Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Slow cooker pork question

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Gettingthinnerbytheday, 5 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ok - hope it is ok to put the question here & not the recipe section, I need to know if this will work rather than give the recipe!

Was thinking of making the syn free bbq sauce & putting this with a small joingt of pork in the slow cooker.

Question is - will it be ok to cook it like this as the pork will be raw & all the juices will come out won't they?

Was thinking of doing like a shreaded pork in bbq sauce type thing that can be used for either for a sandwich using HEb bread - or with lots of vegi's

So what do you think - should I cook the pork alone in the slow cooker, shread it & then add the bbq sauce, or cook it in the sauce so the joint gets the flavouring??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would try cooking it in some of the sauce and having some over it after cooking Hun. Sounds delicious!

4. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Diet:
    Slimming World
    yeah could do - never thought of that!! haha

Do you think it will be ok to still use the sauce its cooked in though? I am worried about the fats draining out of the joint!

5. AmandaV

AmandaV Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st5lb
    Current Weight:
    23st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(13.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love cooking pork in the slow cooker, make it so tender. I even do it for steaks/chops.

If it was me, I would add the sauce after as you do get a lot of water out of pork and the sauce would dilute too much.

6. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Diet:
    Slimming World
    ok so i have put the joint in on its own - figured I would drain off the excess stock & then 1/2 hours from the end cover it in bbq sauce - try it that way :)

Thanks to you both for your help though x

7. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I'd love to know how it turn's out, because it sounds gorgeous, and I love my slow cooker, so I should like to cook it myself.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.