Slow slow losses

abcdebony

Hi everyone after a first week loss of 10lbs I have lost 2lbs and the it looks like tomorrow will be 1lbs.
I am doing mainly 3 packs plus a meal and have not deviated from the plan, any ideas why my losses are so slow?? I've got stones to lose and It's really demotivating! :(

Make sure you are drinking enough water - I found it made a big difference to the amount of weight I lost. Also are you exercising? If so you may see less on the scales but your measurements will be changing and you will be losing fat - it's just that you retain water to help with muscle growth and muscle itself weighs more than the same volume of fat. Finally just check that you are not accidently having something that could keep you out of ketosis - such as camomile tea, diet coke, lemon in your water etc.

Also, I notice in your posting history that you are having zero noodles. I have never had them and have no idea what affect they could have on weght loss (I know that SnS have said they're ok to have). If you are having these every day then you may be the first person to do so and so we may not be aware of their impact. I would suggest not having them this week and see whether it makes a difference to your weight loss.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I only had 2 packs of zero noodles because I couldn't tolerate the texture of them so unfortunately it can't be that I'm not exercising yet so that's out too?? The only drinks I have are dr pepper zero, coffee bouillon or water.
I drink 4litres religiously everyday not including other drinks or the water I put in food as I find myself thirsty quite a lot but I do wonder if my body requires more than this as I have always been prone to dehydrating easily but I'm a bit scared to overdo it as I know that it's possible to drink too much?
I've been in ketosis from day 3 according to the keto stix and my symptoms as I have a significantly reduced appetite?
I seem to be defying the laws of nature!!!!
I've emailed rob at s&s and he is a bit stumped too but I'm gonna plod on hoping that a miraculous woosh happens at some point.
Any other thoughts would be appreciated I almost wish I had cheated as at least then I would know why the losses are do small!!

abcdebony said:
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I only had 2 packs of zero noodles because I couldn't tolerate the texture of them so unfortunately it can't be that I'm not exercising yet so that's out too?? The only drinks I have are dr pepper zero, coffee bouillon or water.
I drink 4litres religiously everyday not including other drinks or the water I put in food as I find myself thirsty quite a lot but I do wonder if my body requires more than this as I have always been prone to dehydrating easily but I'm a bit scared to overdo it as I know that it's possible to drink too much?
I've been in ketosis from day 3 according to the keto stix and my symptoms as I have a significantly reduced appetite?
I seem to be defying the laws of nature!!!!
I've emailed rob at s&s and he is a bit stumped too but I'm gonna plod on hoping that a miraculous woosh happens at some point.
Any other thoughts would be appreciated I almost wish I had cheated as at least then I would know why the losses are do small!!

If you are feeling thristy then drink more. I regularly have 6 to 7 litres a day (even now at goal) because that's what my body seems to need. As long as you spread it throughout the day you'll be fine. It's drinking a lot of water in a short space of time which is dangerous. It does sound like you're in ketosis which is good! It might be worth looking at how much dr pepper zero you're having - I think SnS recommend no more than 0.5 litres a day - but I might be wrong on that. How much bullion are you having? Is it a low salt version? If not (or you are having lots) you could be retaining water. How are your measurements doing? Are you still losing inches if not weight? Is your TOTM on its way? That affects my weight hugely.

Mmm I have maybe 2 cups of reduced salt boulion per day but possible have closer to 1 litre of dr pepper some days? I have been adding salt to my meal which maybe making me retain fluid if I do require more water than I'm taking in? Also what you said about exercise made me think about something I'm having some heavy duty osteopathic work done to my back which includes a deep tissue massage weekly. I wonder if I am retaining water as my muscles repair because believe me this is a heavy duty massage it literally leaves me bruised the next day it's so brutal!!!
I'm gonna stop drinking the boullion, limit my dr pepper and gulg more water and see what happens.
I've got to admit the inch loss has been good so far ( I measure on a Sunday night so ill update on tonight's if I can find where my 2yr old has hidden my tape measure!!!)
At this rate i'll end up the heaviest size 14 ( my goal) known to man!
Thanks for the advise x

Can you cut out everything except water and coffee for a week and see what happens? I've avoided fizz this time round as I had noticed that I seemed to lose more on previous diets if I cut out the diet coke (I used to be a 3+ litres a day girl!). Whilst I do think now that perhaps that was mainly down to the citric acid, I think it's also possible to be quite sensitve to the other sweetners too. I would echo upping your water too, what colour are your ketostix? If they are purple then you are dehydrated.

Hi noodles keto stix are generally mid chart so not drastically dehydrated. I may try dropping the dr pepper as something isn't quite right.
Measurements show a 4ins loss this week so all hope is not lost it just seems to extreme of a diet and too anti social for a lb per week loss. Never the less if I don't continue I'll be putting weight on so ill keep going x

If it is water retention then you'll still be losing the fat - it's just that it won't appear yet on the scales. I guess it is possible that your massage is causing water retention when mending the muscles. As long as your inches are still reducing then you know you're losing - just because it isn't appearing yet on the scales doesn't matter - as long as you can keep motivated. Good luck!

Back