Slimming World Triathlete

shiv247

I love reading other people's diaries on here so I thought I'd start my own! I've lost about 5 stone so far through a variety of methods but I love the structure of following a proper plan and getting weighed weekly. I used to be an avid daily weigher but I've actually removed the scales from my house as it was causing too much of an impact! I've got 3 more stone to lose hopefully in the next 5 months but I also race alot. I've scheduled 1 eveny a month up until November and I'm including a half ironman in that. The weight loss will certainly help. I train about 4-5 times a week but it's stopped having an impact on my weight :-(

Welcome in! :D

Thank you! I'm struggling to stick to my syns at the moment. I may have to do a couple of syn free days to make up for it if that works? I just like my snacks too much, have a sweet tooth and I'm not a huge fan of yogurt or fruit!

I was pretty proud of myself last night. Cycled home from the station, got soaked, jumped in my car to run some errands and I was intending to do a turbo session but I was exhauseted so just had some cottage pie and got my pjs on. An hour later I though sod it, got my workout gear back on and jumped on the bike. Was a tough 45 minutes but im so pleased I did it. that's 4 days in a row and I still need to run tonight!

I had a hideous day at work yesterday. Ended up staying late and felt like a night off from my planned run was totally justified but I forgot i'd agreed to go out for a run with a friend. I didn't want to let her down so managed 4 miles! One thing I am loving at the moment is having a cooked chicken in the fridge I can just pick at when I need too although with just me in the house it will go to waste so I may look for an alternative next week. I'm working from home today which I think will be good for me eating wise. I seem to pick more at the snacks in my handbag when I'm at my desk but being at home I've got more access to syn free food.

I'm working from home today which I think will be good for me eating wise. I seem to pick more at the snacks in my handbag when I'm at my desk but being at home I've got more access to syn free food.
Funny you say that . . . when I worked in an office my eating was completely out of control. I was constantly hungry. I'd have a decent breakfast (porridge), get to work and be starving by 10am, eat my lunch by 11am, afternoon snack would be gone by 12:30 and for the rest of the afternoon the snack vending machine was my best friend! :rolleyes: Now that I work from home I don't snack at all. If anything I have the opposite problem in that I often forget to have lunch! Isn't it strange how where we are affects our appetite.

Funny you say that . . . when I worked in an office my eating was completely out of control. I was constantly hungry. I'd have a decent breakfast (porridge), get to work and be starving by 10am, eat my lunch by 11am, afternoon snack would be gone by 12:30 and for the rest of the afternoon the snack vending machine was my best friend! :rolleyes: Now that I work from home I don't snack at all. If anything I have the opposite problem in that I often forget to have lunch! Isn't it strange how where we are affects our appetite.
I know! I'm not taking any syns to work with me anymore, just fruit and mug shots. If I really need to I can then use syns on the vending machine as I should have more spare but I'm hoping to kick the habit!

So Friday was a pretty rough day and I had to hold back tears in the office more than once! I finished the day with my appraisal which actually went well which I wasn't expecting! I had planned to go to slimming world on sat and have a treat night with the boyfriend after but forgot I was racing early on sunday morning so I switched. I had a bit of curry and vodka and coke and a cupcake on friday night and then was really good on sat and cooked steak and potatoes. Because I didn't go to group I've no idea what I weigh but I actually feel good. I know I'm working hard and sticking to plan for the most part. I am using alot of syns on chocolat though so I'm officially cutting it out from today! Sunday morning I did a 10k race and knocked 6 min off my pb which I'm really happy with. This week I want to fit in 2 short runs, 2 bikes and I'm doing 13 miles on saturday morning with a friend

Back