Slow Cooker ideas?

netty1984

Im joining slimming world this morning then need to do a good shop.

Now I know straight away, if I have to cook for ages, I lose interest and eat the contents of my kitchen before its done...anyone got any slow cooker recipes so I can prep it before work and its done when I get homem

Or if there is already a thread, could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks folks xxx

Im joining slimming world this morning then need to do a good shop.

Now I know straight away, if I have to cook for ages, I lose interest and eat the contents of my kitchen before its done...anyone got any slow cooker recipes so I can prep it before work and its done when I get homem

Or if there is already a thread, could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks folks xxx

I cook a large joint of gammon or ham in mine on the slow setting, then have it sliced up when I get home with slimming world chips, eggs, beans, mushrooms and salad. Or I will put a whole chicken in and just steam a pile of veg when I get home for a quick mid week sort of roast dinner. Good luck with joining today. X

Thanks hun, do you need to put anything in with it or just throw the meat in?xx

I put a small amount of water in the bottom just so the meat doesn't stick to the bottom and dry out, with the chicken I do the same but often add a few fresh herbs and garlic etc.. Just as u would if you were putting it in the oven. X

Look in the Winter Warmer recipe sub-forum - there are stickies at the top of the page devoted to slow cooking

Also try doing a search as there are loads of slow cooking recipes on here.

Spag Bol is good in a slow cooker, just cook your pasta when you get home.

Back