Slimming World whilst pregnant

hjanea

Silver Member
Hello all!!
I'm a serial dieter and earlier this year I lost 30lbs on SW. I then went off plan for much of the summer and have put 14lbs back on. Some of this has been in the last few weeks whilst I have been undergoing fertilty treatment. Well I found out on sunday that (touch wood) it has been successful and I am 5+2 today.
I've been to class today and got details on what to do- 2 A and B's and my C is going to drop the form in that I need to take to the midwife in a couple of weeks. I've decided that I really need to keep on track as I want to gain as little weight overall as possible. I had pre eclampsia with DD and had her at 32 weeks because of it and being overweight, nevermind obese is going to increase my chances of getting it again.

So Friday 30th November.
Hex A-1&2)- skimmed milk.
Hex B-1)2 slices WM bread. 2) 2 alpen lights.

B- coffee made with 375mls skimmed milk, (I have this every morning).
S- after WI- alpen light, banana.
D- HM chicken and vegetable soup ( onion, potato, carot, celery, leeks, sprouts, chicken, stock cubes) with a ham and cottage cheese sandwich.
S- 300mls milk-4.5 syns.
T- Chilli (EL mince, onion, garlic, grated carrots, grated courgettes, mushrooms, passata, tomato puree, chilli powder, heinz 5 beans) rice and salad with 3tbsp VLF natural yogurt.
Supper- 375mls warm milk, alpen light.

ETA- forgot I'd got some raspberries so just had some with sweetener and some light aerosol cream.

Syns- milk-4.5, cream- 2. Total- 6.5.

I'm going to try and have the extra milk every day and syn it as I want to have lots of caalcium as it has been shown to help prevent pre eclampsia but my GP didn't want me to take supplements until I've seen the consultant which could be well into the new year.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Great news. You must be thrilled. :)

I am thankyou very much.

Saturday 1st December- 12 hour shift.

Hex A- 1&2- milk.
Hex B- 1)2 alpen lights 2)didn't have.

B- alpen light, coffee.
S- banana, alpen light.
D- chilli (as yesterday) rice, salad, yogurt.
T (at 8pm at mums)- roast chicken, frylighted potatoes, parsnip, carrots, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, gravy, crab apple jelly. Tiny sliver of cake that DD made.
S- hot milk.

Syns- gravy and sauce-5, cake-4. Total 9. Weekly 15.5/30.

Off to bed, I'm shattered and back at work at 7am!!

Well that was 6 weeks ago and I've been unable to stick to plan because of all day nausea that has only gone when I've eaten and I really haven't wanted to eat anything healthy. This week my nausea has reduced- I just have it first thing in the morning now and feeling a whole lot better generally so I'm hoping that I'll now find it easier to stick to. Been to class today and gained another lb. Thats 4 in the last 2 weeks. Because I'm overweight anyway I really want to reduce how much I gain if possible.
I have planned the next 6 days and tried to have my main meals and allow for plenty of snacks- sandwiches, yogurts and fruit to try and stop snackig on the 'bad' things- mini cheddars mainly!! I've made a SW quiche today so that I can use it for some meals and for in between snacks. I was thinking of cooking some pasta and keeping it in the fridge so that I've got that to snack on if needed. I still can't really face the thought of salad so I'm going to try and eat some fruit with every meal- I was a real salad fiend and I'm hoping my enjoyment of it comes back soon.

Saturday 12th january.
Plan for today is:
B-Coffee (hexA1), scrambled egg, tinned tomatoes, toast (hexB1).
D- SW quiche, Sw wedges, baked beans. Fruit.
T- roast something at mums-think it might be pork today. Frylighted potatoes, lots of veges, gravy and crabapple jelly-(6 syns).
Still to fit in 2nd HE's, yogurts and fruit.

I'm working a 12.5 hour shift tomorrow so tomoorws plan is;
B- coffee (hexA1), scrambled egg.
S- ham sandwich -1 syn for pickle (hexB1)
D- chicken hotpot (cooking today-chicken, onions, BNS, peppers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, herbs and spices- not sure yet), mashed potato, cauliflower. Yogurt.
S-ham sandwich, fruit.(hexB2)-1syn for pickle
Supper (once home) chilli and rice (need to defrost today). milk (hexA2).
Hopwfully there is enough there to stop me feeling ill.

Well today has gone OK.
B- Coffee (hexA1),toast (hexB1), tinned tomatoes.
S- 2 activia yogurts -1/2 syn for pineapple one.
D- SW quiche, mashed potato salad, baby leaves, cucumber, grated carrot, EL salad cream- 3 syns.
S- milk- (HexA2)
T- roast pork, frylighted potatoes, leeks, carrots, parsnips, sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, gravy, crab apple jelly, tiny bit crackling- 10 syns.
S-tiny bit free bolognese, 2 pasta twist, 1 heroes twirl- 2 syns.

