Slinks back in with tail between legs

If you are having TOTM issues that result in excess bleeding etc then have you thought about having a Mirena fitted?

I was going to have a hysterectomy last December for a variety of issues and my gynae mentioned the Mirena as a last resort. I had tried oral progesterone and almost turned psycho etc.
I reluctantly tried the Mirena out in January.

The first few months drove me crazy with spotting as well as the usual but now that has stopped and everything is hunky dory. I am hoping that my TOTM will be no more at all in a few months cos it can do that to some women.

For PMS take vitamin B6 supplements.

Hope that helps. Fell free to pm me if you need to chat. x

Hi Laura,

I can only imagine how you are feeling. The only advice I can give you is to set smaller goals and maybe more goals. I am up to three a day now and I just do it sometimes they are small and some would say insignificant goals but its so nice at the end of the day to look at that little list and tick everything off.

Good luck and by all means let us know how you are doing.

T

Hi Laura

Just reading through your lessons, their fab and well said, infact I am going to print them out and read it each morning! I know, I know it all, but its very well said! You've kept me from the cupboard thank you !

Hi Laura

i know exactly what you are saying having been forced to stop lighter life myself because of tummy problems.The first couple of days i was very good and pleased to have lost .2kg at a pop in on saturday.Then i went shopping and made the fatal mistake of buying bread and butter,and before i knew what was happening i was eating jam sandwiches at 10oclock at night.Yesterday i had fried egg and fried bread fish and chips,a mars bar,two corned beef sandwiches and a half bottle of wine.
Needless to say my tummy bug is better,but the feeling i got from indulging in my favourite food because i could ,was awful.

i felt sluggish,bloated and uncomfortable all day.

NO MORE.

I AM BACK ON PLAN THIS MORNING and i dont give a stuff what anyone says.One more day off plan and i will be lost forever.

so i am well down my first 2 litres of water and have had one meal pack and luckily my weight is still the same though i don't know how.

I really thought i had those bad habits beaten ,just shows how wrong you can be.

good luck girl you can do this .

love liz

Hi everyone,

Thanks for replying to my thread. Lemma - I have tried Mirena before and I couldn't get along with it at all. I was in horrible pain the whole month that I had it fitted - I was so glad to have it removed. It is a shame because so many people have recommended it to me - but it just doesn't suit. The answer (now that I have had all my test results back and everything is fine) is to stop yo-yo-ing with the diet. Sudden weight loss and weight gain is what is causing the problems - so I need to level out once and for all.

Tange - you are right about smaller goals and that is what I am going to do. First goal is to get into Ketosis as fast as I can. Second goal is to complete a full week, third goal is to lose 1 stone and 4th goal is to lose the second stone... after that I will re-evaluate. Thanks for the tip though.

Thanks for the lovely comment Helturner - I am glad you took so much from my posts.

Hi Cookie, it is a bugger when you are "forced" off the programme - it just takes away all motivation in one fell swoop. My only advice for you would be based on my own experience. Make a food plan and stick to it like glue. If you treat that food plan as strictly as you would with foodpacks - you can't go wrong. Don't let the "grey area" of what is "good food and bad food" sneak in. If it isn't on your food plan - you don't eat it - plain and simple. I did this to start when I was first taken off abstinence and I continued to lose. Then I got complacent and stopped planning - (if I am honest because I felt so resentful that the weight loss had slowed so much and it wasn't FAIR!!!! rebellious child overload!) as soon as I stopped planning - it spiralled out of control.

Good luck with it all and keep in touch
1 coffee
1 pack
1.5 litres of water down.....

Cheers Laura

Back