Slinks back in with tail between legs

"Just a quick update to say that I weighed in last night and have now lost 14.6lbs!
I am so pleased it is untrue."

Wow! That is absolutely fantastic. Well done, Laura; it's thoroughly deserved. Hold onto that feeling.

Big kiss.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxxx

Laura , blimey thats great in 10 days 14.6 wow , i think i'm going to drop to SS tale away the 200 kcal meal , i need to be moving or is that trucking hehe . Lets keep trucking moving Jogging you name it we up for it ! :)

Well Done Laura - Over a stone gone WOW

Just thought I would pop on laura to see how you are coping with the abstinence. I cant wait for weigh in on Monday.

Been doing really welll since going back on the packs a week last Monday. Coped well going out shopping with Mum last week and she was really supportive and even said that if I want eating she would take her own food with her as well. We spent 4 hours at the new Boundary Mill in Colne. Shopping heaven or hell depending on your frame of mind I suppose. Any way it went OK and i said it was OK if mum ate in the cafe. Stuck to fizzy water and a bar.

Glad to hear the trousers are feeling better already. Mine are too!! Someone commented today had I lost some more weight. They must have been wearing fogged up glasses if they didnt notice the increase inbetween or they were just being kind.

Going to Mums with kids tomorrow and she asked the question are you eating or not tomorrow. Why ask when she knows what I am doing?????

Hope yoyu have a good weekend and can fully empathise with the other 1/2 being able to eat like a horse and it not affect him. Mine is also like a rake and he eat everything and anything. Keep the demons at bay at weekend and hope to see you at weigh in on Monday.

Hey hey Laura! Great going on your loss!!! I knew you would sail through this!!! I have not been on much the past week to post but have been watching, and I'm so glad you muffled your chatter box. Pesky things them!!

Anyway, just wanted to say I am so pleased you are feeling bright, and light, and things are going your way! You deserve it!

Go Girl!!! :bliss:

Hi everyone

Way to go Lena with your weightloss - you are looking fab girl! So pleased that your mum is being supportive. It makes all the difference to have them on your side. 4 hours in a shopping centre.... ouch! I just don't have the stamina for that kind of trip - did you manage to get any bargains>?
Keep it up - you are doing so, so well. See you soon Laura

Thanks for all the messages of support guys, you are all lovely. I found the weekend tough - mainly because as soon as I lose weight in abstinence it sends the hormones crazy so have been suffering with TOTM from HELL for the past 12 (yes... 12) days... but hey, the weight is still coming off. Running total of 16.6lbs as of last night!!

Hope you are all well
Big kisses to you especially Mrs L (hope you are ok?)

Laura
x

Wow - its good to see so many familiar names.........

Well I am back too, with my tale between my (fatter) legs - having achieved so much I cannot believe I allowed old habits undermine everything - so here I am back in refreshers with 3 stone to loose - maybe the councelling this time around will actually stick and I will learn to deal with my food issues once & for all.

Anyway, must not dwell - looking forwards and determined to beat this. I have read all the posts on this thread & could've wrote it myself. Good to be back with the support on here, we will not fail.

Mornin' all:thankyou:

Why the big 'thank you', well it's just for being there when I'm struggling. Minis is the place to go for a 'pick me up' when I'm beating myself up (again). Where else can I chat to like-minded people who understand, and help me when I can't see the wood for the trees.

Yesterday, my daughter asked me whether I would go back on LL. I felt so sad to have let her down. I remember this time last year when things were so different:sigh:. It's my own fault, of course.

I have been thinking about trying CD instead of LL. From what I can gather having read other threads, I can go to collect the packs at a time to suit me, rather than attend meetings on a particular evening (which is just not possible at the moment). Quite apart from the cost element, of course!

Anyone know of CD counsellors in Falkirk?

AJ

Hi girls. I know I am not on the vlcd wagon unfortunately but I thought this thread was so cool I'd leave a message telling you all!:D

CC- Lighterlife seems a great choice for you, you understand all the counselling aspect so well. I found much of it hard to grasp and put into practice. How much weight did you lose?

Keep up the good work everyone!

Well falling off the wagon already!!! Its TOTM and I always struggle around this time - or is it that I tell myself I will struggle and give myself permission to lapse, whichever one it was (probably the latter) I gave in to it. I wont go into detail, except tosay it was not good and now I hate myself at my lack of control over this weight thing.

Will I ever be able to beat it?

Hi Laura,

I am doing a restart on Friday and am actually looking forward to being in control again.

