slow weight loss

Magggie

Hello all
advice needed from vintage vlcd's please
it's my 2nd week of exante
I am on 3 packs a day-600 kcals
take an hours exercise a day(walking 1/2 an hour to & from work each way)
I feel fine, apart from my slightly furry tongue :D
but after my wonderful 9lbs loss the first week
I have only lost 2lbs by the 5th day into my 2nd week

Should I up to 4 packs a day?
add more exercise
cut down on caffeine?
Any tips?

the only tip i can give you is to stop weighing mid-week hun, keep doing what you have been doing and weigh in the same time each week as your weight will fluctuate during the week and you won't get a true reading

Yeah, what Eclipse said. Most of your first week's loss is water anyway I believe, you will never maintain those huge losses over time. In fact you should probably be more worried if you did!

Average loss is supposed to be around a stone per month which averages out to about 3-4 lbs per week so I'd say you were bang on target personally. 1lb every 2-3 days? Think of it in actual numbers too if you like, you need to burn about 3000 calories to shift 1lb of fat. If your "normal" daily metabolic rate is say 2000 calories and you are only having 600 then you will be burning 1400 cals of body weight per day, so again just over 2 days to shift 1lb.

Of course speed of loss will also depend on your individual metabolism, how much you need to lose, how much excercise you do etc.

Sounds to me like you are doing fine though, just stick with it and see what happens at weigh-in.........:)

Maggie - stick to your guns....any weight off is a bonus!!!

Just think of it like this - in 12 days you have achieved an 11lb weight loss....by your third week you will easily have 1 stone off you....its all onwards and upwards! x

What they said!!! Keep at it, good luck.

Why did this thread get moved over onto the exante forum?

I wanted it to stay over on the main vlcd pages as I thought it would get more views from the people who have been on any vlcd for longer than we all seem tohave on here
we are a few weeks in.

Strange!

Dunno.

I thought you posted it there cos you were having trouble posting new threads in here, maybe one of the mods did too? :confused:

They all come and nosey in here anyway since it got a bit livelier ;) which is great cos we get lots of help from more experienced VLCD-ers without the hassle of trawling the rest of the site ourselves when we can't be arsed......:D

Are you feeling any more positive yet? :)

Was a little put off
the horizon was possibly in view last week
but ended this week on a good downward weight spiral
slow but sure like you say

god , I must have been eating a lot of food before

the horizon is just a little further away that's all

It's not unusual to have a slow week after an *exceptional* week. It's the dietary version of 'regression to the mean'. It all averages out. in the long run.

On previous diets I could stay the same for one or even two weeks, without doing anything wrong. On the third I'd lose the whole lot. (But by then, the group leader had already spent a fortnight looking at me like I was a liar, and on the third week would say 'wow that's brilliant! what have you done different??' 'errr... absolutely nothing.' And then I'd get that look again... And then get fed up about being disbelieved, and then quit in a huff. Usually.)

Anyway, back to the point. The tide may have turned tomorrow morning, and if not, look at the bigger picture..

Back