• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Slow cooker pork question

Ok - hope it is ok to put the question here & not the recipe section, I need to know if this will work rather than give the recipe!

Was thinking of making the syn free bbq sauce & putting this with a small joingt of pork in the slow cooker.

Question is - will it be ok to cook it like this as the pork will be raw & all the juices will come out won't they?

Was thinking of doing like a shreaded pork in bbq sauce type thing that can be used for either for a sandwich using HEb bread - or with lots of vegi's

So what do you think - should I cook the pork alone in the slow cooker, shread it & then add the bbq sauce, or cook it in the sauce so the joint gets the flavouring??

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Mrs V

Loves Life!
I would try cooking it in some of the sauce and having some over it after cooking Hun. Sounds delicious!

yeah could do - never thought of that!! haha

Do you think it will be ok to still use the sauce its cooked in though? I am worried about the fats draining out of the joint!

AmandaV

I love cooking pork in the slow cooker, make it so tender. I even do it for steaks/chops.

If it was me, I would add the sauce after as you do get a lot of water out of pork and the sauce would dilute too much.

ok so i have put the joint in on its own - figured I would drain off the excess stock & then 1/2 hours from the end cover it in bbq sauce - try it that way :)

Thanks to you both for your help though x

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
I'd love to know how it turn's out, because it sounds gorgeous, and I love my slow cooker, so I should like to cook it myself.