Slushy's journal - why is today a struggle?

Hi Slushy,

Your boobies will shrink down has mine have lost 12 inches off them already that last time I measured, just can't put my hands on the tape to measure again.

If you do light weights and some chest exercise it will help with your chest wall muscles and this will help the look.

When you are losing weight it is really the most important time to wear a good fitting bra I have found and to do breast massage as well, your husband could volunteer for this.

If he likes low cut dresses you could always get one of those nighties that look like a dress and keep him happy that way:rolleyes:

No point panicking now until you get to goal and see how they hang then.

Perhaps we can have a panic party together!!!:eek:

If you start to think like this as we all do from time to time it can leave you feeling depressed and hopeless.

So focus on the postives...you will feel better, look younger and with good fitting bras etc., you can hide a lot of sins.
It is easier to do when your slim than when you feel like the Michelin tyre man.

How is your Spanish coming along?

Can you say I have lost 8lbs. in Spanish!!!

here is a link to the inspirational thread, this helps me to stay focused!!!

http://www.minimins.com/night-shift-workers-forum/3333-inspirational-photos-4.html#post52542

mins youre dead right
thanks for a fabulous post and for sending me to look at those pictures
each and every one is wonderful!!

i wanted to approve your post but it wont let me till i spread my approvals around a bit first

so ill just say it
thanks!!

Well thanks to the support i received here last night, today has been much much better.

In the words of 'canireallydothis' my head is back in the right place.

I have had a relaxing and fairly uneventful day but thats fine - i have felt really weary.

Baked and cooked for freezer again ( i must be a glutton for punishment eh?) , then my neice and nephew popped around, theyre 8 and 5 and natural born comedians so that was a good bit of entertainment.

By the time they left, i walked the dog for an hour and then suddenly realized it was almost 2.30 and i hadnt had a shake yet!

Had 1/2 cappucinno mixed with 1/2 vanilla shake warm for lunch, was yummy, did ironing all afternoon.

Tonight i cooked steak chips and garlic bread for the whole family - skinny minnies all of em! and managed to resist picking by having a hot savory drink to sip on.

Had a tomato soup for dinner and, having read a thread elsewhere on here about the best way to prep it, it was much better than the last one i had. Just about managed it without heaving once lol

I have just watched 'strictly come dancing', which i love, and have a new fantasy about me all slim and sexy dancing with that scrummy brendan cole - corrr.

Anyway now its time for me to go do a few more household chores, perhaps fit in a bit of spanish study while i am online ( while enjoying a choccie tetra ) and then its an early night for me as i have tons to do tomorrow.

x

Note to self on what i have learnt in 10 days SS ( you know its all true and it all works) :

1. at times that i start wanting food - ask myself if i am really hungry or just bored? picky? thirsty? - whatever the answer - drink a glass of water and go do something else for 30-45 mins - walk dog- study spanish - post on here- bath- ironing - whatever! i KNOW i wont be hungry when its done.

2. dont discuss cd and ss needlessly with others. they will criticize the method, they wont encourage you, they wont notice your weight loss, they will try to tempt you to eat ' oh go on one bite/drink won't hurt' - - if i need to talk CD SS come to minis.

3. Keep up with your eating/feeling journal and believe the triggers and connections. The last ten days journal does not lie - avoid the situations/people/triggers that make you want to over indulge in food and drink.

Ok so its just three things but they can change my life.

Day 11.

Woke up with a splitting headache and very dehydrated this morning so have been drinking gallons of water. Have found that the summer fruits water flavouring has weaned me off the nightly dc i was having .

Cooked roast duck for dad for lunch and wasnt even tempted by the lovely smell or the roast potatoes.
Have to ask myself why I keep typing about food though? I must realize its not important enough to keep thinking about.

Walked fast for 30 mins along river banks with dog and blew the cobwebs out of my hair - now off to soak in the bath and finish off a fab book.

Day 12 and in severe shock
had to get up to pee three times in the night due to knocking back 6 liters of water yesterday
then managed to poop for firt time in 3 days this a.m after taking psyllium husks yesterday
and the combination of the two now mean my scales say i am 1stone down in 12 days!!
i cannot believe it but ive been on and off teh scales 20 times and it is what they say

test will be when i put my uniform on for first time in a week in a bit - will be interesting to see if thats any looser

anyway after today i am not weighing myself at home any more if i can help it - will stick to new cdc's scales.

Day 15 is almost half over for me ( 7 hours ahead of uk ) and sill going well

had a fab day
did a ton of shopping at markets, loads of bargains, then decided to 'treat myself' to traditional chinese massage - had an hour of pummeling and pounding which was not exactly painless but which has ironed out almost all my worst knots and lumps, and it cost me ....... £3!!!
will be going back for seconds on friday

dietwise all is progressing smoothly

managed to walk past all the delicious smelling street food - was hard to do though

just been out to buy 8 liters of mineral water and am about to enjoy an oriental chili soup to make up for all that missed dim sum and noodles.

thing i am finding hardest of all is NOT stepping on the scales in the hotel bathroom - but i know i mustnt cause if they happened to be different to home scales and show i havent lost or lord forbid have gone up , it could well throw me off the rails and force me to have sizzling prawns in garlic sauce lol

back later
x

Well done Slushy!!!

A stone off in 12 days is brill, your doing excellent!

You do sound like you have your head in the right place and I hope it stays there!!!

One stone is magic!!!

A great incentive for keeping going.

Love Mini xxx

Slushy

Just thought I would drop by to say WELL DONE. A stone in 12 days is brilliant - you must feel fab.

Wont be long before your back in that American size small.

Have a great rest of the day.

love
texasgirl

Lol Slushy, keep laughing at your avatar and thinking of the music for the Renault advert!! :D Well done on 'dropping' a stone mate, and glad the husks helped :)

The weight loss is great. Its looking at posts like this, by people who are slightly ahead of me in the process that really shows me whats possible.

You are an absolute star for all that cooking and baking though. I couldnt do it!! You have willpower of steel!!!

thanks all

i almost feel guilty that i am not struggling ( yet?)

someone elsewhere said their head was in the right place
mine is
and i think that THAT and focus is the key to doing this

i have been here before though and failed after 1stone so if i can get to 1st3lbs some time soon ill be past my own personal hurdle i guess

Dont feel guilty, although I know what you mean, Keep at it girl, when you fly over your personal hurdle it will feel great!!!

Vx

someone elsewhere said their head was in the right place
mine is
and i think that THAT and focus is the key to doing this

i have been here before though and failed after 1stone so if i can get to 1st3lbs some time soon ill be past my own personal hurdle i guess

Hi hun,

U're exactly right!
U reall yhave to be 100% ready to accept the changes within urself,. afterall this isn't just another diet but a journey of self discovery.
I've seen this diet transform soo many peoples lives - and isn't it a great feeling being in control???
Congrats on ur first stone - here's to conquering the rest!!!

Much love, chelle xx

Nice one Slushy!!! :D Well done, hun...:D x

That's excellent. Great to reach those milestones eh!

Fab work slushy :cool:

Back