Slimming World Vs Weightwatchers...

yvonne85

need to be old goofy me
This question is for anyone who has previously done ww, but is now on SW. If you 'pointed' what you ate, on average each day, while sticking to SW methods, would it be more than what you'd be allowed on WW?

I joined SW, [well got the books from a friend]. I've read through it all, and i know how its meant to work, red days, green days etc. But can't get my head around it, because i'm so used to counting points.

I have a stomach like a bottomless pitt. Surely theres a limit when SW free foods are no longer free..?? E.g. Pasta...:confused:

i tried weight watchers once and i thought 'how the hell do people live like this?' i was bloody starving.

i challenge you to an 'eat off'!!!

you really can eat as much free food as you like. if i've got my eat on i can eat a 500g bag of pasta - preferably linguini with homemade tomato chili sauce and grated cheese on top. YUM!!!

Thats a good question Yvonne. Not sure that you can compare the 2 really though, but working out your points in a SW week would be a really interesting experiment

Oh & for the record I can honestly say Ive NEVER been starving on WW :)

i tried weight watchers once and i thought 'how the hell do people live like this?' i was bloody starving.

i challenge you to an 'eat off'!!!

you really can eat as much free food as you like. if i've got my eat on i can eat a 500g bag of pasta - preferably linguini with homemade tomato chili sauce and grated cheese on top. YUM!!!
Now that's my kind of snacking!

I've never done WW but my friend used to have her own class. She is now a SW consultant and say's she finds it much easier than counting points all day and that she can eat so much more now. Many of my colleagues have done both plans and prefer SW. I think it would work out that you would have more 'points' depending on your appetite but the type of foods you are filling up on may well be very different

I tried WW, was starving and hated the fact that you have to count fruit. I love SW, I eat like a horse and SW suits me. There are no limits to free foods as they fill you up longer.

yeah, i know sw & ww work in very different ways, but i was just interested to know. Curiosity really. :)

I tended to eat too much junk [but still stick within my points] on WW, so figured maybe SW would be better, as apparently i can eat as much free food as i like [inc MullerLights... spuds... pasta...[green]... or chicken etc [red] and still lose weight ? ¿ ?

:eek: Look at your WI results Vicky! Clearly it works... whether i understand it or not...

Well done! =]

yeah, i know sw & ww work in very different ways, but i was just interested to know. Curiosity really. :)

I tended to eat too much junk [but still stick within my points] on WW, so figured maybe SW would be better, as apparently i can eat as much free food as i like [inc MullerLights... spuds... pasta...[green]... or chicken etc [red] and still lose weight ? ¿ ?
Yeah I think that is a really good point. There is no guidance with WW as to what you use your points on but with SW the free food is free for a reason and it's all good.

They are both another way of calorie counting though.

If the same person did both diets and ate 3,500 calories less than they needed, both (dieter one and their clone) would lose a pound.

You just get to eat different things. WW points high on foods low in calorie density, and SW syns high in foods that aren't free.

It works out about the same for the same weight loss IYKWIM.

Both diets can be done healthily and unhealthily. I know....I've done them both each way:eek::D

Thanks Yvonne. Not updated it recently as ive been off the wagon but back on it now. Didnt realise your only up the road from me lol

I lost 4 stone on WW but like yourself I used my points for ready meals and ww cakes. I've been doing SW for nearly six weeks and feel much healthier and full (and lost 17lb) then I ever did on WW.

Its just all about what suits each of us best. I tried SW but because I just sickened myself of things. I got to the stage if I had one more bit of pasta Id have screamed.

I think we're all used to the diet that works best for us - I like my treats and find SW and WW Core far too restrictive for that. Ive found I eat SO much more healthily now Im doing WW and think more about what Im going to eat and make much better choices, and I can honestly say Ive NEVER been hungry on it at all.

Bottom line is whatever gets us successfully towards our goal weight is the best one ;)

You hit the nail on the head there Sandy, my job is irregular hours and involves going all over the place on many trains so I can't sit down to 3 meals a day and I can't be worrying about points or running out of 'allowance' before the end of a long day so SW suits me perfectly. But that's not the same for everyone

Hi

I did WW a while ago - found that I would run out of points and need something to eat later in the evenings, usually I wasn't even hugry but knowing that i could not have anything else made me want it more! With SW I find that after my evening meal I am not even looking for more to eat as I know I can have it if I really need it... I know other people on WWs who love the feeling of control about the amount of food they eat, so basically what suits one person does not necessarily suit all.

I also gained all the weight I lost with WWs but I have managed to maintain within my target SW range for the last 6 months.

I tried weightwatchers a couple of years ago and used to save about 20 points for alcohol at the weekend (talk about binging). I hated counting the points, and used to have most of them in the evening when I'm hungriest. I was constantly aware that I was on a diet, usually hungry and got sick of weighing everything and gave up after a few weeks. Slimming world suits me much better, I don't feel deprived and if I'm hungry I can eat. My diet is much healthier and I think I'll be able to stick with it for a long time. Some of the ladies at my group are very fussy eaters, and they're finding it hard as they don't like most of the free foods, so they may be better with weightwatchers. You have to find what's right for you.

I also think with weight watchers that it can work out more expensive, although the group meetings are cheaper, people end up buying a lot of the weight watchers branded stuff, which does work out expensive for what it is.
With slimming world you can make recipes the whole family can eat and enjoy.

i have never done ww but the decider for me was at least with sw i dont have to weigh things as im terrible at keeping count and need something simple. also i have a huge appetite and if its restricted by anything i only get hungrier beacuse i know i cant eat anything else

Some of the ladies at my group are very fussy eaters, and they're finding it hard as they don't like most of the free foods, so they may be better with weightwatchers. You have to find what's right for you.

That was why I found SW impossible. There were a lot of free things I didnt like, and the ones I did I ended up getting fed up with.

I like the fact that with my points I can have what I like.

Theres definitely not a right or wrong answer when it comes to the 2. On this thread most people prefer SW, post the same question on WW forum and itll be the opposite.

Back