Slow Cooker???

Squeezyweezy

Gold Member
Hi guys,

do any of you use a slow cooker for CCing? I am thinking of getting one (tesco £9) but not sure if I will use it.

On MFP in the recipes section, they have sooooo many recipes using them. Always come across them :)

I have the Tesco's one and it's good. I must admit, I had it for 9/10 months and never used it but I braved it few weeks ago and SC a whole roast chicken (just chucked whole chicken in as is with no water but skin removed and cooked on high for 5hrs. It came out beautifully flakey and lush :D I always cook thighs/legs in the SC but I'm a big fan of chicken - my other SC friends tell me cheap cuts of beef come out beautifully in their SC. They use it mainly for hearty stews :D

You can make really low cal stews in it.... Some cheap beef, couple of tins of tomatoes, veg(onions, peppers , carrots, mushrooms) and some herbs/garlic/worcester sauce.... It is fab x

I use it for casseroles, stews, soups, it's great!

Stupid question, I apologise in advance!!

I've looked at the recipes on MFP for the slow cooker.......and they do look scrummy......but how do you work out the calories??

TIA x

dizzydawnie said:
Stupid question, I apologise in advance!!

I've looked at the recipes on MFP for the slow cooker.......and they do look scrummy......but how do you work out the calories??

TIA x

Put all the ingredients in Mfp recipes . Top on right x

Put all the ingredients in MFP in the recipe section then where it says serves how many put the amount of servings it would serve. Then it will give u cals per serving x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I made a gorgeous stew in mines yesterday - 9 hrs on high and the meat was melting in my mouth - I am going to use mines a lot more

Think I might try soup in it x

Just made a goulash: pork, tinned tons, mushrooms, peppers, onions, paprika yummy x

I make beef stew about once a week in the winter. The whole meal comes to 400ish calories including potatoes, and is so lovely and delish.

There's a recipe section in this calorie counting part of the site and I think there's already a thread about slow cooker recipes. Go share the ones you guys have posted here, they sound lovely!

Back