Slipping!

saz2512

I re-started Slimming World at home 3.5 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks were fantastic - I lost 6lbs in my first week and 4 lbs in my second week. I avoided every temptation put in front of me and stuck to it perfectly. THEN week 3 came along and by the Wednesday (Monday is weigh in day) I just slipped and ate everything that I could!! WHY???? Monday came along again and I had put back on the 4lbs from the second weeks loss. Soooo annoyed with myself, even after seeing everyone's fantastic stories! This week I have tried but to be brutally honest it's been a bit half hearted. How can it be that for 2 weeks I have not a single worry about what I am doing and then boom it's like a switch has been turned and I can't control myself. I am doing the meals perfectly but snacking when I get home is the worst thing. Not sure why.

This afternoon I had a welcome message from another member which was really lovely and I have come back on the site again and been motivated by others so thank you and hopefully I am back on track again. After seeing all your successes I know I can keep going. :)

You had fantastic weight loss in your first two weeks on Slimming World which just goes to show how well it is working for you.

The road to weight loss is not a straight line and everyone here has their down days and days like you when we feel like throwing in the towel...and on those days you need your support network more than ever. Whether it is from family, group or here online.

It's easier to hide away on bad days than admit you are struggling for whatever reason...then what happens, is once in hiding, that one day can turn to a second bad day and then a third...and before you know it, you are on a roller coaster...going back in the wrong direction from where you want to be.

It takes courage and strength to face yourself and others and say you are struggling...we all need help and support and everyone on this journey knows that.

You come across in your post that you are now ready once again to take up the challenge and move forward with renewed belief and motivation in yourself because you know you are worth it...together we can do this.

So welcome back Saz and no more hiding:)

Welcome Saz! What are your reasons for losing weight? I'm trying to get rid of liver disease - those biscuits and crisps seemed so innocent when I was munching on them! who knew? I also want to be out of scruffy old clothes and actually enjoy clothes shopping (but that's a long way off!) What are you reasons? (if you're up for sharing) x

Back