.. SLOW COOKER RECIPES ..

Ooooo, ile do that then ... taaaar honey :D xxxx

I have got to start cooking with mine!!!!!

It's just sat in the cupboard!

Ruth
X

Ok been lookin for these Schwartz slow cooker sachets.... N can't find them!!!
Do they say Slow Cooker on the pack or One Pot r anything to suggest they're for slo cookers???? R do u guys just use them in yer slo cookers???

I'm making the chicken curry next Sunday! Got it all planned in my week :) yum cant wait!!

Ruth
X

Thank Gemmaloulou.. Was looking at the casserole ones n all thinking it must be them, but they didn't say Slow Cooker and I was 90% sure the girls here said they had it on the pack.. Will ask next time i'm in if I still can't find them.. At least I'm 100% sure now they say it ha ha..

Ive put a pic somewhere on this thread frances .... So you can make sure its right one xxxxxxx

At my local supermarkets they're always on the end of an isle, never with the packets and stir in sauces.

Stuffed spicy peppers

Youll need
4 peppers
Lean pork
1 chopped Onion
125g brown rice cooked
100g lentils
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp paprika
pork stock
Veg stock

1. Hollow out the peppers. Preheat the slow cooker.

2. Fry the pork, onions, garlic, paprika, garam masala and crumble the pork stock over whilst frying. Fry til just browned

3. In a jug mix together the rice, lentils and pork mix from the pan. Stuff the peppers.

4. Make up a pint of veg stock, add the peppers to the slow cooker then pour the stock around the peppers.

5. Leave slow cooker on low and cook for 5 hours

This is in my slow cooker as I type

Xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Plus, I don't know if anyone else knows this .... the lid on the slow cooker is like a tight seal whilst cooking so if you remove the lid throughout cooking you should add 20mins more to cooking times each time the lid is removed ... Read this in a slow cooker recipe book xxxxxxx

newbie here :) loving these recipes, i'm compiling a microsoft word document of low fat recipes, (just started pro points, but doing it at home) This is my 5th day and i've only used my weeklies once (when i went to a gig and had 3 cheeky vimtos :( ) but other than that the other days ive not managed to use my points! (so although your points cant roll over, in my mind ive made up for the bad start with the alcohol) Only drinking water and eating plenty of veggies! Absolutely loving being introduced to new foods, i made the cajun chicken last night (think it was on here) and everybody loved it so much i was getting begged to cook it again in the future! I love cooking so points suits me well as i'm exploring constantly, just bought a slow cooker and i'm looking at trying many of these recipes in the future :D

thanks ladies

newbie here :) loving these recipes, i'm compiling a microsoft word document of low fat recipes, (just started pro points, but doing it at home) This is my 5th day and i've only used my weeklies once (when i went to a gig and had 3 cheeky vimtos :( ) but other than that the other days ive not managed to use my points! (so although your points cant roll over, in my mind ive made up for the bad start with the alcohol) Only drinking water and eating plenty of veggies! Absolutely loving being introduced to new foods, i made the cajun chicken last night (think it was on here) and everybody loved it so much i was getting begged to cook it again in the future! I love cooking so points suits me well as i'm exploring constantly, just bought a slow cooker and i'm looking at trying many of these recipes in the future :D

thanks ladies

Welcome wild child .. feel free to use any of the recipes and add some of your own inspirations ;) ... if you need help just shout xxxxx

WildChild88 said:

thanks ladies

Mmmm vimto!!!

Not had my slow cooker out for years and got inspired reading this.

Made the chicken stew tonight for hubby and son, I'm still on vlcd (but enjoying cooking!)I made a few adjustments, and made a school girl error of not adding the flour! Added sweet corn, peas and mushrooms. They loved it, but was a bit watery lol and it was perfect to blend so 10 mth old son enjoyed it too, will defy make this a regular, cant wait till i start ww, will leave out peas and sweetcorn then, gutted to read they are pointed! Made it with chicken breast but will try drumsticks next time. Also brought some of the Schwartz mixes today after seeing them on here, think I will try sausage and beans tomorrow!

Back