Slimming World V Weight Watchers

Can anyone give me some advice or explain sw,as i am having the same problem ,got to goal with ww,but i keep cheating and not writing my points down and slowly the weight is creaping back on,i am thinking of joining a sw class tonight

Check out the slimming world website and you can see and example of a 7 day eating plan. It's www.sliimingworld.com.

It just shows how different we are. What suits one person doesn't always suit another. I have done both SW and WW but WW is more successful for me. But they both work. And you also have to be in the right frame of mind to lose weight

Irene xx

i was hungry and miserable on it - and it did my head in looking everything up all the time and trying to remember how many points i'd eaten and how many i had left!

Horses for courses I was that way with SW lol Found it far too restrictive and I ended up fed up and disheartened

I did like WW but something that worried me about it was the idea that as I lost weight I would be 'punished' by having points taken away from me!

Another thing I love about SW is that it encourages you to eat various types of food and you can't get away with eating a bland diet each day. If you follow the plan 100% then each day you will be eating different things. (i.e dairy and veg and carbs and fibre etc) I had the tendency to save points and then have a day where I could just eat 3 mars bars or something like that on WW, and you just couldn't get away with that on SW!
X

You only lose one point as you go down each stone so you really barely notice it - thank God lol

Technically you could eat just 3 mars bars but thankfully I dont think anyone does ;)

Its funny reading the comments on here about the 2 diets, I feel the way about WW that most of you feel about SW, that its a way of life, a much healthier one and one I can carry on when I do get to goal. I definitely feel its re-educated me.

Ultimately we're all going to say 'our' diet is the best one ;) And thats true - which ever diet you can stick to and which works is without doubt - the 'right one' :)

I found WW a bit restrictive and I always felt a bit panicked towards the end of the day if I knew I'd eaten all my points and kept thinking 'what if i get hungry later!?' - I love SW at the moment and it is the only diet/eating plan I have ever done where I've felt confident about sticking to it long term. I did like WW but something that worried me about it was the idea that as I lost weight I would be 'punished' by having points taken away from me! And worried that even if I got to goal (which never happened) I would still be hungry all the time because the slim me wouldn't have many points to play with.

Another thing I love about SW is that it encourages you to eat various types of food and you can't get away with eating a bland diet each day. If you follow the plan 100% then each day you will be eating different things. (i.e dairy and veg and carbs and fibre etc) I had the tendency to save points and then have a day where I could just eat 3 mars bars or something like that on WW, and you just couldn't get away with that on SW!

Like many of you I need a big portion to fill me up. If I don't get that big portion then I cruise the kitchen looking for things to chew on. Which can and does end up being chocolate or bread most of the time!

Emerald
X

i agree with everything you've said there. GP's love promoting SW too - whenever you mention dieting they always mention it because they know it's a well balanced diet.

sw or ww

thanks for your reply i did suceed with sw but got to complacent after a few years the weight went back on slowly as my appatite got biger again with ww i have learned to eat smaller portions which are enough to keep me going if i have used all my pionts by teatime i keep myself busy that night and drink plenty water or juice to fill me up and so far its working i am 1 piont away from minimum points and some days i do find it hard but fiil up but eat lots of free food your doing so well keep it up x x

well, i joined sw years ago and it was a class that was more like an oap get together! ooh doris has only gained 3lbs this week and iris wow shes only gined 4lbs etc etc, the leader wasnt helpful and wouldnt explain and in the end after 3 weeks i weighed more than when i started!

So i joined ww where after only 9 months i had lost 2 stone! That summer i met my now husband and gained that 2st plus another one so off i went back to ww. I couldnt get back into it so joined rosemary conley just in time to lose 2 stone for my wedding but then the rosemary conley class ended and soon i found i'd gained 3 stone so off i went back to ww again but i really couldnt get my head round it so here i am at SW ready and raring to go! I like SW better but trying to get points etc out my head and healthy extras and syns in is proving hard!

I totally think that everyone is different! I have done SW and WW and definitely find WW more restrictive. Also, I think that SW is more healthy for me, I choose healthier options when I do SW, whereas with WW I tend to spend my points on WW cakes and stuff - it's just not healthy for me, though I did lose a stone or so.
I really think that SW is a way of life. I am doing cambridge at the mo, simply because I have 14 stone to lose and I need to do it quickly, but when I have just 2 or 3 stone to lose, I will be going back to SW to put me on the path of healthy eating forever.

