Discover Slinky's 'get to goal' diary

Slinkydawg

Silver Member
Tomorrow is the day I start my journey to goal - again. I followed ww a few years back and got to my goal of 9st (from 12 ). Somehow it's almost all back on as I expect to weigh in tomorrow at 11stone. I've been messing with slimming world for well over a year now and have finally admitted it's not working for me.

I've dug out all my old food diaries and have planned tomorrow with points to spare. I imagine I'll need them though.

I hope you'll all join in advising me and cheering me on, as I will you. I know most of you do pro points now but I guess it's the same downward journey for all of us. Any support is very much appreciated.

Catch you tomorrow.

Ok, day 1.

Weight: 10st 13lbs

Food for today:
B, 30g frosties and skimmed milk-2pts
S, 0 point broccoli soup
L, salad with a mini wrap and salad cream-2points
S, mullerlight-1.5?
S, apple-0.5
D, chilli (using stewing steak), jacket potato with mushrooms and onions, dry fried and mixed with a spot of lf fromage frais - 9 points

Total planned so far: 15/20

Was supposed to be out for a family picnic today with my two daughters but we've decided on a carpet picnic and a bike ride later, it's a bit damp here for traditional picnics!

My hubby is doing ww with me and he was horrified to weigh in this morning at 18st 9lbs. His day is planned to a t also but he's at work all day so hoping he can avoid other temptations.

Pleased to report that day 1 went well. I probably went ever so slightly over my points, but i can cope with that.
Today is day 2, and my first day at work following the plan. Hopefully ive brought enough stuff to keep me away from the biscuit tin.

B: hot choc and a mushroom and onion omelette (2.5)
S: velvet crunch (1)
L: prawn salad (2)
2nd lunch: jacket potato with 0 point bolognase sauce (2.5)
S: mullerlight (1)
S: 0 point brocolli soup
D: pork loin (3.5), mash (3), veggies
S: jelly and meringe (1)
Total: 15.5 so far

Hubby had points to spare yesterday, but he is allowed 30 points. Were both enjoying the structure and discipline again. While i was attempting sw, he was just stuffing his face with anything so i think he was relieved when i suggested doing ww again. Fingers crossed for a sucessful 1st week.

Slinkydawg said:
Ok, day 1.

Weight: 10st 13lbs

Food for today:
B, 30g frosties and skimmed milk-2pts
S, 0 point broccoli soup
L, salad with a mini wrap and salad cream-2points
S, mullerlight-1.5?
S, apple-0.5
D, chilli (using stewing steak), jacket potato with mushrooms and onions, dry fried and mixed with a spot of lf fromage frais - 9 points

Total planned so far: 15/20

Was supposed to be out for a family picnic today with my two daughters but we've decided on a carpet picnic and a bike ride later, it's a bit damp here for traditional picnics!

My hubby is doing ww with me and he was horrified to weigh in this morning at 18st 9lbs. His day is planned to a t also but he's at work all day so hoping he can avoid other temptations.

At least it wasn't into 11 stone. I'm doing ww too I'm. 11 st 4 lbs weigh in tomoro so hope to be less than that. Good luck

Thanks both. After a sneaky wi this morning (I can't help myself), I am 1lb down and hubby is 4lbs down. Pleased with that. Even feel a little less bloated today.

Today's food, day 3
B, tomatoes on toast, 1.5
S, banana, 1.5
L, White cob with smoked salmon, side salad and pickles, 4.5
S, velvet crunch, 1
D, poached haddock, veggies and mushy peas, 6
S, jelly and meringue, 1
Total, 18.5

Slinkydawg said:
Thanks both. After a sneaky wi this morning (I can't help myself), I am 1lb down and hubby is 4lbs down. Pleased with that. Even feel a little less bloated today.

Today's food, day 3
S, banana, 1.5
S, velvet crunch, 1
S, jelly and meringue, 1
Total, 18.5

Ahh that's good! Although sneaky weigh ins can knock you sometimes! I found out the hard weigh!! Lol I'm down 4lb today so I'm delighted! Me boyfriend is doing it with me too! He's down 4lb this week also, good luck

Slinkydawg said:

Today's food, day 3
S, banana, 1.5
S, velvet crunch, 1
S, jelly and meringue, 1
Total, 18.5

Well done to you and your OH,food looks good for today :0)

Karensplan said:
Ahh that's good! Although sneaky weigh ins can knock you sometimes! I found out the hard weigh!! Lol I'm down 4lb today so I'm delighted! Me boyfriend is doing it with me too! He's down 4lb this week also, good luck

Ah, well done. 4lbs in a week is amazing for a female. Last time my hubby was losing 6-7lbs a week while I was losing 2 at most.

Gone 2-3 points over today but I've had to guess my evening meal as we were eating out. Hopefully I've overpointed.

Morning, been a bit too busy over the weekend to update, but here i am. Weigh in was this morning and ive only lost 1lb, but i guess thats better than a gain. I had a bad day friday after absolutely no sleep so i was a bit annoyed with myself, and i assume thats the reason for such a small loss.

Todays food
B, mushroom and onion omelette (1.5)
S: apple (0.5)
S: small banana (1)
L: jacket potato and chilli (3)
S: yog (1)
D: salmon (4), jacket pot (2.5), veggies (0), mushroom sauce (1.5)
S: meringe and jelly (1)
Total: 17/20

Morning. Managed yesterday to not need my velvet crunch nor my jelly and meringe, but i did end up having a small beer so that probably evens out.

Todays food:
B: onion, mushroom and sweetcorn omelette (1.5)
S: banana (1)
L: jacket and 0 point chilli (3)
D: pork ribs (?????) actifried chips (3) and salad (0)

Absolutely no idea how to point the ribs without weighing them before eating and then weighing the bones. I dont even know the nutritional info to attempt to work it out.

Morning :0) food looks good for today!
As to the ribs,it's probably worth asking in the pro points section on here,someone is bound to know :0)

Slinkydawg said:
Morning, been a bit too busy over the weekend to update, but here i am. Weigh in was this morning and ive only lost 1lb, but i guess thats better than a gain. I had a bad day friday after absolutely no sleep so i was a bit annoyed with myself, and i assume thats the reason for such a small loss.

Todays food
B, mushroom and onion omelette (1.5)
S: small banana (1)
L: jacket potato and chilli (3)
D: salmon (4), jacket pot (2.5), veggies (0), mushroom sauce (1.5)
S: meringe and jelly (1)
Total: 17/20

A lb down is a lb down yayyy.

Well folks, last week wasnt the best. I had quite a lot going on and planning went out the window. As a result i regained that 1lb i lost last week. Anyway, things have settled now and im back on track. Hubby messed my day up yesterday with dinner, but i know i did the best that I could do, so i cant be mad at myself.

Todays food - Tuesday 11th September
B: mushroom and onion omelette (1.5)
L: jacket (3) with beans (1.5) and salad
S: yog with strawberries (1) - i weighed the strawberries on my ww scales and it didnt even come up to 1/2 point so just 1pt for the yog
D: slow cooked beef (3), jecket (3), veggies (0)
S: jelly and meringe (1)
Total: 14.5 so far

Hubby lost 1lb last week, which he was a bit disappointed in. Last week was manic though and i think he did well to lose even 1lb. Hopefully a better week this week for both of us.

Today has been a bad day food wise and mood wise. Its a viscious circle isnt it? Feel down, eat, feel down about eating, eat........

We had a buffet breakfast at work this morning and i really had excellent intentions but its all gone wrong, and because im annoyed at myself, ive now eaten some chocolate birthday cake.

pointless writing down my food for today really. better move on and try again tomorrow,

Back