.. SLOW COOKER RECIPES ..

Tesco do a good one at the mo for £12 .. 3 litres .. Which would feed 2-4 ppl xxxxx

Ohhhhh my word, thanks for the info frances, didn't no any off this xxxxx
Tiz thanks to Laura as I only copied it from the site she sent link to.. :)
Nice to have a little bif of info isn't it?! :)

Dubchick81 said:
Ingredients:
¼ cup finely chopped onion
¼ cup finely chopped celery
¼ cup finely chopped green pepper
¼ cup chopped pimento
1 can (4 ounces/ 110 g) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
3 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
½ tsp seasoned slat
1/3 tsp pepper
1 can (about 10 ounces/ 280 g) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can (13 ounces/ 370 g) evaporated milk

Method:
Put all ingredients into a slow cooker; mix. Cover and cook on Low 2 – 3 hours, or until thoroughly heated; stir once. Serve with rice.

Aw that sounds amazing!! Sef gonna try that!

Dubchick81 said:
Am doing your chicken stew in the morning hun. So excited :)

Ooooooo, its delightful ... Enjoy xxxxx I had the veggie soup today, daaaaamn, its good xxxxx

*Claire-Bear* said:
Ooooooo, its delightful ... Enjoy xxxxx I had the veggie soup today, daaaaamn, its good xxxxx

Am debating whether r not to put it on now so its ready on the morning. Or put it on in the morning... Hmmm

Dubchick81 said:
Am debating whether r not to put it on now so its ready on the morning. Or put it on in the morning... Hmmm

Think of the delicious aroma as you wake ...... Mmmmmmmm xxxxxxx

Hahaaaaa, yes ... youll be eating chicken stew in your sleep xxxxxxxx

I'm going to try the chicken stew. I normally do beef stew in the slow cooker. If cooking chicken I always use chicken breasts as that's all my husband will eat. Are drumb sticks cheaper? I think if they are it may be worth buying for the slow cooker if it just falls off the bone.

Also, I bought the £12 one from Tesco and it's great. Enought to feed my family of 4. My husband works away during the week but I always cook recipes for 4, I either have the left overs for lunch the following day or freeze.

Yea I got a pack of 10 drumsticks last night for €3!!
Chicken stew is cooked and waiting at home for me to enjoy.. Excited much :D Can't wait to home to a piping hot home cooked dinner.. Its been a long long time since that's happened... :D

pugh said:
I'm going to try the chicken stew. I normally do beef stew in the slow cooker. If cooking chicken I always use chicken breasts as that's all my husband will eat. Are drumb sticks cheaper? I think if they are it may be worth buying for the slow cooker if it just falls off the bone.

Also, I bought the £12 one from Tesco and it's great. Enought to feed my family of 4. My husband works away during the week but I always cook recipes for 4, I either have the left overs for lunch the following day or freeze.

Yours is the same as mine =) decent drumsticks are £1.65 in tescoxxxxx

chilli con carne

Making slow cooker chilli con carne in the morning for tomoro's dinner... yummmm...

3 servings...
Ingredients:
2 tbsp oil
1 Lge Onion - peeled and chopped
1 Clove Garlic - peeled and crushed
1 Green Pepper - deseeded and chopped
100g Button Mushrooms - sliced
450g Ex Lean Minced Beef
400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
450ml Beef Stock
3tsp Chilli Powder
Salt & Pepper
2Tbsp Tomato Puree
420g Red Kidney Beans - drained & rinsed

Method:
Heat the oil in a saucepan
Add the onion, garlic and green pepper and cook for 2-3mins
Add the mushrooms and minced beef and cook for 3-4 mins (until browned)
Stir in tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
Bring to the boil, then transfer to the slow cooker and cook on high for 5-7 hours.
Stir in the kidney beans 30-45 mins before the end of cooking.
Serve with rice or baked potato

Check you out Frances, ile be making the chilli .... im makin my DELISH soup again soon ....... me n the fella scranned it all in one day :eek:

Pork with Chorizo & Peppers

350g Pork fillet (trimmed and cut into 1 cm slices)
2 sliced red onions
1 crushed garlic clove
... 50g sliced chorizo
2 level teaspoons smoked paprika
2 deseeded red pepper (sliced)
400g can chopped tomatoes

I just threw everything in the slow cooker and cooked on low for about 6 hours

Total ProPoints = 17, Serves 4, so that is 4ppts each

I have copied this recipe from someone else but its that tasty i wanted to share it.

Serves: 4
cooking oil spray
4 (115g) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
... 4 tablespoons water
Italian seasoning to taste
1 clove garlic, pressed
225g cream cheese, softened
1 (295g) tin cream of chicken low fat condensed soup
75g mushrooms, chopped
225g spaghetti
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

Preparation method
Prep:20 mins | Cook:5 hours
1. Spray the pan of a slow cooker with cooking oil. Place chicken breasts in pan. Combine Italian seasoning and water in a small bowl. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with garlic, cover and cook on Low 4 hours.
2. After 4 hours, whisk softened cream cheese and cream of chicken soup together in a bowl. Pour over chicken; stir in mushrooms. Cover and cook on Low for 1 additional hour.
3. Fill a large saucepan with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the spaghetti and return to the boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
4. To serve, spoon chicken and sauce over hot cooked pasta and sprinkle with parsley.

I use low fat garlic and herb philly for the cream cheese.

I've never tried this but someone once told me they put porridge in their slow cooker on an eve before going to bed & then it's ready when they get up in morning x

Back