I dont think you should of called your thread slinking back as I feel what you have done is very brave and honest. To come on here and admit what you have done will definately help others. Reading some of the posts made me feel I can do it the 2nd time, it may even take me a third time as like you I have very serious problems around food, but you know what, I am gonna do it not matter how many times.

Just wanna say that I hope you get as much out of the thread as you are giving, if you know what I mean, make sure you do.

I will keep you informed of my progress.

Hi Everyone

Laura - FANTASTIC achievement!! Really fantastic. Very proud of you.

AJ - I saw your note and felt sad. Please don't beat yourself up - you'll just make yourself feel worse. May I ask you a question? Do you feel ashamed about going back to LL? The reason for asking is that I stopped going to class for a while because I felt I didn't need it (and felt like a failure) but guess what? Since I've been going back, I get so much out of it. It's the constant chats with people who are going through exactly the same thing that makes the difference. It's a like a real-life Minis session, if you know what I mean. Does your LLC run a Management group? If so, can't you join that with no pressure to buy packs? That's what we do. I just hope you are getting the support you need and please, please, please don't be hard on yourself. As our LLC keeps reminding us, it takes 5 years of maintaining weight before you can view yourself as 'safe'. Have a look at the wheel of change stuff - it's going to take time to learn all the new skills. You didn't put on all that weight in one year so please don't expect to have it licked within 12 months.

SkinnyMinny - I SOOOO know what you mean. TOTM is a massive trigger for me and it doesn't help when I am in pain and feeling super bloated and lardy. Those pesky hormones play tricks with your mind. I think you are doing packs so, if you are, maybe split them up so you have food more regularly. Or, if all else fails, have an extra pack. I know, that is almost heresy!!! But, sometimes you just have to adapt. Don't beat yourself up; try to plan around the fact that your cycle needs extra attention. Easier said than done!! But it is possible, honest.

Good luck everyone and massive congratulations to Laura!

Big kiss.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Evenin' Mrs L,

"...Do you feel ashamed about going back to LL? ..."

The big problem I have is arranging childcare for my kids in the evenings between 5.30 to 8.30. Hubby works away and both kids attend after school events. My neighbour, who did occasionally look after them, has just had another baby (what a shock that was for her). I just thought that trying CD, apart from it being cheaper, would be more flexible for me at the moment. Of course, I would feel awkward too, going back to my LLC!

I think your LLC is absolutely right though. As with a lot of additions or addictive behaviour, sometimes we need to learn our lessons several times (like going into rehab a few times) before it all finally sinks in and we actually begin to succeed in maintaining our loss. I guess I just have to be patient, and be like that spider who 'tried, tried and tried again...'

AJ

Hello everyone

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days - been busy, busy, busy!
It was my birthday on Friday (28 !! eeeek How did that happen? It sounds so... grown up.... eeek!).

Had a lovely weekend and felt really good in a few bits of clothes I treated myself to.

I have one major issue at the moment (and amazingly it is not food!!) it is my flaming hormones. I am one of the unlucky ones who as soon as I lose weight... TOTM just "arrives" and never leaves. It has been 20 days now with no break. I know the reason why ... but it is not making me feel any better. So I have had to make a decision to drop down a level from full abstinence in the hope that is the weight loss slows.. the side effects will lessen. I really didn't want this to happen - but there is only so much I can take. I am also working huge numbers of hours at the moment - and feeling this weak and watery (from the side effects) is not helping.

So currently on 3 packs and one protein/salad type meal and will sustain this until I reach goal. I have to say I am a little sad about the setback - but you have to go with what works for you in the end - there is no use "battling on" with something that appears to be causing untold mayhem in my body.

Weighing in tonight so will see just how much this has slowed the weight loss down - fingers crossed not that much... but I know I am out of ketosis so we will see.

Thanks everyone for your congratulations and well wishes - it really means a lot to me.

AmandaJayne - If you think that Cambridge will do the business for you then I say go for it. But I would advise that you make sure that you are in the most positive state of mind you can be about it. If you go into abstinence as a punishment (which is what it sounds like reading between the lines) you make the journey so much harder for yourself (believe me - I know). Like Mrs L said, your post made me feel so sad. The disappointment coming out of your words was so apparent. However, I love the spide analogy - we have to keep trying again but most importantly... allowing ourselves to learn along the way. I learnt so much from my binge eating just before I went back on packs this time - because I allowed myself to learn from it by not spending all my energy beating myself up. Look after yourself AJ, sounds like you need it.... keep us updated - it is lovely to hear from you.

