slimming world to ww

1eturner

Hi all

Although i threatened this last month i still haven't swapped, is there anyone out there who has swapped and is doing well im desperate to try something new?????

I have done WW in the past 6 months, got complacent with it after shifting almost 3 stone. Started SW about 10 weeks ago and have yo yo'd up and down each week so I am returning to WW.

Good luck if you decide to switch :)

I swapped from SW to WW around September, and I haven't regretted it. WW teaches me more about portion control, and I love the fact that you can eat more 'normal' foods and that it factors in real life - I can take my kids to McDonalds for a treat and have one myself!

My mother-in-law does SW and she kind of turns her nose up at WW, saying it doesn't encourage you to eat healthily, but I disagree.

My daughter and I have left SW and started WW {i did WW long time ago and lost 8 stone on it] then I went to SW with my daughter, I have lost almost 2 stone with that, but I find it hard to fit into 'real life' so I have changed back to WW and training myself into PP, joined a class last week

I have been doing the WW pro points plan for a couple of weeks now and have lost 6.5lbs and I'm LOVING it! I've been with SW on and off for the last 3 years and don't regret the change to WW at all. I find with SW that it is too easy to binge on carbs like pasta, rice and potatoes and there's something of a "you can eat a whole cake as long as it's made from scanbran, dust and hot water" attitude towards it all. Nobody should ever be encouraged to eat a whole cake! Like pikapiaaml says above, you will learn far more about portion control with WW, which is where I think a lot of us go wrong with our eating habits.

I have done SW in the past and have never lost more then 3lb's, it would always go back on the loose a bit of it again! I agree with portions sizes this IS my downfall and i am loving being able to carry on eating normally and have meals out or takeaways as long as it fits in my points. Good luck on whatever you decide x

I've been on and off sw for years and I can lose about 2 stone on it but I find it is very rigid, i'd stuggle to go out to dinner and stay on plan so I wouldn't bother to try and end up off the plan for a month. This is my first real attempt at pro points and I really enjoyed it, I should say I haven't stuck to it all week because my scales broke, but hopefully getting some today so i can be back on track, good luck what ever you try x

I have several friends who do SW, for quite a while, & it seems they all really struggle to lose. They are all still close to the same size as beginning of the year & are fairly dismissive of WW, but I've gotten to goal on WW & found it easy to follow PP & flexible. When we go out to lunch, it seems they eat everything & don't really pay a lot of attention to portion size & eat loads of bread, potatoes, etc. I don't know much about SW, but WW sure is working for me. I guess different programs work for different people.

I totally agree about over doing carbs like pasta on SW, there was nothing more motivation destroying than having a week 100% on plan and having a sts or worse. I did feel hungry at first with WW but that was because I was learning portion control and really I can't often tell you if I'm actually hungry or just bored or thirsty or can smell a neighbour cooking. As for WW not promoting healthy eating I have heard that too but in the end it does because we soon work out that healthier food satisfies us much better then eating say 3 chocolate bars and nothing else for the day.

I actually hadn't voluntarily switched from SW to WW but because of moving, and now I would never go back, it fits into my life so much better.

Hi, I just wanted to say thankyou for posting this thread! I am thinking of joining WW after been on SW since Feb 11, I have lost 3.5 st but past few months been on and off plan messing around with the same few lb and fixating on what I can't have so thinking WW maybe worth a try? There's a class near me tomorrow morning :) x

I've gone from SW to lipotrim to WW. At the moment I think WW is the best thing I've ever done. I can have treats with out feelin I've gone off plan. You can literally work out the points of anything & still lose weight.

I too switched from SW to WW and have not regretted it at all.
i found that SW did not teach me portion control and WW does, which is what i need most.
Say free food to me and i just eat!!!! so therefore not much of a weight loss.
WW is by far the better, for me anyways.

Hi,

I am a recent convert from SW to WW, and completely agree with the majority of the ladies in the thread. WW is so much more convenient, I don't have to worry about eating out, cutting things off of my plate etc. The biggest issue for me has always been portion control and actually now with WW I am really starting to get to grips with the fact that I can have a bit of the naughty stuff providing I compensate it with a healthier alternative somewhere else in my day. It may sound a bit premature but I definitely feel that WW is changing my habits for the better, where with slimming world you are encouraged to constantly graze throughout the day, providing what your eating is on your free foods list. For a binger it's not really the way to go. For me personally, with a young family I find weight watchers is for me.

