the blow. Wednesday night before weigh in I ate well over my syns (again things I had been craving) and yesterday too before weigh in I was the same. Anyway I gained but only a half pound so I am thrilled with that!!! Back to basics this week, shopping list and new recipes to try, as well as no alcohol and lots of exercise. Going on holidays in 4 weeks so want to lose a bit before then, i am currently at the weight I was before I left slimming world and just to kinda break that mental barrier and get my 3 stone award its been a long time coming!! Hope some people are reading this and empathise I hope I am not the only one who struggles like this! Have a nice weekend all :)

Todays food:

Porridge (heb) with grapes and honey (3 syns)

apple, 2 bananas

Homemade burgers with homemade salsa, sw chips, cheese (hea), salad and ketchup (2)

Will probably have a small amount of chocolate later too and more fruit.

So i really enjoyed the burger friday but didnt eat enough, went for a long walk with my friends and had no syns left to have anything, they got chips and the smell of salt and vinegar in the car was so nice, i actually resisted for about 15 mins but gave in then to the peer pressure and the smell haha, finished off the whole tray and didnt even enjoy due to the inhaling of them haha, felt so guilty frustrated and annoyed with myself, my perfect week was ruined on day one, saturday and sunday were both good but went over syns on both, as it stands i have 18 syns left till thursday for weigh in and I am adamant i want to have a perfect week!! it will be a struggle but a big accomplishment as I dont think i have had an absolutely perfect week where i actually count everything in over a year!

food today so far was porridge with ff yoghurt and grapes, homemade soup, cup of tea and a banana, will have more fruit in a few minutes! hope everyone is well:)

Proud of myself still haven't gone over the weekly syns and have 9.5 still left until Thursday :)

Food today:

Porridge (heb) made with water, ff passionfruit yoghurt, grapes

Banana

Homemade Soup, cup of tea, apple

Just about to have meatballs in tomato sauce and tagliatelle soon, topped with hea cheese and accompanied by rocket with balsamic vinegar, cannot wait :)

Zumba last night and I am feeling it today! Really enjoyed it though even if I cant get my hands and feet to coordinate for me at all!!

Weigh in tomorrow, nervous as I had a really good week this week after the weekends little slip ups and i know I will be disappointed if I dont get a good loss, fingers crossed anyway!

Todays food
Porridge made on water (heb) with grapes and a ff yoghurt

Homemade veg soup, a half punnet of strawberries, cup of tea with a dash (1)

Banana, tea with dash (1)

Cowboy pie with half rice and half chips and hea cheese on top- twas heavenly

Tea with dash (1)

That brings me to 104.5 syns for the week and I think the first week I have strictly kept under the syns and counted everything in about a year and I have exercised a lot too so heres hoping for tomorrow!!

Back