Have a good day everyone and good luck to everyone on a re-start -
Love Laura

Hi Laura , 20 days , how have you coped girl , yes i think you have to soer out adding the chicken salad or fish . I have been having ham , but i should not have been , had chicken tonight but only a slice , as my scales are not moving Arrrrr . Won't be long till you reach goal !
Hope you get a good weight loss , and happy birthday for friday just gone , i'd love to be 28 again lol

I don't know how I have coped and still no let up even with eating a meal for the past 3 nights... boo hoo woe is me!

I weighed in last night and have gained 0.4lbs in the past 3 days - not too worried about that as I am retaining water and I always have a little jump when I come out of abstinence, it should start to fall again now. Keeping up the water and crossing my fingers that my plan to stop the side effects works!!!! Oh to be a man for a month..................

Keep going MrsJMC and thanks for the birthday wishes - lets keep on going together
xx
cc

Yes being a man , you really need to be one at the moment hehe . See how you go , but you must feel drained !!
Its amazing how you can still gain when still eating so little , but you know its going to work itself out . Like me i am finiding i'm lossing inches but the scales really not moving i'm ok with that , well we have to be cos we can't give up . Yes lets keep going , that we must do !

Hya guys, felt I needed to post...well after my "binge" last week, lucky the scales were kind and I sayed the same. So I was quite happy with that all things considered. I am now back on abstinacne with a vengance and finding it tricky around the weekensds especially the bank hols.I am already feeling slimmer and my clothes are starting to fit better, so I know this is working....oh to get through the next 2 1/2 months!!!!!

Time to fess up once again.... After my TOTM problems last time, having to have a whole raft of tests to see what was happening and being given hormone treatments to sort me out... I am right back where I started.

I was told while I was undergoing treatment to eat conventional food as a VLCD or even a LCD was not appropriate as I had to eat solid food before each tablet. This really threw me I can tell you- and once again, it all boils down to choice and responsibility.

What I should have done was, eat sensibly and follow a RTM type menu.... What I actually did was use the "enforced" eating as a great big fat excuse and ate whatever the hell I wanted. Fair enough, the hormones I was given did affect my appetite something rotten and I have to take that into account (being starving all the time) - BUT, at the end of the day, I ate foods and in such quantities, that I couldn't possibly be ignorant of the fact that I was causing damage to my weight maintenance.

So here I am again today - Day 1 of abstinence. The sad thing is that every time I do this, I have less and less support around me. My mother - who is wholly sick of hearing it - is so dead against me going back on packs, that I will have to lie this time and pretend I am doing it with healthy eating (which could be difficult in some situations - I will have to be devious!). My partner just wishes I could stop the yo-yoing and stop obsessing about it one way or the other.... all in all - I think I am on my own this time round.

In a way I can see everyone's point of view - going back on foodpacks when you have gained some weight can be seen as a crutch and "the easy way out" - because - particularly for me, I can lose a lot of weight in a couple of weeks. This is leading to me having a bit of a distorted view of consequences. I know that I can put on about a stone and still get all that weight back off in a week to 10 days (I have a massive glycogen load). But in the "real" world where you have to lose weight just by cutting back on conventional food - losing that kind of weight can take up to 2 months....

So am I really suffering the consequences of my "sod it all" lapses and learnign my lesson??? Probably not....

Hmmm... but then the pull of foodpacks to take away the discomfort and plain embarassment of a sudden weight gain is just too strong.

I have just re-read this thread from last time and I am pleased to say that despite my misgivings about my choice of weight loss method. I am still just as fired up to get this done this time. I have uncovered my biggest trigger so far and I am doing my best to eliminate it. The trigger is my day job - I hate it, it makes me feel useless and stupid and I do not have the ability to really "shine" at it - I am the kind of person who needs to feel that they excel at something for me to be happy and at the moment I can't even do the basics. The job is poorly supported and there is no training or devlopment available to improve the situation. All in all I have lost all feelings of self worth and self esteem and it is therefore no suprise when I feel so much like a failure that it is seeping into other areas of my life - such as my weight maintenance. It was a massive lightbulb for me when I realised what was going on - (I was genuinely unaware how much it was affecting me until I started crying when discussing it with my partner last week!! How strange that I could keep the truth so well hidden that even I wasn't aware of it until now! That's misplaced pride for you).

Anyway - armed with that powerful knowledge - here I go again. Hope you are all not too sick of my general warbling on - keep in touch

Laura

Back