slow cooker?

Me too!

Keep it coming!

Give me amounts, how much veg, how long can it keep etc. how much diet coke,what weight joint etc.

Can roast beef be slow-cooked in this way?

Should I just start with something easy-peasy that i know like vegetable soup or a casserole?

Too many questions I know, but don't want to make the first one a "waste-of-a-joint error:eek:

Iwith the coke I'm earrings on the put gammon in and see if one can comes up the sides enough? And not two cans swimming over the top? It is trial error like anything scary at first.

Beef joint the same,you could add carrots ,potatoes and beef stock ,couple inches of stock should keep it moist,add some bisto at end to stock if you fancy a thicker gravy. Cook on low whilst pit and turn to high when you get home,while you're doing whatever you do when you get home.

The easiest kind of meals for me are things like beef chilli,as it's just how I would make it on the cooker ,in a pan. Or savoury mince and onions,you could add carrots,potatoes to that ,just mince,beef stock,carrots,onions,potatoes.

I actually prefer things like beef joins done roasted in the oven,it's each to their own.

The baked potato thing always confuses me,I wouldn't dare I don't think,as most machines say "do not use without water" so I never understand the foil/potato thingy.

I think your best bet for a first go would be gammon and coke. I'm not adding veg into mine,I'll do it separate until I've mastered the gammon bit.

Things usually say 8 hours on low, 4 on high. But nothings going to spoil much going over,not like an oven. You just need to make sure,like I said earlier,the middle is cooked through,especially chicken.

Quick question, with a leg of lamb do you put in on a trivet of a couple of carrots so the fat has somewhere to go (with couple of cms of water in bottom). I've never been that keen on lamb in a slow cooker for this reason but someone at group suggested this last night.

There are loads of slow cooker recipes in the recipe sub-forum so well worth a look.

To cook a whole bird just scrunch up some balls of foil and put them in the base of the dish and stand the bird on top of them. You don't need to add any liquid as you will be amazed how much comes out when you cook it. Raising it a bit on the foil stop it sitting in the juices that come out.

By the way, it you are adapting a standard recipe always use half the recommended amount of liquid. As the slow cooker lid is on, the liquid is not able to evaporate so you don't need as much.

Back