I think it's definitely worth trying SW if you haven't tried it before. You will either, like me, love it and think it's fantastic - or you'll prefer WW, but until you go, you won't know. Lots of luck xx

Hiya. thought i would add my two pennies worth.
I have done ww, then ww, then Atkins, then ww, then Slim fast then ww, then Lighter life, then ww, then cambridge then ww then cambridge and have just started slimming world.
I started off at 11 stone (waaaaaaaaaaaaay back) and now after all that dieting? Its made me fatter! I am now half a pound under 16 stone!
I already love slimming world and havent even been tempted to cheat WHATSOEVER and normally my first week is the hardest! Then when i loose a stone thats hard too!

I would say try any diet out for at least a month and then see how you feel.
good luck.
xx

hi there tanks for your support and like your self i have been up and down so many times its just being in the right frame of mind if you can get through the first 6 weeks then you will make it the avarage dieter fails before 6 weeks so keep it up x x

What about core?!

Hi,
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the core plan when they are comparing SW with WW?:confused:I have been following SW for approx 3 months and in that time I've lost about half a stone!Which I think is pathetic.Yes sometimes I do go off plan - usually stay the same but mostly I stick to it 100% and still only lose 1/2 a pound!I tried WW years ago,did the points plan and hated it but recently heard about the core plan which seems very like SW but proper healthy eating and no measuring.It makes me laugh when they say you can eat big portions wothout measuring and no food is banned cos everything is synned instead and weighing out all the HEs and worrying what I've already used up does my head in frankly!So I've signed up to WW online thingy (with classes - 1st one on tuesday) and will be following the core plan.Hopefully this will be the diet that shifts a bit more weight,a bit more quickly!

I have been a memeber of WW for 2 years but lately have been in a slump. I can't seem to stick to the points, and I fear I've learned way too well how to work the system. I know its only fooling myself, but I think maybe because I've been doing it soo long I've fallen into bad habits and can't stick to the points and am not losing anymore. (I'm gaining).

I just posted another thread about my dilema. I love Slimming World and had great results, but it was 10 years ago when I lived in England.

I now live abroad and find myself really really wanting to do Slimming World again but am not sure if it can be done abroad?

I remember how I was always full, since there was plenty of food to eat and the plan was easy to follow.

I really love Slimming World, I hope I can find a way to do it abroad. Weight Watchers is great too, I think I'm just burnt out right now since I've been doing it so long.

:)

Shellydm

Hi
Slimming world sounds ok but there is no portion control on your meat and potatoes so you might be eating too much of these foods and dont lose weight
With ww you are portioned controlled so you dont eat too much

Gingernut

I can't say explain any clearer that you don't have to worry about portion control of meat when on Red or Pots on Green that is ( as said before) is why SW is the better plan.

Phil

Hi
Slimming world sounds ok but there is no portion control on your meat and potatoes so you might be eating too much of these foods and dont lose weight

I find (having been a SW veteran), that you learn what portions are right for you as an individual. On WW (which I have also tried 4 times) I felt I focused more on food, as I had to control what I was eating.

I can no longer eat massive SW portions and lose a decent amount of weight. My body has changed. So, I have adjusted it accordingly, cut my portions down, upped my activity (body magic) and the weight is coming off a lot better. But I know, I can have a huge meal one night and do not have to think twice about it!

SW also has developed many plans to suit everyone and actively encourages eating a lot of fruit and veg.

There is now:
Extra Easy
Original and Green plan
Mix to Max
Success Express
And when you are struggling: Fast Forward.

The great thing is, you can mix it all up. Try a day or two of one and then switch to another and still lose great amounts of weight.

I think all Healthy Eating Plans (not crash diets) have a place and different ones suit different people.

For me, SW is the only one I can stick to. But I know that people do fab on other diets.

Good luck to all who embark on this journey. Whatever diet we are on, we share a common goal, so we have no need to rigidly defend the one we choose. I personally will do any plan that is healthy and shifts the weight. If by next year, I plateau on SW and cannot shift weight for weeks, I would consider shifting to another option. Simple as!

Hi

On red and green there is portion control, you have to weigh your healthy extra's. On EE, no portion control, but at the cost of 1 HEXA and 1 HEXB.

I've done WW 3 times, got to goal, and gained it all plus 7lbs. I started SW this time 21lbs heaivier than when I started WW the first time. Who wants to spend their life counting points? Not me. As far as I'm concerned there is no way WW can possibly be a plan for life. SW on the other hand is.

Back