Slow cooker pork question

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Gettingthinnerbytheday, 5 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ok - hope it is ok to put the question here & not the recipe section, I need to know if this will work rather than give the recipe!

Was thinking of making the syn free bbq sauce & putting this with a small joingt of pork in the slow cooker.

Question is - will it be ok to cook it like this as the pork will be raw & all the juices will come out won't they?

Was thinking of doing like a shreaded pork in bbq sauce type thing that can be used for either for a sandwich using HEb bread - or with lots of vegi's

So what do you think - should I cook the pork alone in the slow cooker, shread it & then add the bbq sauce, or cook it in the sauce so the joint gets the flavouring??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would try cooking it in some of the sauce and having some over it after cooking Hun. Sounds delicious!

4. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Diet:
    Slimming World
    yeah could do - never thought of that!! haha

Do you think it will be ok to still use the sauce its cooked in though? I am worried about the fats draining out of the joint!

5. AmandaV

AmandaV Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st5lb
    Current Weight:
    23st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(13.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love cooking pork in the slow cooker, make it so tender. I even do it for steaks/chops.

If it was me, I would add the sauce after as you do get a lot of water out of pork and the sauce would dilute too much.

6. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Diet:
    Slimming World
    ok so i have put the joint in on its own - figured I would drain off the excess stock & then 1/2 hours from the end cover it in bbq sauce - try it that way :)

Thanks to you both for your help though x

7. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I'd love to know how it turn's out, because it sounds gorgeous, and I love my slow cooker, so I should like to cook it myself.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.