I enjoy WWPP a lot more than SWEE (which suprised me). But, for users of this site, I find the WW forum much friendlier than the SW one! There are one or two posters on the SW forum that seem to be there just to tell people what they are doing wrong all the time. It depressed me in the end and I stopped visiting and then fell off the wagon with a bump. The WW forum is far and away nicer to visit and although it isn't as active, everyone is friendly without being condescending.

What I am posting isn't really what you were asking, but I hope it encourages you to give WW a whirl...

(Oh and I hope the above doesn't offend anyone).

Thanks for this post ..... it's helped me make my mind up too!
WW for me from now on :eek:

I think there are a lot of misconceptions about both SW and WW. Starlight is quick to correct these when they appear on the SW forum so I hope that you don't mind my doing the same here.

Both SW and WW promote healthy eating and 'normal eating'

It is perfectly possible to eat out while on SW as long as you either count your syns in the same way as you would points, or using flexi syns. By doing this there is no reason why anyone should feel guilty. You want a McDonald? You can have one, just not every day.

SW does not promote constant grazing, they are clear that you should eat only when hungry

SW is a perfectly healthy eating plan and the only one approved the Midwives Society for use during pregnancy

SW advocates portion control and by following their guidelines on incorporating fruit and veg into meals should naturally regulate the amount you eat

You can still have treats on SW, that is what syns are there for after all. WW does not advocate people using all their point on treats but some people will abuse that in the same way that some people abuse the availability of free foods on SW

If people are going out and eating 'loads of bread and potatoes' then the are not following SW properly so how can they expect to lose weight?

SW is completely flexible because it is just normal eating. If people find it rigid or struggle to fit it around 'real lie' then it is because they are either not prepared to make changes to the eating habits that made them gain weight in the first place, or not open to what the plan has to offer.

I really feel that both plans work if you are prepared to embrace them to the full, and think it is our failings as individuals rather than the plan that mean they do not work.

Good luck to everyone with their weight loss, after all we are all fighting the same battle.

It's all about personal preference & what ever works for you & your lifestyle. I've done both & for me WW is the most flexible as I can cook whatever I want & point it accordingly. On SW I lost 2 stone & was doin the red & green days as I couldn't get my head round EE. For me it was a constant headache working out A & B choices & not having the flexibility to have whatever I wanted for breakfast. If it wasnt a B choice I didn't have it cos I wasn't using my syns on breakfast.
When I went to WW for the first time my leader said"oh you come from the dark side" I told her" don't slag off the opposition & tell me how crap they are. Sell your product to me by sayin how good YOU are"
Give it a try & see the results. This was a claim in a recent newspaper :-
Patients who are referred by their doctors to Weight Watchers were found to lose about twice as much weight as those on standard weight loss care.

Of course SW does work for many people in the same way some people have success with WW or a VLCD. In my group back in the UK one guy lost over 9 stones in our group in just over a year. Everyone has a different life and different diets will fit into different lifestyles better.

I put on weight by secret binge eating, by going to the take away instead of cooking and doing things by having dinner with a friend or at a meeting going home and not wanting to make my BF at the time angry so not telling him I had already eating and having a second dinner. Since ditching the boyfriend, being diagnosed with BED and identifying the destructive patterns of my eating I have very much changed my habits. Unfortunately as I stated earlier I cannot always tell you when I am hungry or full so compared to my 3 years with SW I am finding WW to be helping in different areas. Yes I have brought with me some of the good habits I picked up from SW but for me right now I think it is the better plan and I cannot imagine myself going back.

After all the OP asked "is there anyone out there who has swapped and is doing well" I did swap and I am doing well. I am sure there are many others who swapped but didn't do well, and there will be those that swap here and back and to something else and back to both.

The most important part of any weight loss plan is not the food but it is our minds.

Whilst I get what you are saying, after losing 4 stone on slimming world (currently 4st 5 with ww)I can certainly see the benefits however phrasing in books and magazines saying "pile this on" have large serving etc, it can be of a detriment to people who require a different type of support and Outlook on losing weight. I will always be grateful for SW for teaching me to cook with fresh ingredients, however the portion control and the freedom to be able to check point values on the go.. for me WW is the winner. Also my skin is looking lovely at the moment - better than ever in fact. Whatever works for each person is fine, and I know others who love SW and are really sucessful with it. But at this point, WW is relaxed and enjoyable

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Back