slow progress - but I'm happy

MandyMc

Hi all

I just wanted to reflect on my current CD progress.

I've been on the diet [810 plan] 8 weeks. I've lost 23lbs. The first month was hard but the losses were great. The second month has been slow, partly because of a planned break, but for the first time ever I looked forward to getting back on a diet afterwards, and have been 100% since. Also, even if progress is slow, I know I can stick with this diet as long as needed. Here are some of the reasons.

I'm pleased with the way I look instead of hating it. I don't feel delighted yet, because I'm still an 18 in quite a few clothes and I'm still clearly overweight, but I feel way better. I look a lot younger and foxier too, so I'm told! I am fitter and sportier and when I want to do sports I don't have to apologise for my weight or worry that gear won't fit. I don't have to wake up every day worried that today will be a bad binging day, because I can completely control my eating. I don't have to count alcohol units, or stress about drinking too much, because I don't drink. And I know that if I work through the Cambridge maintenance programme, I can keep all these benefits permanently. Thank you Cambridge!

What a fab post !
Well done on your losses, I am also looking forward to being comfy in 18's so I know where your coming from !
This forum is fab and I can't believe I've never done the plan before now.
Another yayyyyyyy for Cambridge from me x

Back