Slow Losses

Ro1sin

Is anyone else feeling like they’re not getting the losses they deserve? I am 100% on plan every week. I have my 15 syns probably 6 out of 7 days and my HexA and HexB every day. Im at the gym at least twice a week but sometimes more. If Im lucky I will lose 1.5lb but Im getting so many maintains these weeks its so disheartening. Anyone else?

I don't know much about SW as I follow other diet plans, but have you tried counting calories as a secondary check? I know SW doesn't really work on that principle, but you may be consuming too much of something or other... If you post a food diary I'm sure fellow SW'ers can weigh in and advise better than I can :)
Good luck x

I've been doing the plan for 8 weeks this week and, in total have only lost 6.5lbs.
Lost 4lb on my first week and then it took me another 3/4 weeks to get my half stone award. Since then I've put on a lb and maintained. It is a bit disheartening, especially when I maintained last week and one of the girls in the office lost 1.5lbs - after eating TWO Krispy Kreme Donuts - ON WEIGH DAY!!
It's frustrating that those who seem to have more syns than they should, or who cheat a bit more, seem to lose more than me but, I keep going.
This week I'm doing SP, and next week. I'm determined to get this weight off and I'm not bothered about anyone else any more.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to recommend, but how about trying some herbal/natural water retention tablets? It could be that that's affecting your weight loss, especially as the weather keeps changing.
Also, are you eating enough? I think this has been my downfall of late. I'm eating the right stuff, just not enough of it. A lot of people at group recommend eating a bit more too and when they have done that, it's started to fall off

I would also second the calorie counting as a back-up... its amazing when you start tracking how many calories you may be taking in as its all "free!"

I am also a slow loser - chums drink on the weekend and eat above their syns every day and drop the lbs. I stick perfectly to plan every day, I only have ~5 syns a day and then may have a gin syn at the weekend and nothing on scales move... weeks on end sometimes! And I also work out 3-4 High Intensity/Boot Camp without fail.

That said, those who lose weight quicker also tend to eat hardly anything the rest of their day... not me. That's why I never get the thinking that we don't lose because we "aren't eating enough." Calorie in and calories out. I started logging into MyFitnessPal after slow start and noticed that I was still eating ~1800/day and sometimes even more on workout days. You do that and yes, it will come off slowly. I moved to trying for ~1400c/day and then noticed a difference.

Best of luck to you!!!

I've tried SW a few times and can never lose much unless I combine it with intermittent fasting and/or calorie counting. I think for me it's because I'm short and inactive so the number of calories needed to maintain a weight I'm happy with is very low! It's so easy to eat more calories than I need on SW so it may be ok for maintenance but not for losing.

I agree with @soshbfly and also use MFP to check myself. Particularly portion size. SW are quick to use the word "unlimited" but the small print is eat until satisfied and not bursting out of your jeans.
Despite being involved in Law I never did like the small print and hence why I'm here!!

Back