.. SLOW COOKER RECIPES ..

*Claire-Bear*

Gold Member
Well, since everyone is LOVIN their slow cookers, i thought it be good for everyone to share slow cooker recipes so we can all make yummy pointable foods ... Remember, you dont have to stick completely to the recipes, the advantage of slow cookers is you can add to the recipe or take foods away ..

I have a couple of faves ....... (my slow cooker is 3litres)

Chicken stew

Can use Chicken drumsticks or readily chopped chicken
2 carrots sliced
1 onion chopped up finely
200g baby new potatoes
2 chicken oxo cubes
100mls of vegetable stock

Throw it all into the slow cooker (this is the beauty of it) for settings, you can stick it on high for 6-8 hours or low for 10-12 hours (this option is better for if your at work all day) then when your happy with your stew take off the meat from the drumsticks (it should practically fall off the bone) and add in 1 tbsp flour to thicken the stew ... VOILA .. tea ready and youve only been in the house half an hour

You only need to point your chicken, potatoes and stock once you've divided your portions

This would be 4 pro points a portion if sharing between 3 and using approx 400g raw chicken breast

Last edited:
Chicken curry

Oxo curry cubes x2 ( got these from sainsburys)
chicken oxo cubes x1
4 chicken thighs
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
1 chopped onion

Throw it all into the slow cooker for 10-12 hours ......... when you get home or your happy with your curry remove the lid to reduce some of the fluids ....... half an hour before serving stir in some fat free plain yogurt for a creamier tikka style curry ..
And serve with a rice of your choice.

THIS WOULD BE 4 PRO POINTS A PORTION BASED ON 4 SHARING ( MINUS THE RICE)

Last edited:
Spicy Veggie soup (very customisable)

200g red lentils
2 potatoes, cubed
4 carrots sliced
1 onion
tin of sweetcorn
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp chilli powder
vegetable stock - 1litre

Chop up the onion finely, throw into a frying pan with tsp olive oil add the cumin, ginger and chilli powder. then throw into the slow cooker with the lentils, vegetable stock, potatoes, sweetcorn and carrots .............. leave for 6-8hours then blend .......

3 PRO POINTS PER PORTION BASED ON 4 SHARING

Last edited:
I'm gonna try the chicken stew it looks fab and so easy!

Fab recipes!

Ruth
X

Another fabulous option are Swartz SLOW COOKER packets ....

Sausage and bean casserole

1packet of casserole
low fat sausages (8)
1 onion
300mls water
can of beans (any of your choice)

Fry the sausages and onions in a pan. mix the packet with the water. then add everything to your slow cooker. cook for 6-8 hours. if theres too much water at the end, leave the lid off and it will evaporate. then ready to serve.

7 PROPOINTS PER PORTION BASED ON 4 SHARING

Attachments

• SausageandBean (1).jpg
    SausageandBean (1).jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 940
Last edited:
I'm gonna try the chicken stew it looks fab and so easy!

Fab recipes!

Ruth
X

I had this last friday .. it was melt in the mouth ... sooo delish !!!!! xxx

Thanks for the recipes, let us know anymore you have. I also don't use mine nearly enough which is daft as a shift worker cos it makes life so much easier.

SWARTZ slow cooker packet - CHICKEN CURRY

1packet swartz chicken curry
tin of chopped tomatoes
chicken thighs
onion
(any veggies of your choice)

mix the packet with chopped tomatoes. add the chopped onion and thighs to the slow cooker ...... leave to cook for 6-10 hours again leave the lid off at the end for half an hour to reduce to extra fluid.

Sausage and bean casserole sounds absolutely lush :) I'll be making it this week so thanks very much!!! :) Xxxx

Spag bol

150ml boiled water
1 tablespoon olive oil
500g extra lean mince beef
2 chopped onions (med)
2 chopped Garlic cloves
400g chopped tomatoes
450ml chicken stock
tbsp tomato puree
250g pasta shells or whatever you like
Salt, pepper

Heat oil in frying pan and add minced meat and onions, then fry stir. Let cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and mix in canned tomatoes, stock, tomato puree
Place mixture in slow cooker. Replace lid and cook on low heat for 8-9 hours. Cook pasta shells in a saucepan with boiling water. Drain pasta shells then mix with cooked mince.

This is one ive got in a cook book ( im guna make it next week tho yum)

Thai red curry

One kilogram of trimmed and cut in half chicken thigh fillets
120 grams of Thai red curry paste
One cup of chicken stock
One and a half teaspoons of vegetable oil
150 grams of halved fresh shiitake mushrooms
230 grams of sliced bamboo shoots
One tablespoon of brown sugar
140 ml of coconut milk
1/3 cup of basil leaves
Steamed jasmine rice

Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan using medium high heat. Cook the chicken in batches for about 1 to 2 minutes until each side turns golden. Transfer to a slow cooker.
Reduce heat on frying pan to low. Add the rest of the oil into a pan. Add curry paste and cook while stirring for about two minutes until an aroma is released. Add stock then stir until the curry paste dissolves. Add the bamboo shoots and mushroom. Pour the mixture over the chicken and stir.
Cover and cook on high for 3.5 hours. Use a jug to combine sugar, coconut milk. Stir the mixture into curry. Cover and let it cook for 30 minutes on high.
Stir the food in basil and spoon over rice.

Ile point em up ... as im on SIMPLY FILLING, ive not been pointing ........ but i will for those on pps xxxxx

iVE POINTED THE ONES IVE EATEN (ANYONE FEEL FREE TO SAY IF THEY THINK THE POINTS MAY BE WRONG TA XXXX

No I mean is it dinner for 1 r 2.. how many servings as in?

lol, IVe just gone thru pointing and giving portion sizes .... hope it helps darlingggg xxx

Back