.. SLOW COOKER RECIPES ..

I'm sorry if someone has posted this already but i'm making this for friends tomorrow.

Turkey Bolognaise (serves 4)
450gsm Turkey mince: 16pt
2 Large Onions: 0pt
Mushrooms: 0pt
3 Peppers: 0pt
2 tins tinned toms: 0
2tbsp Tomato puree: 0
Garlic gloves to taste: 0
Pinch of Chilli: 0
1 Tbsp Marmite: 0 (sounds odd but adds a really meaty flavour)
Bit of seasoning (basil, oregano, salt, pepper – whatever you fancy)
OPTIONAL BUT TASTEY - 4 medallions of smoked bacon trimmed into strips

So the only thing I do is I fry the turkey in a dry pan to drain off some of the fat and bung it all in one low for 10 hours!

Stir when possible (I get my OH to stir when he gets in around 3.30pm)
If it looks a bit thin I leave the lid off while I cook the pasta, have a quick taste and see if it’s missing anything
If you serve with a generous portion of pasta 6pt that’s 11pts in total (10 without the bacon) which I think is ace for a really filling tea!
I use turkey because it’s less pp than beef, quorn is even better but the once I tried this recipe with quorn it started to burn, it was edible but had a slight burnt taste so you wouldn’t be able to leave it for 10hours, maybe 6-8 would be OK though?

To make it a bit more rich if you have the points it's always nice to throw in some red wine and some sliced choritzo (you can do this instead of bacon if you like)

:)

Im guna make your chilli this weekend frances xxxxx

Claire its amazeballs... :) I'm gona make it again the weekend too :)
And the chicken stew for Monday :)

Oooooof! you are gettin the slow cooker bug aint ya Frances ..... think i may copy you with the meals ... both so FIT !!!

*Claire-Bear* said:
Oooooof! you are gettin the slow cooker bug aint ya Frances ..... think i may copy you with the meals ... both so FIT !!!

Well b truly bitten Claire. Need time to hunt for loadsa recipes to try out. Jus so busy in work at the mo

Ile have a good look this weekend ;) post some goodens for ya xxxxx

MrsLmc said:
Loving my slow cooker too. My stew yesterday was bloody lovely. Having a day off today, and using my slow cooker to make sure I get back onto it tomorrow. Have kinda shepards pie on the go :)

Ooooooo you in the slow cooker gang too laura, love it xxxxx

*Claire-Bear* said:
Spicy Veggie soup (very customisable)

200g red lentils
2 potatoes, cubed
4 carrots sliced
1 onion
tin of sweetcorn
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp chilli powder
vegetable stock - 1litre

Chop up the onion finely, throw into a frying pan with tsp olive oil add the cumin, ginger and chilli powder. then throw into the slow cooker with the lentils, vegetable stock, potatoes, sweetcorn and carrots .............. leave for 6-8hours then blend .......

3 PRO POINTS PER PORTION BASED ON 4 SHARING

this sounds gr8 like my soups x

Dubchick81 said:
Making slow cooker chilli con carne in the morning for tomoro's dinner... yummmm...

3 servings...
Ingredients:
2 tbsp oil
1 Lge Onion - peeled and chopped
1 Clove Garlic - peeled and crushed
1 Green Pepper - deseeded and chopped
100g Button Mushrooms - sliced
450g Ex Lean Minced Beef
400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
450ml Beef Stock
3tsp Chilli Powder
Salt & Pepper
2Tbsp Tomato Puree
420g Red Kidney Beans - drained & rinsed

Method:
Heat the oil in a saucepan
Add the onion, garlic and green pepper and cook for 2-3mins
Add the mushrooms and minced beef and cook for 3-4 mins (until browned)
Stir in tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
Bring to the boil, then transfer to the slow cooker and cook on high for 5-7 hours.
Stir in the kidney beans 30-45 mins before the end of cooking.
Serve with rice or baked potato

Currently making this ..... Mmmmmmm xxx

Ladies this thread is great. I have swithered this week about buying one but after reading this im going to nip to tesco and buy the one thats on offer for £12 (hope its still on offer). Im going to do the soup first :)

cyprusbride said:
Ladies this thread is great. I have swithered this week about buying one but after reading this im going to nip to tesco and buy the one thats on offer for £12 (hope its still on offer). Im going to do the soup first :)

Aww u'll love it. My life's complete since I got it last week. Am currently doin my spaghetti bol in it :)

Just discovered this thread. My mam gave me her slow cooker just before Xmas and I've been using it this week! I haven't had chance to look through properly but I'll deffo be checking out some of the recipes and adding some of my own! X

Thats the one i have !! you wont regret it atall .. Frances is more in love with hers than her fella :eek: haha !!

Frances ... That chilli was delightful :) xxxxx

*Claire-Bear* said:
Frances ... That chilli was delightful :) xxxxx

Isn't it just fab?? I'll add more spice to mine next time. Made it the recipe last time as I always follow the recipe first time I try something.

Yeah I added more than 3 tsp chilli powder .... It was gaaaaawjus. Me n the boy ate it between us

Back