Total syns-15.5. Happy with that.
Still to have my 2nd hex B but I'm not hungry so all being well ( I know its against the rules but I don't know how hungry I'll be at work tomorrow) I'm going to save it for 2 emergency alpen bars tomorrow just in case I need them. Rather do that than pig out on something at work- like toast and butter!!!!

Well what a disasterous week. Half the stuff I cooked at the weekend is still in the fridge- will be having some of it today and freezing the rest!! Just read a bit of my old diary and feel a bit more inspired. Going to get some lean stewing beef out of the freezer to make a casserole of some sort tomorrow.

Well 1lb on today!!

Todays food so far-
B- coffee (hex A1), melon, pineapple, grapes. 2 bread (hexB1), boiled egg, 1/2 tsp EL mayo, 1/2 tsp EL salad cream-0.5 syns.
D- uncle bens spicy mexican rice (4 syns- thought it was free- whoops but I was getting very hungry with low blood sugar so it was better than biscuits!!) mixed veg. Only took 4 mins to microwave altogether and I really needed it to be quick. Activia FF yogurt. Lots of water- rice was very spicy!!!

S- SW quiche, activia FF yogurt.
Tea- EL lamb, onion, carrot, celery BNS, potato, frylight, stockcube, gravy granules- all made into hotpot with peas. Muller greek lemon yogurt-0.5.
Supper- ham and pickle sandwich, decaff milky coffee- used hexA&B2.
Syns-uncle bens rice- 4.5, mayo and salad cream- 0.5, yogurt-0.5, gravy granules-2, pickle-0.5.Total 8/15.

I seem to have eaten loads today but I've really needed to as when I haven't eaten for a couple of hours my blood sugar seems to drop quickly and I NEED to eat. Think I'm really going to have to plan to eat lots of small meals/snacks.

Going to the theatre tomorrow 9matinee) to see wind in the willows. We are having lunch there so I shall try for something healthy- I'll take some EL mayo. I think breakfast will be full english and sauted potatoes and then I can take sandwiches and fruit for snacks. Tea is meatballs in tomato sauce- (already made today), with spaghetti and salad if I can stomach it.

Pleased with myself today- I managed to resist party food at DD's friends party this evening- especially as there were mini sausage rolls and the thought of them makes my mouth water!!!

Sunday 20th Jan.

Well I was very bad yesterday- started well with fruit and yogurt but then boiled egg with proper buttered toast. At theatre at beef and ale cobbler with big fat chips and vegetables, big slice of victoria sponge. Didn't have the planned prepared meatballs- got a pizza, loads of icecream and 3 bags of crisps- oh dear. I'm just going to write it off and start again today. So far I've only had my coffee (hex A1) but I'm going to have some fruit and yogurt now then sort out the rest of the day. I have some ham simmering for ham sandwiches this week and I think I'm going to make some vegetable and lentil soup to have at any time I need something.

I have some spotting today- just hoping its nothing serious. I have a dating and NT scan tomorrow- just praying all will be OK.

Tring to remember what I had yesterday. 2 coffees made up my hexA. Had some naughty white bread and butter before lunch. Lunch and tea were spaghetti and meatballs- wasn't very hungry at teatime so left a fair bit. Can't remember what else I had- not a very SW day really.

Monday 21st.
Had my dating scan- baby measures 6.2cm from head to bum and was wriggling about loads. I'm just hoping now I can start to relax and enjoy my pregnancy a bit.
B- coffee- HexA1.
banana, blueberries, activia FF yogurt.
Work snacks and lunch- 1 bag mini cheddars (6), 1 alpen light (3), 4 bread -HexB1&2, ham, pickle (1), banana.
Tea-lamb hotpot- lamb, potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, BNS,frylight. With mixed veg- peas, sweetcorn, carrots, green beans. Greek mullerlight (0.5). Caramel from heroes (2).
S-coffee- hexA2.
Syns-12.5.
Exercise- walk through thick snow to hospital and back for my scan- about 30 mins.

Now that I've had my scan I'm going to try and do a bit more exercise- I have an old video for a pregnancy workout so I'll hunt that out and I'll try to fit in some swimming now that the costumes i bought from ebay have come.

Work again tomorrow- snow permitting. Plan to take similar food with me to have lots of small meals/snacks which seemed to work well today. Not sure about tea- DD has swimming so we are out 4.15- 5.30ish. I think I'll either have a jacket with tuna or a frylighted fryup.

Congratulations in your pregnancy! Did u hang out on baby expert by any chance? I think I remember you from lttc when I was trying for my daughter? She is 3 now although I've been trying for number 2 for 13 months now. Anyway, thrilled to hear your news xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back